Photo

Guess who's going to be on Check Please?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Binko

Binko

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2272 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

If you guessed me, you're right! :) July 9th taping.

#2 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

Congrats! Are you allowed to talk about what place you'll be pimping?
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#3 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:24 PM

Really?! Coo-ell! Big fan, big fan...since crushes came up earlier I had a thing for that Amanda Puck, grrrrr, but Alpana not so much. I'm going to go out on a limb & say you're taking WTTW-land to some wondrous BBQ joint! Can't wait!
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#4 Binko

Binko

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2272 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:25 PM

I've looked at all the stuff they've sent me, and I don't see anything against the rules. I'm pimping Xni-Pec, a Yucatecan joint in Cicero. I'm kinda nervous. I've been on TV before, but not like this. Alpana better ply me with a lot of wine.

#5 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:26 PM

I hope it 's someplace with a mid-price range. It annoys me whenever they review some place that sounds totally awesome, then Alpana chimes in during the wrapup portion that the average tab comes to $30 a person or more. <_< Hey Binko, do they recompense you for the visits to the restaurants?

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#6 Binko

Binko

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2272 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:27 PM

I hope it 's someplace with a mid-price range. It annoys me whenever they review some place that sounds totally awesome, then Alpana chimes in during the wrapup portion that the average tab comes to $30 a person or more.

Don't worry. This place is very affordable.

#7 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:27 PM

Congrats. Better you than me. If Alpana plied me with wine the results would be embarassing. :wacko:

#8 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

Excellent. A friend of ours was on a few years ago...he said it was a really good time.

#9 Binko

Binko

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2272 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

Excellent. A friend of ours was on a few years ago...he said it was a really good time.

Frankly, I'm completely shocked they picked me. I just entered a restaurant I love on a lark in April, they called in May, asked for me my schedule in June, and I tape in July. Supposedly, they get something like 15,000 submissions, and 36 get picked. I just hope they edit it enough so I don't look like an idiot.

#10 Jenny Penny

Jenny Penny

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

I'm pimping Xni-Pec, a Yucatecan joint in Cicero.

Hey! Spoiler alert, pls.

Congrats -- I put two-and-two together and I realized I read a lot of yr posts on the LTH Forum. I've tried nominating one of my pals for "Check, Please" before, but I've heard the "waiting list" is in the thousands and thousands.

#11 fffffffff

fffffffff

Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:32 PM

cool! let us know when it airs, too! my friend was interviewed to be on it for a thai place named cozy but not picked. booo.

#12 sin city

sin city

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

I've looked at all the stuff they've sent me, and I don't see anything against the rules. I'm pimping Xni-Pec, a Yucatecan joint in Cicero. I'm kinda nervous. I've been on TV before, but not like this. Alpana better ply me with a lot of wine.

my parents have been pimping that place up for a while- they go with my aunt and uncle (the ones who own Freddy's, also in Cicero, also featured on Check, Please!).

hopefully you go last so if one of the other critics slams your place you can slam theirs...
"even boarding in non-signature-view mode i feel your lists of concerts (no one cares) last.fm bullshit (ditto) and oversized .jpgs (srsly fuck off) may distract from my superior posts."

#13 Binko

Binko

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2272 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

Hey! Spoiler alert, pls.

Congrats -- I put two-and-two together and I realized I read a lot of yr posts on the LTH Forum. I've tried nominating one of my pals for "Check, Please" before, but I've heard the "waiting list" is in the thousands and thousands.

Yeah, I post on LTH. I'm quite the amateur compared to the hard-core foodies on that website.

#14 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:34 PM

well done bud!

#15 typical pickle conflicts

typical pickle conflicts

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:37 PM

so awesome
Posted Image

#16 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Hey! Spoiler alert, pls.

Yeah, I post on LTH. I'm quite the amateur compared to the hard-core foodies on that website.

Hahahaha...

I figured that one out a while ago. I never post on there, but read quite a bit.

#17 Jenny Penny

Jenny Penny

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

Hey! Spoiler alert, pls.

Hahahaha...

I figured that one out a while ago. I never post on there, but read quite a bit.

Yah, I'm not a poster either -- just a lurker.
It's torture to read during your lunch-hour, and there's that frozen moment time when you realize at the end of your fork is ... a Lean Cuisine entree. :/

#18 bleach

bleach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

ha, this is a perfect match. like if biggie was picked for some nba show or sg for, i don't know, any show etc related.
We go 0 to Dennehy in three seconds or less.

#19 Binko

Binko

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2272 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:49 PM

my parents have been pimping that place up for a while- they go with my aunt and uncle (the ones who own Freddy's, also in Cicero, also featured on Check, Please!).

hopefully you go last so if one of the other critics slams your place you can slam theirs...

I've been meaning to go to Freddy's for the longest time. I'm sort of ashamed I haven't been there yet. Yeah, definitely check out Xni-Pec. I will say, though, that they do occasionally have their off day. Even on their off days, they're quite good, but I have certainly noticed that it ranges from merely very good to sublime.

#20 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

cheers! i'm jealous and stuff.