Photo

Why shouldn't we bomb them back to the stone age?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

http://www.chicagotr...ll=chi-news-hed

Iraqi girl's horrific death
Teen's slaying at the hands of a mob highlights religious intolerance that pervades the nation

By Tina Susman
Tribune Newspapers
Published May 22, 2007

BAGHDAD ó The video is shaky, but the brutality is clear.

A slender, black-haired girl is dragged in a headlock through a braying mob of men. Within seconds, she is on the ground in a fetal position, covering her head in her arms in a futile attempt to fend off a shower of stones.
Someone slams a concrete block onto the back of her head. A river of blood oozes from beneath her long, tangled hair. The girl stops moving, but the kicks and the rocks keep coming, as do the victorious shouts of the men delivering them.

http://www.chicagotr...ll=chi-news-hed
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#2 throughsilver

throughsilver

What happened last night?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:24 AM

Err, you already did and that's the problem?

[edit] Probably should bomb these places too.

Posted Image

#3 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:26 AM

this had nothing to do with us- it had everything to do with the fact that she was in love with someone who was a different religion.
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#4 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:26 AM

why are there in the first place?

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#5 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

[edit] Probably should bomb these places too.

works for me- those fucking Canadians have had it coming for a while now...

#6 throughsilver

throughsilver

What happened last night?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

this had nothing to do with us-

George? Izzat you?

Posted Image

#7 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

George? Izzat you?

so you're saying a teenage iraqi girl was stoned to death because the U.S. is occupying Iraq?

#8 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

George? Izzat you?

so you're saying a teenage iraqi girl was stoned to death because the U.S. is occupying Iraq?

you do have to ask the question, would this have happened if Sadam were still in charge?

#9 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

George? Izzat you?

you do have to ask the question, would this have happened if Sadam were still in charge?

probably not, because one of the families would probably have been already wiped out.

#10 pong

pong

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9208 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:37 AM

Yeah: when you read what the people really are like in the ME: you realize how fucked up their society is. The economic/developmental aspects are possibly even more staggering and stagnate.

#11 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:41 AM

People do barbaric shit all over the place.

#12 Sid Hartha

Sid Hartha

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4402 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

Religion is awesome.

#13 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

middle east definitely needs a little more bombings

#14 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

On June 7, 1998, Byrd, 49, accepted a ride from Shawn Allen Berry, Lawrence Russel Brewer, and John William King. Instead of taking him home, however, the three men beat Byrd, tied him to their pickup truck with a chain, and dragged him about three miles. It is not known whether or not he was alive during the dragging. Although Lawrence Russell Brewer claimed that Byrd's throat had been slashed before he was dragged, forensic evidence suggests that Byrd had been attempting to keep his head up, and an autopsy suggested that Byrd was alive for much of the dragging and died only after his right arm and head were severed when his body hit a culvert.[2]

King, Berry, and Brewer dumped their victim's mutilated remains in the town's segregated black cemetery, and then went to a barbecue. [3]

State law enforcement officials and Jasperís District Attorney determined that since King and Brewer were well-known white supremacists, the murder was a hate crime, and decided to bring in the FBI less than 24 hours after the discovery of Byrdís brutalized remains. [4] One of Byrd's murderers, John King, had a tattoo depicting a black man hanging from a tree, and other tattoos such as Nazi symbols, the words "Aryan Pride," and the patch for the Confederate Knights of America, a gang of white supremacist inmates. [5] In a jailhouse letter to Brewer which was intercepted by jail officials, King expressed pride in the crime and said he realized he might have to die for committing it. "Regardless of the outcome of this, we have made history. Death before dishonor. Sieg Heil!", King wrote. [6]

Brewer and King were sentenced to death. Berry received life in prison.

Numerous aspects of the Byrd murder echo lynching traditions, including mutilation or decapitation, and revelry, such as a barbecue or a picnic, during or after.

should the US be bombed back into the stone age?

#15 elcorazon

elcorazon

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5647 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:56 AM

George? Izzat you?

probably not, because one of the families would probably have been already wiped out.

that's bullshit. anyway, a guy in my office is from Iraq - he still has family there. He told me this story.

A friend of theirs' father had passed away, and they were driving the body to Baghdad (I think) for the funeral/burial. On the way, their car was stopped by thugs who informed them they needed one more head to meet their quota. There were 2 people in the car and they wanted to know which one was going to provide the head. They tried to plead with the thugs, to no avail, but ultimately they convinced them to take the head of the guy's father, who was already dead. Regardless, this stuff wasn't happening under Saddam. I'm not saying it was all fun and games when Saddam was in charge, but to claim that this is preferable is laughable.
Sail Away: The Songs of Randy Newman -7.5/10
Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis 8.5/10
Buddy & Julie Miller - Written in Chalk wow, first listen, but great great record! 9.3/10
Justin Townes Earle - Midnight at the Moviessurprisingly great, never picked up his past releases, but this one's knocking my socks off right away, 8.7/10
M. Ward - Hold Time 8.0/10
Neko Case -Middle Cyclone her best I've heard is my initial impression, but too soon to rate, haven't had a really good listen yet 7.8/10

#16 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20699 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

How about, in answer to thread question, because that would makes us no better than the worst of them.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#17 Artem

Artem

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4603 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

with saddam, you had his political murders and people had their mob murders. without saddam, you just don't have saddam's sanctioned political murders, but mob murders are still there. so it doesn't really matter all that much.

#18 Chronodiggity

Chronodiggity

THE PRINCE OF THE SOMB

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:04 AM

Because no one should care what the backwards fundamentalist Muslims of the world are doing to each other.
^_^

#19 theremin

theremin

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6377 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

should the US be bombed back into the stone age?

Here's an important distinction to make:

Brewer and King were sentenced to death. Berry received life in prison.

And, what happened to the killers in Iraq?

#20 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20699 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

Because no one should care what the backwards fundamentalist Muslims of the world are doing to each other.

Yeah fuck brown people, who cares about Dafur either.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.