Posted Image

#62 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

Fat people need to get off their asses, myself included.

I'm out of shape, and it's 100% my fault. Dunno why that's so hard to admit.

#63 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:18 PM

or just, you know, live your life in a way that makes your happy... or whatever

Absolutely. But a lot of people want it both ways. Gonna live the life the way that makes me happy, but don't make any judgments about me based on how I look.
(glorified) lurker

#64 54cermak

54cermak

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3007 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

or just, you know, live your life in a way that makes your happy... or whatever

But then people couldn't be assholes on the internetz and what fun would that be?

#65 boobs

boobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkRhFh8pq0

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10251 posts

i haven't seen anyone here claim that they are fat bcuz of their genes or whatever i think i just have an issue w/ judgemental condescension about how people spend their time. life is short, if ppl don't want to spend that time on a treadmill like gerbils i'm not about to judge them for it at least not any more than i judge ppl for spending too much time playing video games or posting on message boards
The one who put the satin on your panties.

#66 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

How far do you people walk most days. There were a couple of Texans over at our office last week and they thought that me walking for thirty minutes to and from work was some kind of madness. It's the only thing that keeps my BMI under 25 at this time of year though.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#67 boobs

boobs

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10251 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

How far do you people walk most days. There were a couple of Texans over at our office last week and they thought that me walking for thirty minutes to and from work was some kind of madness. It's the only thing that keeps my BMI under 25 at this time of year though.

if that was all it took to keep my bmi under 25 i would be the healthiest dude on the planet right now

my bmi is just under 25 and i spent most of the summer running about 3 mi. a day

#68 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:22 PM

i think i just have an issue w/ judgemental condescension about how people spend their time. life is short, if ppl don't want to spend that time on a treadmill like gerbils i'm not about to judge them for it

I really don't get the 'have to go to gym to stay fit' ethos, I never go because I associate it as a place for quite frankly vain arseholes. I'd much rather go swimming, play football or cycle. I'd only use a gym if I was trying to 'look good' not stay fit.

#69 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

if that was all it took to keep my bmi under 25 i would be the healthiest dude on the planet right now

my bmi is just under 25 and i spent most of the summer running about 3 mi. a day

The time of year bit was important, the cricket season has just finished and I won't start swimming in it's place until October. Basically September is a lazy month for me.

#70 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:26 PM

There were a couple of Texans over at our office last week and they thought that me walking for thirty minutes to and from work was some kind of madness.

Everyone drives everywhere in Texas (slight exaggeration), and most everywhere in this country for that matter. The whole urban bike/mass transit culture in cities like Chicago is definitely a small minority of the nation as a whole. I'm as guilty as anyone.

#71 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

Gonna live the life the way that makes me happy, but don't make any judgments about me based on how I look.

Hold on now. You want it both ways too.

If people out of shape are lazy; then I have the right to judge that person as a lazy ass. Same as I am going to judge you if you show up to my office in a dirty pair of shoes, unshaven and looking like a bum.

People are going to judge you based on your outward appearance. It's only natural. And you should care about what you project to others.

Saying you have a great personality and kind heart under the cheap apparel and beer belly isn't going to change my mind on a superficial level. That too speaks volumes about the kind of person you are as well.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#72 Midnite_Vulture

Midnite_Vulture

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1795 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand, or so I have read.

MV's blog: http://h-b-e.blogspot.com

MV's other blog about every mixtape he's ever made: http://mixedreaction.blogspot.com

"Our clique is the world. The world is our clique"

#73 Complain

Complain

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

I love how any time I disagree with SG I'm accused of "stalking". :rolleyes: Yeah, because none of you people have anyone here you disagree with frequently. What a crock. I'm not even getting into the whole appearance vs personality thing. Some of you get it, some don't. Some of you will later on. And re SG's original post: sorry if I knee jerk reacted. Sarcasm is hard to read sometimes on this here internet, especially for us old guys. Contrary to what some seem to think, I don't sit here waiting for your posts so I can pounce.

All my life i wanted to be black.
Until i saw your picture, now i wanna be you.

http://www.myspace.com/hipbyproxy

#74 dice

dice

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

i'm guessing brad pitt does not have a great body purely due to work ethic. genetics play a large part in anybody's body type. there are people with six pack abs who simply don't work out much, just as there are a large % of obese individuals who don't eat tremendously more than the average person obviously someone who is overweight can lose weight if they try hardER. but they also may very well already be making more of an effort than someone thinner than themselves meg white: we'd all take notice if she was an everyday person walking down the street. but it's just the boobs
http://www.kiva.org

make a difference
99% repayment!

#75 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

there are people with six pack abs who simply don't work out much just as there are a large % of obese individuals who don't eat tremendously more than the average person

Holla at ridiculous, unsupported apologist claims.

#76 dice

dice

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:53 PM

there are people with six pack abs who simply don't work out much just as there are a large % of obese individuals who don't eat tremendously more than the average person

are you being serious?

there are large people out there that there's NO WAY i could get as big as unless i made a serious and unpleasurable effort
http://www.kiva.org

make a difference
99% repayment!

#77 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

are you being serious?

Are you being serious? There are people with six pack abs who simply don't work out much? Name one.

#78 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Gonna live the life the way that makes me happy, but don't make any judgments about me based on how I look.

If people out of shape are lazy; then I have the right to judge that person as a lazy ass. Same as I am going to judge you if you show up to my office in a dirty pair of shoes, unshaven and looking like a bum.

People are going to judge you based on your outward appearance. It's only natural. And you should care about what you project to others.

Saying you have a great personality and kind heart under the cheap apparel and beer belly isn't going to change my mind on a superficial level. That too speaks volumes about the kind of person you are as well.

We are arguing the exact same point. I was using that as an example of a prevelant mindset that I disagree with.

I'm in Court probably 3-4 days a week. Shined shoes. Starched shirts. Well tailored suits. Cufflinks. Pocket squares. That shit matters a lot in my line of work. Judges respect attorneys who dress well and carry themselves with confidence. And our clients do too. There is not doubt that this phenomenon exists in almost every other walk of life as well. Superficial? Maybe. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen and that it doesn't have a huge impact.

I slipped a bit this summer. Suits are too snug. That shit has to change.
(glorified) lurker

#79 boobs

boobs

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10251 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:55 PM

you can't seriously believe that laziness is only a quality of the tubby gentlemen.

nor that all fatteys are 'lazy' per se. Its a matter of managing priorities, and to some a little bit of flab is not as important as having a recording career.

missy elliott (while a fattey) >>> you

for example

I DO think physical fitness should be, for myself, a significant priority, which was not always the case. But I don't judge others who have yet to make that determination, esp. based on visual evidence which is suspect at best.

#80 54cermak

54cermak

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3007 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

are you being serious?

there are large people out there that there's NO WAY i could get as big as unless i made a serious and unpleasurable effort

Yancy's right on the six pack abs part. You have to work to get your body to look like that.