542 replies to this topic

#101 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, huh, I found it really disappointing. I liked the first two tracks, and I expected the rest to be more of that balls out, shit kickin' noisy rock. But a lot of it just bored me. Too bad.

Anyways.

This year has been ridiculous. I feel like I've been hearing too much music. It's worth it, though.

1. King Khan & The Shrines - What Is?!
2. Earth - Hibernaculum
3. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
4. Warhammer 48k - An Ethereal Oracle
5. Earthless - Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky
6. Shellac - Excellent Italian Greyhound
7. Times New Viking - Present The Paisley Reich
8. Raccoo-oo-oon - Behold Secret Kingdom
9. Pink Reason - Cleaning The Mirror
10. Bill Callahan - Woke On a Whaleheart

Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb
Trans Am - Sex Change
The Black Lips - Los Valientes del Mundo Nuevo
Sapat - Mortise & Tenon
Mammatus - The Coast Explodes
Orthodox - Gran Poder
Shining - Grindstone
Boredoms - Super Roots 9 (so are we just going to vote for this in the albums poll or the reissues/misc poll? The concert is from 2004, after all. Eh...)
Melt-Banana - Dilemma
Neurosis - Given To The Rising
Weasel Walter Quartet - Revolt Music
RTX - Western Xterminator
Wolf Eyes - Black Wings Over Black Sand
Silver Daggers - New High & Ord
Year of No Light - Nord
Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond
Von Sόdenfed - Tromatic Reflexxions

Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#102 arkin

arkin

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

I actually like the Grinderman album, but that's just me.

#103 helmet52

helmet52

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1506 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

Great year so far. 1. Stars of the Lid 2. The Field 3. Battles 4. Pig Destroyer 5. Bjork 6. Warhammer 48k 7. Throbbing Gristle 8. Angelic Process 9. Deerhunter 10. Parts & Labor

#104 nagode

nagode

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

1.) LCD Soundsystem – Sounds of Silver 2.) The National – Boxer 3.) Spoon – Gagagaga 4.) Feist – The Reminder 5.) Klaxons – Myths of the Near Future 6.) Andrew Bird – Armchair Apocrypha 7.) Parts and Labor – Mapmaker 8.) Twilight Sad – Fourteen Albums, Fifteen Winters 9.) Arcade Fire – Neon Bible 10.) Battles – Mirrored
"If you're young and not liberal, you have no heart. If you're old and not conservative, you have no mind."

-Winston Churchill

Posted Image

#105 petras

petras

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:38 AM

I have no order Arcade Fire - Neon Bible Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity The National - Boxer CYHSY - Some Loud Thunder Sondre Lerche - Phantom Punch Laura Veirs - Saltbreakers Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? King Khan and the Shrines - What Is?! Wilco - Sky Blue Sky The Shins - Wincing the Night Away Honorable mention to Harlem Shakes - Burning Birthdays EP (would have made the list but it's an EP not an album) White Stripes - Icky Thump (would have made the list but leaks not allowed)
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."

#106 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

See my sig.
Every Sunday morning I wake up
I see you by your dresser doing your make-up
Fluttering a Chinese fan in a Knoxville fashion
All last night you tossed and turned
Your body was hotter than the night Richmond burned
You say you had a bad nightmare about tractor trailers crashing
- The Felice Brothers

#107 Nick

Nick

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6011 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

1. Deerhunter -- Cryptograms 2. The National -- Boxer 3. Frog Eyes -- Tears of the Valedictorian 4. The Good, The Bad & The Queen 5. LCD Soundsystem -- Sound of Silver

#108 Dr. X

Dr. X

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:46 PM

1. Ted Leo - Living with the Living 2. Silversun Pickups - Carnavas 3. Idlewild - Make Another World 4. Dinosaur Jr - Beyond 5. The Fratellis - Costello Music 6. Rush - Snakes and Arrows 7. !!! - Myth Takes 8 . LCD Soundsystem - Sounds of Silver 9. Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet 10. Bloc Party - Weekend in the City 11. Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank 12. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible 13. Fountains of Wayne - Traffic and Weather At this point anyways. Local H record, White Stripes, et all forthcoming records from cool bands make this list highly subject to change.. though the top 6 are likely to make at least my top 10 of the year.
____________________ - Witty Quote Here

#109 vurt

vurt

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1844 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

1. Pantha du Prince - This Bliss
2. King Khan and the Shrines - What Is?!
3. Lucky Soul - The Great Unwanted
4. Gabriel Ananda - Bambusbeats
5. Kalabrese - Rumpelzirkus

Spoon would/will probably take the 5th spot when it's released. Shut Up and Dance would be 3 or 4 if it was eligible.

