#18961 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

That's what I saw first.

Then I noticed all the pinkness on the left shelf. Looking again, I clearly spot Zaireeka.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#18962 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Six beers down, on my seventh. It times like this I prefer good ole Bud Light.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18963 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

Six beers down, on my seventh. It times like this I prefer good ole Bud Light.

Get 'em cold enough, they go down like water.

#18964 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:27 PM

Let's watch the closing scene from episode one of Freaks and Geeks...come sail away... Love, how, as a knowledgeable music fan you can see where this thing is heading...

#18965 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Show me the way to the next whiskey bar

#18966 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

I am the Japanese sandman

#18967 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

A gig at the House Of Blues tonight. Love it. No heavy lifting, just a shoulder bag with laptop, iPods and mixer and wireless mic case. No SUV, one trip from the parked car. Sweet. Then off to see The Cleveland Orchestra tomorrow for the first time this season. Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #3 and Handel's Music For Fireworks are the two main pieces.

#18968 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image

Hey, Simakos, are your Flaming Lips CDs on the fourth row down on the far left shelf?

I'm guessing they're stacked to the right of the middle shelf in the middle bay

good eye, paves...

Posted Image
this picture cuts off the other half of all of the Lips cds.

#18969 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

seeing the 6 threads that were started yesterday by Sausage, or whoever is using his account... remind me again why he is considered a "quality poster"? honestly, him and Madrox/Pink are seriously just a waste of fucking time. do they ever contribute anything worthwile to this place? how are they not worse than any other trolls we have? grow the fuck up, assholes.

#18970 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

There are plenty of far more unentertaining banes of existence on this board that clog it up and make it into something nearly unusable. Brainstorm, YSI trolls, clueless old people, etc. You're still hanging on, so good for you. Others are reacting and giving this place what it deserves. I happen to find it highly amusing.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#18971 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

we need more threads about poo and farts. very engaging stuff.

#18972 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

You're still hanging on, so good for you. Others are reacting and giving this place what it deserves. I happen to find it highly amusing.

paves, what does any of this mean?

please tell me "what this place deserves" and who decides that? what the hell are you talking about?

#18973 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:14 PM

The stench of hypocrisy is enough to make me gag.

#18974 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

In high school, or junior high, probably even elementary school, survival is key. If you try to hang with the people you think are cool, but the kids at the cool table start/continue to blow you shit, you're faced with a choice: Stand up for what you believe and take it the neck for the rest of your school days, or conform to the expectations of the cool kids and, if not win their approval, at least forestall the attacks on yourself. Risk social annihilation or survive. The same princile applies to most group dynamics. We never outlive high school, and the internet model of community reenforces our worst instincts. The sad thing is, the cool kids aren't really cool - they're too hopelessly hidebound to actually take risks. They play it safe and make safety glamorous. They lie, and get everyone else to endorse their lie so they don't ever have to change, or even chance changing. I wonder if any of that could ever apply here? Of course not - what was I thinking?

#18975 wakingrufus

wakingrufus

And then John was a Sombie

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2376 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

In high school, or junior high, probably even elementary school, survival is key.

If you try to hang with the people you think are cool, but the kids at the cool table start/continue to blow you shit, you're faced with a choice: Stand up for what you believe and take it the neck for the rest of your school days, or conform to the expectations of the cool kids and, if not win their approval, at least forestall the attacks on yourself. Risk social annihilation or survive.

The same princile applies to most group dynamics. We never outlive high school, and the internet model of community reenforces our worst instincts.

The sad thing is, the cool kids aren't really cool - they're too hopelessly hidebound to actually take risks. They play it safe and make safety glamorous. They lie, and get everyone else to endorse their lie so they don't ever have to change, or even chance changing.

I wonder if any of that could ever apply here?

Of course not - what was I thinking?

only since the eternal september
Last.fm: Posted Image

#18976 6ome 9irl

6ome 9irl

Freaky styley

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7584 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

You guys really have to stop with the bullshit high school psychology.

#18977 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:13 AM

What...no one liked my Alabama Song or Rang Tang Ding Dong (I Am The Japanese Sandman)?

#18978 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

seeing the 6 threads that were started yesterday by Sausage, or whoever is using his account... remind me again why he is considered a "quality poster"?

honestly, him and Madrox/Pink are seriously just a waste of fucking time. do they ever contribute anything worthwile to this place? how are they not worse than any other trolls we have?

grow the fuck up, assholes.

There are plenty of far more unentertaining banes of existence on this board that clog it up and make it into something nearly unusable. Brainstorm, YSI trolls, clueless old people, etc. You're still hanging on, so good for you. Others are reacting and giving this place what it deserves. I happen to find it highly amusing.

we need more threads about poo and farts.

very engaging stuff.

You're still hanging on, so good for you. Others are reacting and giving this place what it deserves. I happen to find it highly amusing.

paves, what does any of this mean?

please tell me "what this place deserves" and who decides that? what the hell are you talking about?

i'm still waiting for an intelligent response to these questions...

#18979 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:32 AM

It's baffling to me how socially conservative many people are. So worried about how they are looked at by their peers, they just end up moving through life in boring conformity. Sure, they may talk the talk of being an individual, but they are not. The supermarket where I shop sits on a very slight rise. Upon leaving with my groceries I always hop on the back rail of the cart and take a little ride into the lot and toward my car. Some people look at me...I could care less...I enjoy life on my terms.

#18980 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

You are a man among men, Rob. A Gulliver among Lilliputians. A cheese among curds. Or something.