#1 BobtheSquid

BobtheSquid

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:05 AM

Malibu Fires Hit Home of Butch Walker

Butch Walker and his family have fallen victim to the wildfires spread by the Santa Ana winds across Malibu, CA. On November 24th a family friend was forced to evacuate the singer, songwriter and producer's Malibu home, which was being rented from Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist Flea, due to the rapidly spreading fire. Walker was in New York City at the time on tour.

Says Walker "I had just consolidated my entire recording studio and house from Atlanta into the one house In Malibu. I lost everything I've ever owned. Every master of every song I've ever recorded, every piece of recording equipment, guitars, drums and things I've collected over the years, cars, motorcycles, every family memorial, heirloom, picture, and document we ever had.... Gone. I feel like I finally know the difference between 'going back' and 'going home'."

Walker and his family request privacy during this painful time. For any questions please contact Crush Management 212-334-4446.

#2 Seamus

Seamus

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5301 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

Whoa.

#3 BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

all sorts of chill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5776 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:25 AM

that sucks for him should've stayed in atlanta better get to work on that next avril album..

#4 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:43 AM

Someone hold Yancy.

#5 mouthbreather

mouthbreather

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6640 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:49 AM

Someone hold Yancy.

I was thinking the same thing.

#6 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:50 AM

Jesus fuck.

#7 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:26 PM

I post this not because anyone here gives a crap about Butch Walker, but because of the hilarious mental image conjured by the last sentence.

Over the weekend, Flea said in a text message obtained by the Los Angeles Times that his $4.8 million home in Corral Canyon was "burnt to a crisp" by the fires on Saturday morning. According to TMZ.com, a second, $10 million Malibu home owned by Flea — the one in which he currently resides — did not burn. The one that did was a house that the bassist had been renting — most recently to Walker — and currently has up for sale, the site reports.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose also had a close call when the fires burned his roof and singed some of his property. According to a report on KCAL-TV, Rose's assistant said the rocker "was with the hose everywhere" on his property, fighting to save his home.

Probably the most awesome thing Axl has done in the last decade. I can't stop imagining him standing on his roof, in full early '90s stage attire, waving around a giant phallic firehose, and blowing back the flames with his trademark scream.

#8 tweed

tweed

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

I don't know Butch Walker's music at all but this pains me. I can think of very few things more devastating than losing a lifetime of recorded material. His mind must be reeling with thoughts of the stuff that got away that he'll never be able to recreate. Sad.
Twilight Revival
Friday, March 13th - Thornwood Lounge (Wood Dale,IL)
Tuesday, April 21 - Abbey Pub (Chicago, IL)

Web Site I MySpace

#9 DrJimmy

DrJimmy

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6912 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:00 PM

Someone hold Yancy.

I was thinking the same thing.

I was wondering if there was room on Yancy's couch.

#10 Mantana

Mantana

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1950 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

Where were you people when Question Mark's home was destroyed by fire (burned?) last year?

http://www.guthriede...m?article=10823

#11 dirty hippie

dirty hippie

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2486 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:06 PM

I post this not because anyone here gives a crap about Butch Walker, but because of the hilarious mental image conjured by the last sentence.

Over the weekend, Flea said in a text message obtained by the Los Angeles Times that his $4.8 million home in Corral Canyon was "burnt to a crisp" by the fires on Saturday morning. According to TMZ.com, a second, $10 million Malibu home owned by Flea — the one in which he currently resides — did not burn. The one that did was a house that the bassist had been renting — most recently to Walker — and currently has up for sale, the site reports.

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose also had a close call when the fires burned his roof and singed some of his property. According to a report on KCAL-TV, Rose's assistant said the rocker "was with the hose everywhere" on his property, fighting to save his home.

Probably the most awesome thing Axl has done in the last decade. I can't stop imagining him standing on his roof, in full early '90s stage attire, waving around a giant phallic firehose, and blowing back the flames with his trademark scream.

make that two of us.

#12 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 07:20 PM

Malibu Fires Hit Home of Butch Walker

Says Walker "I had just consolidated my entire recording studio and house from Atlanta into the one house In Malibu. I lost everything I've ever owned. Every master of every song I've ever recorded...

Maybe he should talk to Rivers Cuomo for some advice

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...uiMtqHOg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>