973 replies to this topic

#161 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

If I'm wasting my time downloading all of these individually to later upload as grouped files, I'm gonna be pissed.
But among the jackals, the panthers, the bitch hounds, The apes, the scorpions, the vultures, the serpents, The yelping, howling, growling, crawling monsters, In the filthy menagerie of our vices, There is one more ugly, more wicked, more filthy! Although he makes neither great gestures nor great cries, He would willingly make of the earth a shambles And, in a yawn, swallow the world; He is Ennui! — His eye watery as though with tears, He dreams of scaffolds as he smokes his hookah pipe. You know him reader, that refined monster, — Hypocritish reader, — my fellow, — my brother!

#162 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

That Dan Deacon song is so awful.

#163 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:29 PM

If I'm wasting my time downloading all of these individually to later upload as grouped files, I'm gonna be pissed.

I personally won't be putting them all together.

#164 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

Slacker.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#165 Duff.

Duff.

I'm a monsta, I'm a killa.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5890 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:30 PM

rihanna is so, so fucking hot

Posted Image

Fuck yeah.

No, it'll be stupid, and we're already doing something stupid.
murderfbanner.gif

#166 red

red

bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9490 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:32 PM

I really do not understand Chromeo lol. red, yancy... pls2explain?

yeah, i'd like to know too #1?

What?! The song is hot. Either you get it or you're no fun.

I'm sure we'll go through this all over again when you guys realize how high the album placed on our other lists. Now shut up and dance!

Red is right

#167 RoBKoZ

RoBKoZ

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:33 PM

yeah, i couldn't even get thru the whole thing...

...chromeo just brings a smile to my face

#168 Bobzilla

Bobzilla

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1745 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:36 PM

Deerhunter – Fluorescent Gray - EP

Ranked Highest By: Bobzilla (#1)

It's Fluorescent Grey, dammit.

I listened to this 3x on an airplane yesterday. I made the right call.
Last
=====================================================================
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man

#169 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:41 PM

Babababababababababa…..

#68.

Posted Image

1990s – See You At The Lights / Super Legal (feat. Lovefoxxx) / Diabo

US Chart Position
: n/a

UK Chart Position: #106

musicOMH.com Review: "There's a hairy moment near the start of the 1990s' new single See You at the Lights. It's when Jackie says "Hey" in that Americanised rock 'n' roll style and you dread the fake dissolution of myriad industry heroes. Thank God then that 1990s turn out to be more of the magic pop ilk of The Little Ones than the payola pop of Razorlight.

See You at the Lights bounces out of the stereo like Supergrass if they still had legs, all ebullient abstract dah dah dahing and lunar guitar nudging you towards the stars with wide smiles. It's an untainted new wave magic that brings its own poignancy, and when sultry, sensual Brazilian goddess Lovefoxxx of CSS augments the B-side with quintessentially cool giggling the effect is sealed.

Smart and razor-sharp, 1990s have a humble craft to die for. All pretension is left at the door and the night is danced away. Fantastic."

Ranked Highest By: no magnets, MitchellStirling (#2)

Can Be Most Easily Found On: Cookies

#170 Duff.

Duff.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5890 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:41 PM

Thought you guys were crazy for like the first minute and a half.

Then the "vocals" happened.

murderfbanner.gif

#171 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

Anyone who voted for Mika can go fuck themselves.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#172 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

I personally won't be putting them all together.

Alright, then I'll continue and put them into archives for uploading (groups of 10 or 25 probably)
But among the jackals, the panthers, the bitch hounds, The apes, the scorpions, the vultures, the serpents, The yelping, howling, growling, crawling monsters, In the filthy menagerie of our vices, There is one more ugly, more wicked, more filthy! Although he makes neither great gestures nor great cries, He would willingly make of the earth a shambles And, in a yawn, swallow the world; He is Ennui! — His eye watery as though with tears, He dreams of scaffolds as he smokes his hookah pipe. You know him reader, that refined monster, — Hypocritish reader, — my fellow, — my brother!

#173 red

red

bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9490 posts

I guess I'm gonna need some batteries tonight.

Red is right

#174 killerparties

killerparties

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1876 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:43 PM

You all are silly, that song is so much fun.
Posted Image

#175 Duff.

Duff.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5890 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:47 PM

Either you get it or you're no fun.

Nothing I didn't already know about myself.

murderfbanner.gif

#176 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

'Cause Flesh Is Flesh, Flesh As Flesh As Flesh

#67.

Posted Image

Peter, Bjorn and John – Objects Of My Affection

US Chart Position

UK Chart Position: n/a

Pitchfork Review: "Morén's "Objects of My Affection" combines the dramatic flair of an uncharacteristically upbeat Morrissey with the nasal vocals and ringing acoustic guitars of a post-Loveless "Like a Rolling Stone"."

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Singles Lists: "Young Folks (#18 of 2006)

Ranked Highest By: solace (#8)

Can Be Most Easily Found On: Writer's Block

#177 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

holy crap, i am digging the Cribs!
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#178 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

Slacker.

awesome post/name combo
:)
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#179 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

My Style Is Ridi-di-diculous-ulous-ulous

#66.

Posted Image

Timbaland – Give It To Me (feat. Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake)

US Chart Position
: #1

UK Chart Position: #1

Pitchfork Review: "Hip-hop's unchallenged pop auteur, ŕ la Brian Eno, Timbaland has parlayed his subtle experiments in bottom-heavy orientalism into that rara avis: commercial success and critical acclaim. Leaked from his second proper solo album (absent Magoo, that is), "Give It To Me" exhibits a talent immune to formula, a miracle of bankable avant-gardism. The opening verse sustains Nelly Furtado's rebirth as a sexpot, flowing from a moment of opacity ("Amnesty International got bankrupt") toward a moment of self-consciousness ("You love my ass and my abs and the video called 'Promiscuous'").

Fulcrum that he is, Timb takes the middle verse, building a mountain of serene, nothing-to-prove braggadocio that transcends Billboard rankings: "Your song gonna top the charts, I heard 'em, I'm not a fan-n-n-n-n." The beat on this track alone-- another stuttering, spectral, densely layered marvel-- certifies this unyielding faith in his aesthetic. Where the sliced-and-diced syllables of "Stay Fly" were stylistic flourishes, here they're utilitarian, reshaping lines in the mold of the wheeling, serpentine melody. On cue, Justin Timberlake shimmers in for the farewell verse, distilling the essence of "Give It To Me", with its preening vanity and halting carnal rhythms, into one question: "Now if se-sexy never left, then why's everybody on my shit-it-it?"" 5/5

Ranked Highest By: MattDrufke (#4)

Can Be Most Easily Found On: Shock Value

#180 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:02 PM

#65.

Posted Image

Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová – Falling Slowly

US Chart Position

UK Chart Position: n/a

mxdwn.com Review: "Most soundtracks are scored to solely accompany an existing story. The songs penned for John Carney's film Once are the backbone and emotional soul of the movie. The film's stars and resident songwriters, The Frames' lead singer Glen Hansard and Czech musician Marketa Irglova, tell a tale of two wayward spirits adrift in misery over prior relationships.

When the two characters meet they instantly establish an effortless connection and chemistry through their musical talents. On "Falling Slowly" the words build in passion, starting as a tragic murmur ("I don't know you / but I want you") then swelling into a heartwarming refrain ("Take this sinking boat / and point it home / we've still got time / raise your hopeful voice / you have a choice / you've made it now") over plucked guitar and piano. "

Ranked Highest By: elcorazon (#3)

Can Be Most Easily Found On: Once