#16661 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:23 AM

I really should, shouldn't I?
But among the jackals, the panthers, the bitch hounds, The apes, the scorpions, the vultures, the serpents, The yelping, howling, growling, crawling monsters, In the filthy menagerie of our vices, There is one more ugly, more wicked, more filthy! Although he makes neither great gestures nor great cries, He would willingly make of the earth a shambles And, in a yawn, swallow the world; He is Ennui! — His eye watery as though with tears, He dreams of scaffolds as he smokes his hookah pipe. You know him reader, that refined monster, — Hypocritish reader, — my fellow, — my brother!

#16662 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:37 AM

Have you read Demian? The story and all that is fairly compelling, but the sentiments? HOOOOOO, the sentiments... that's your shit right there, Mr. Razor's Edge Loving Life Ponderer Guy.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#16663 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:41 AM

I'm buying that book. (I read the wiki on it and seems intriguing)
But among the jackals, the panthers, the bitch hounds, The apes, the scorpions, the vultures, the serpents, The yelping, howling, growling, crawling monsters, In the filthy menagerie of our vices, There is one more ugly, more wicked, more filthy! Although he makes neither great gestures nor great cries, He would willingly make of the earth a shambles And, in a yawn, swallow the world; He is Ennui! — His eye watery as though with tears, He dreams of scaffolds as he smokes his hookah pipe. You know him reader, that refined monster, — Hypocritish reader, — my fellow, — my brother!

#16664 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:38 AM

Next time Damo, walk her through the process--it's something everyone should know how to do.

There is no way she is going to take the sink apart.

Also, I don't trust her to do anything house related with competence.

The Gilded Plumber

Top Gear is a British show. The alternate spelling was a nod to that.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#16665 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:32 AM

The Gilded Plumber

Top Gear is a British show. The alternate spelling was a nod to that.

quality nodde.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#16666 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:00 AM

It is a quality programme despite the fact that I have no interest in cars and think that Clarkson is a massive prick.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#16667 feisty

feisty

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2627 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

I have health insurance and my own mug unique from all the other unique mugs in the office I AM NOW IN THE WORLD

#16668 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:19 AM

...my own mug unique from all the other unique mugs in the office I AM NOW IN THE WORLD

:lol:
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#16669 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8939 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

The shrill, screaming children in the pool outside have been at it for more than an hour and counting. Disgusting little animals. Not so little, though.

#16670 6ome 9irl

6ome 9irl

Freaky styley

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7584 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

The shrill, screaming children in the pool outside have been at it for more than an hour and counting.

Disgusting little animals. Not so little, though.

Haha. I will never understand comments like this. I guess I have a high tolerance for children and everything that comes with them.

You never had a crazy summer afternoon in the pool, happy and screaming?

#16671 fabulous muscles

fabulous muscles

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3764 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

Classic Homer.
No Homo.

#16672 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10085 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

The shrill, screaming children in the pool outside have been at it for more than an hour and counting.

Disgusting little animals. Not so little, though.

This is where Pig Destroyer or Vivaldi come in.

#16673 Rajexico

Rajexico

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

Anyone ever had appendicitis before? I have had this weird persistent stomach/intestinal pain for most of the afternoon. It's fairly painful, but not extreme. I did have too much caffeine today with not a lot of food, so at first I didn't think anything of it, but the duration is beginning to make me paranoid. I made an appointment with my doctor, but he's not available until tomorrow. I'm wondering if I need to do something about it before then.

In the future there is only drink and birds.

lastfm

#16674 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maξtre D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

no but i thought i had the same thing about a week ago. had really strong and lingering pains in my stomach and my side. i think i just strained an abdominal or something. are ya feverish?

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#16675 fffffffff

fffffffff

Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:33 PM

no but i thought i had the same thing about a week ago. had really strong and lingering pains in my stomach and my side.

ha, me too. for three days straight just this awful, dull pain bothering this one portion of my stomach, and a sharp pain here or there every now and then. its gone now though. so....

#16676 Rajexico

Rajexico

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:34 PM

no but i thought i had the same thing about a week ago. had really strong and lingering pains in my stomach and my side. i think i just strained an abdominal or something.

are ya feverish?

Not feverish, no tenderness, and the pain is sort of spread out in a band, not localized to one point... but if it's gas pain or something, man, it's a doozy.

In the future there is only drink and birds.

lastfm

#16677 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

Raj, How is your quest to eat every burger at Kumas going? Could there be a correlation here?
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#16678 stphone

stphone

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

Anyone ever had appendicitis before? I have had this weird persistent stomach/intestinal pain for most of the afternoon. It's fairly painful, but not extreme.

I did have too much caffeine today with not a lot of food, so at first I didn't think anything of it, but the duration is beginning to make me paranoid.

I made an appointment with my doctor, but he's not available until tomorrow. I'm wondering if I need to do something about it before then.

I had my appendix taken out last December, and yeah I'd advise getting it checked out asap. Especially if the pain continues. I didn't do that and I almost became the outcome to this thread. Scary stuff

#16679 held

held

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3549 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

every time I see someone on a cell phone in the stairwell or in the bathroom all I can figure is that it must be very personal but most likely they're looking for another job.
There is nothing more depressing than trying to appear happy when you are not."
- Nick Cave

#16680 feisty

feisty

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2627 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

I'm about to make a "cappuccino" in the Flavia machine. Wish me luck.