• Please log in to reply
1505 replies to this topic

#1061 NewGrass

NewGrass

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:52 AM

I haven't even talked about my music taste with you. I commented on the list. I didn't even talk about my list. You have no real idea what I listen to.
aleyna> i just scare off hipsters by putting my cigarette out in their eyes
aleyna> that teaches them not to get in my way.

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis
Posted Image
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Efourman

#1062 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

hey, guess who didn't keep up on this shit in real time and is pissed about it. me. overall, I really liked the list from maybe 30 to Panda Bear, great job paul, great job to everyone who voted for the albums I like and great job to new grass. I haven't read what this fight is about but you sir, are poop.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8689o

#1063 UselessRocker

UselessRocker

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3849 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

Posted Image

I call this "Montana meets James Murphy".
"LETS GET SOME FUCKING ENERGY UP IN THIS BITCH MOTHERFUCKERS! You are not resigned to a fate of slow, painful death. The world is not as Radiohead and Portishead see it. "Oh the suffering! Oh the suffering, I feel the weight of the world and all it's pain" FUCK YOU......Be the grizzly, tear some shit up, rather than tearing yourself up." -- Montana, 12/21/08

#1064 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:54 AM

Posted Image
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#1065 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:55 AM

is chronos awake? what the fuck, how did you spend all that time thinking RSL wouldnt make it? besnard lakes in the top 35 was good for me, the field at 20 was cool, I really need to hear acouple of these shoegaze-ambient metal albums, fuck. good year when you look back at it.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

#1066 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

I haven't even talked about my music taste with you. I commented on the list. I didn't even talk about my list. You have no real idea what I listen to.

post/sig combo
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#1067 b*derty

b*derty

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

Posted Image

oh hero, i heart you

Posted Image

#1068 without_opinion

without_opinion

Minister of Health

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5575 posts

reading most of this thread pretty much sucked. somb, great list, good votes. paul, fantastic job getting this kicked out in one day. undo & nick, great blurbs. slackmo, i wish everyone who commented during the countdown showed the same humor & restraint as you do. montana, thanks for waiting til the show was mostly over.
Music Is My Girlfriend (click for playlists) -- my brother's weekly radio show (new time!), Mondays, 2pm CST, out of Crested Butte, CO. Hear it at KBUT fm online

#1069 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20698 posts

Actually, I think the board could do with more posters who spend twice as much time talking about what records they hate.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#1070 b*derty

b*derty

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:58 AM

Actually, I think the board could do with more posters who spend twice as much time talking about what records they hate.

don't like this:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1071 NewGrass

NewGrass

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:59 AM

I haven't said anything about hating a record either.
aleyna> i just scare off hipsters by putting my cigarette out in their eyes
aleyna> that teaches them not to get in my way.

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis
Posted Image
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Efourman

#1072 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:01 AM

B*Derty that is not what New Grass's name is a reference too...silly you.
Posted Image

#1073 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

hey, The National at #3
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#1074 typical pickle conflicts

typical pickle conflicts

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

how do you people let yourself get trolled so hard??
Posted Image

#1075 typical pickle conflicts

typical pickle conflicts

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:03 AM

why does anyone dislike that patrick wolf album cover other than it is ridiculously fruity, I love it. the mika cover is cool too
Posted Image

#1076 b*derty

b*derty

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

B*Derty
that is not what New Grass's name is a reference too...silly you.

?

oh, thats who we're talking to. i just wanted to mention that album since i was listening to it today.

Posted Image

#1077 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20698 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:05 AM

I haven't said anything about hating a record either.

You're quite the barrel of stardust and kittens though.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#1078 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:05 AM

Pterodactyl should have placed somewhere around 12. Wait seriously, paves, check them out. I should probibly listen to burial now or something...josh ritter too.

#1079 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

I should probibly listen to burial now or something...josh ritter too.

Get on that!

But remembering your list from this year, I think you will absolutely adore both, but you might dig Burial more. Plus, this snowy weather is Burial weather.
Posted Image

#1080 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:10 AM

Authorities are trying to extradite MitchellStirling on charges that he murdered the English language.

I can't decide if the run-on sentences were ironic. :unsure:
The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden ***** Anthony B, Independent, March 16 Black Mountain, Rickshaw Stop, March 20 Earthless, Wooden Shjips, Cafe du Nord, March 28 Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, Great American Music Hall, April 19 Opeth, Enslaved, Regency Grand Ballroom, May 14 Sun Kil Moon, Great American Music Hall, May 29