#110 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

not including leaks (although there's only 1 or 2 that might change considering that) The National - Boxer Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver David Vandervelde - The Moonstation House Band Arcade Fire - Neon Bible Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond Wilco - Sky Blue Sky Feist - The Reminder Cloud Cult - The Meaning of 8 Bill Callahan - Woke On A Whaleheart lotta really GOOD albums this year so far, but i must say, it's not turning out as incredible as it seemed like from the sheer volume of new releases that i was interested in going into the year...

#111 caley

caley

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

1.Eluvium "Copia"
2.Rihanna "Good Girl Gone Bad"
3.Modest Mouse "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank"
4.Feist "The Reminder"
5.Explosions in the Sky - All of the Sudden I Miss Everyone
6.L.Pierre - Dip
7.Amandine - Solace in Sore Hands
8.Jesu - Conqueror
9.Crippled Black Phoenix - A Love of Shared Disasters
10.The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

"'I Love My Dad' is the only one that slightly annoys me, maybe because I never loved my dad."

-WavesWithin

Bob-s-Burgers-bobs-burgers-18293103-1280

#112 Plate

Plate

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

Dino Jr Of Montreal Handsome Furs Feist Panda Bear LCD Soundsystem Apples in Stereo Menomena Kalabrese Patrick Wolf The Dinosaur Jr is probably my favourite so far, but the rest aren't in order.
hey guys hows it goin

#113 MARDY FISH HEAD

MARDY FISH HEAD

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

Updated and unordered list:
  • Shining - Grindstone
  • Amandine - Solace in Sore Hands
  • Lusine - Podgelism
  • Audion - Mouth to Mouth Remixes
  • Thee, Stranded Horse - Churning Strides
  • Wiley - Playtime is Over
  • Dntel - Dumb Luck
  • The Sea and Cake - Everybody
  • Roll Deep - Rules and Regulations
  • Neurosis - Given to the Rising
Glad caley is digging the Amandine, and that Trans Am album Pavement has is good too...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#114 Saskadelphia

Saskadelphia

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6049 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

This year has been so insanely good. Jesu and Pig Destroyer are neck and neck. So this is sort of in order... Jesu - Conqueror Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb Patty Griffin - Children Running Through LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver Apostle of Hustle - National Anthem of Nowhere Clutch - From Beale Street to Oblivion Dalek - Abandoned Language Machine Head - The Blackening Caina - Mourner Rush - Snakes and Arrows
Posted Image
Posted Image

#115 Gluehead

Gluehead

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Arcade Fire - Neon Bible The Good, the Bad and the Queen Battles - Mirrored Panda Bear - Person Pitch Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity Frog Eyes - Tears of the Valedictorian The Field - From Here We Go Sublime Grinderman

#116 54cermak

54cermak

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3007 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

[*]The Sea and Cake - Everybody
[/list]Glad caley is digging the Amandine, and that Trans Am album Pavement has is good too...

I'm happy to see someone else digging this! Totally surprised me that they sounded this renewed and fresh 13 years after their debut and after 2 somewhat lackluster albums.

#117 throughsilver

throughsilver

What happened last night?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

Has anyone heard the new Tigersmilk (sp)?

Posted Image

#118 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

something like 1. Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond 2. The National - Boxer 3. Dizzee Rascal - Maths and English 4. LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver 5. Low - Drums and Guns 6. Arcade Fire - Neon Bible 7. A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Scribble Mural Comic Journal 8. Big Business - Here Come the Waterworks 9. Times New Viking - Present the Paisley Reich 10. Secret Mommy - Plays
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#119 Woodland Runner

Woodland Runner

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1153 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

Things i've really liked so far this year: Shapes and Sizes - Split Lips, Winning Hips, A Shiner ΅-Ziq - Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique Milieu - Of The Apple Bracken - We Know About The Need Menomena - Friend Or Foe Gareth S. Brown - Iron Henry Battles - Mirrored Radicalfashion - Odori Frog Eyes - Tears of the Valedictorian The Field - From Here We Go Sublime Fridge - The Sun Amon Tobin - Foley Room Still gotta hear in its entirety: Caribou - Andorra
I don't even get your t-shirts pun.

#120 Woodland Runner

Woodland Runner

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1153 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:19 PM

If the whole National album sounded like "Racing Like A Pro" it would be up there too.
I don't even get your t-shirts pun.