#1301 jp1972

jp1972

Lurker

• Sombie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:21 PM

Posted Image

Grabbed this today ... I dreaded the thought of kicking myself in a few years if I passed it by.

#1302 Mudbug

Mudbug

Lurker

• Sombie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:59 PM

Never Mind The Bollocks, Sex Pistols, still sounds great!
"I gave up drugs when the doctor told me I had 6 months to live" Keith Richards

#1303 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

Titus Andronicus -- The Airing of Grievences

Just ordered a copy through their website. One of 500 I guess, with only 250 being put online for order and teh rest going out on tour with the band and undoubtedly being snatched up within days. Pretty glad I gravy-robbed this on up while it's around.

I got my copy of this yesterday and it was warped to shit. I couldn't tell if it was from sitting in the sun all day, but I have an inclination that the postal worker who delivered it stepped on it a dozen times, ran it over with his car once, and then headbutted it for no apparent reason. The packaging was pretty banged up, too.

Luckily I emailed the kind folks who I bought it through and they are sending me another, no questions asked. Swell New Jersey-ans.

The packaging for this thing is pretty awesome. Just a blank record with no inserts inside of a large cardboard sleeve that only has the band/album name on it and tracklisting on the back. No additional art or anything. It's pretty great.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#1304 Heretix

Heretix

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

Titus Andronicus -- The Airing of Grievences

Just ordered a copy through their website. One of 500 I guess, with only 250 being put online for order and teh rest going out on tour with the band and undoubtedly being snatched up within days. Pretty glad I gravy-robbed this on up while it's around.

I got my copy of this yesterday and it was warped to shit. I couldn't tell if it was from sitting in the sun all day, but I have an inclination that the postal worker who delivered it stepped on it a dozen times, ran it over with his car once, and then headbutted it for no apparent reason. The packaging was pretty banged up, too.

Luckily I emailed the kind folks who I bought it through and they are sending me another, no questions asked. Swell New Jersey-ans.

The packaging for this thing is pretty awesome. Just a blank record with no inserts inside of a large cardboard sleeve that only has the band/album name on it and tracklisting on the back. No additional art or anything. It's pretty great.

Yep, I got mine yesterday as well. It was in good condition, thankfully. I kind of wish the LP had actual labels but it's kind of neat..but yeah, the simple cardboard sleeve is awesome. And kind of charmingly, my LP (#142) has the first number (126) crossed out with 142 underneath it.. very hand-made feeling record. I just ordered the After Dark 3xLP, can't wait till it arrives.

#1305 NewGrass

NewGrass

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:48 PM

Doldrums - Secret Life of Machines Don Caballero - Don Caballero 2 Labradford - Julius / Columna de la Independencia Labradford - Mi Media Naranja Sleater-Kinney - Dig Me Out Three Mile Pilot - Three Mile Pilot
aleyna> i just scare off hipsters by putting my cigarette out in their eyes
aleyna> that teaches them not to get in my way.

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis
Posted Image
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Efourman

#1306 NewGrass

NewGrass

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:12 PM

Oren Ambarchi - Final Kiss On Poisoned Cheeks (clear etched 12" limited to 2000 copies) NVH/Chasny - Plays The Book of Revelations (amazing packaging(folds out into a reverse crucifix) limited to 666 copies from Ben Chasny and another dude from Comets On Fire.)

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis
Posted Image

#1307 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3427 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

I just ordered the After Dark 3xLP, can't wait till it arrives.

I ordered that too but heard the IDIB crew aren't the best with mail orders so I'm not holding my breath.

Picked this up two weekends ago and never told you guys!
Posted Image

Portishead - Third

its like a group of nerds just get together to self indulge their self, just like sound opinions message board.

#1308 narmada

narmada

Neophyte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Tall Dwarfs - 'Throw A Sickie' more NZ lo-fi genius

#1309 NewGrass

NewGrass

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

Tall Dwarfs - 'Throw A Sickie'

more NZ lo-fi genius

Chris Knox is amazing

Posted Image

#1310 narmada

narmada

Neophyte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

Chris Knox is amazing

yes, and his vinyl is becomingly increasingly hard to find

its awesome how he still attends most local gigs here in Auckland

#1311 HandBanana

HandBanana

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5760 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Did anyone hear anything about these being different recordings?
Cuz Im listening thru the first time and "Signal and Sign" is definitely different
[color="#FF0000"][size=3]I made some rock posters.
For the world.
That give worms to ex-girlfriends: [url="http://www.gigposter...tp://www.gigpos

#1312 HandBanana

HandBanana

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5760 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:59 PM

BTW, that one remains one of the 20 best records of this decade. A pox on your silly balls if you dont agree.
[color="#FF0000"][size=3]I made some rock posters.
For the world.
That give worms to ex-girlfriends: [url="http://www.gigposter...tp://www.gigpos

#1313 zippen

zippen

Neophyte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

the rain parade - emergency third rail power trip pink reason - winona 7" vivian girls 7"

#1314 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3427 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

This just came in the mail today. The bass sounds soooo good.

its like a group of nerds just get together to self indulge their self, just like sound opinions message board.

#1315 54cermak

54cermak

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3007 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

Some great pick ups at the Rock n Roll flea market in Cleveland this afternoon.

This one is simply revelatory:

Posted Image

A fantastic album that gets lost in the shuffle amid the hype over Gilded Palace of Sin and Sweetheart of the Rodeo:

Posted Image

A nice find:

Posted Image

Haven't listened to these yet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1316 Sid Hartha

Sid Hartha

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4401 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

Haven't listened to [this] yet:

Posted Image

Oh, you're in for a treat.

got this last week:
Posted Image

$5.99. 5-LP set. The cover is trashed, but the records are in great shape, aside from a brief, nasty scratch on side two. My interest in Jazz has has been mainly focused on the post-war and modern eras, so this is like discovering a strange, old world. The record itself was made in 1955 or so, at the dawn of modern recording, which makes the whole concept even further removed for some reason. The sides are assigned different themes, like "Backgrounds", "The Blues", "New Orleans", "Harlem" and so on. Great stuff.

#1317 narmada

narmada

Neophyte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

some more NZ/Flying Nun stuff: Black Girls Machine - 'Esoterror' NRA - 'Hold Onto Your Face' Straitjacket Fits - 'Bad Note For A Heart' EP Jean-Paul Sartre Experience' - 'The Size Of Food' hell yeah

#1318 NewGrass

NewGrass

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

Casper and the Cookies / Marbles - HHBTM Singles Club #2 7" (Clear) The Apples in Stereo - Electronic Projects For Musicians (Transparent Red) Oneida - Happy New Year

Posted Image

#1319 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3427 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image

Television - Marquee Moon

Posted Image

Cut Copy - In Ghost Colors

Posted Image

New Order - Thieves Like Us

#1320 plastic

plastic

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

Posted Image

Top: Harvey Milk - Special Wishes, Pocahaunted - Island Diamonds
Bottom: Jaga Jazzist - A Livingroom Hush, Deaf Center - Pale Ravine, Goldmund - The Malady of Elegance