1505 replies to this topic

#1161 killerparties

killerparties

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:54 PM

Killerpanties is right. This thread needs more talent, originality and innovation. Here's a couple clips from Of Montreals new work:

You sassy bugger.

Montana hates it when people mess with the Floyd.

Have you ever seen them interviewed? It's like watching Spinal Tap, but it's not funny on purpose.
Posted Image

#1162 BobtheSquid

BobtheSquid

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

did boxer have the most #1 votes of any album on the poll (w/ 11)? it had at least twice as many as Ga5, Rainbows or SOS.

Spoon and Radiohead had six No. 1 votes, LCD Soundsystem had 9. So no, The Boxer didn't have "at least twice as many" as any of those albums.

#1163 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

I hope NewGrass tells me about this highly obscure In Rainbows shit he had at #2 so that I may enjoy highly obscure non-indie rock too

anyway good list except Excellent Italian Greyhound was too high

you're dumb.

That's the intelligent debate the SOMB has been missing.

it's because I refuse to answer to stupid trolling.

what is this highly obscure, barely acknowledged "Godspeed You Black Emperor" you seem to enjoy?

is it anything like the Shins?
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#1164 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

Whoa! Neutral Milk Hotel! I hear they're indietastic, LOL

Elastico, I had Excellent Italian Greyhound at like, number seven or something. Isn't that fucking swell?
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#1165 killerparties

killerparties

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

what is this highly obscure, barely acknowledged "Godspeed You Black Emperor" you seem to enjoy?

is it anything like the Shins?

It's like M. Ward meets The Decemberists.
Posted Image

#1166 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

Elastico, I had Excellent Italian Greyhound at like, number seven or something. Isn't that fucking swell?

terrible album

if you factor in the seven-year wait it's one of the worst albums of all time
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#1167 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

Ha, ha, you losers.

GYBE = Kid A + Yoshimi

REAL EXPER'MEN'AL-LIKE!!!
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

#1168 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:19 PM

terrible album

if you factor in the seven-year wait it's one of the worst albums of all time

Some day you will realize that an album this disappointing can't possibly be anything less than completely fucking awesome.
Posted Image

#1169 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:20 PM

Ha, ha, you losers.

GYBE = Kid A + Yoshimi

who the fuck is Kid A

#1170 plastic

plastic

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Nice list - and great job Paul, I can't imagine all the hard work you've put into this.

Personally, I'm just thrilled how close my #1 was to making the list - Sunburned Hand of the Man at #118. Pretty fuckin' good considering how few votes it actually received. The weighting system seems to be working quite well.

Oh, also, New Grass - kindly fuck off, sir. Teenage pretension is the last thing the SOMB needs. It's a list compiled from 177 individual lists, what else would you expect?

#1171 killerparties

killerparties

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1876 posts

Ha, ha, you losers.

GYBE = Kid A + Yoshimi

Kid A is just noise doncha know.
Posted Image

#1172 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:25 PM

Totally. I mean, I thought "indie rock" couldn't push the boundaries any further.

And then I heard the Postal Service... zomg.
Posted Image

#1173 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

I used to hate music without guitars until "Mates of State" showed me a whole new world

#1174 killerparties

killerparties

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

Wait until you check out this new band...Interpol. They're life-changing. I went out and bought a ton of coke after I heard this stuff.
Posted Image

#1175 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

Guys, I was in Borders a few weeks ago and I overheard one of the girls working there say something about a "Andrew Bird/Sufjan/Decemberists hybird" and then I ripped off all of her clothes and threw up all over her sopping wet vagina.
Posted Image

#1176 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

Wait until you check out this new band...Interpol.

They're life-changing. I went out and bought a ton of coke after I heard this stuff.

they just rip off Tool

#1177 worrywort

worrywort

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3898 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:31 PM

Wait until you check out this new band...Interpol.

They're life-changing. I went out and bought a ton of coke after I heard this stuff.

snort it off the jewel case!

one more advantage over digipacks
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1178 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:31 PM

Guys, I was in Borders a few weeks ago and I overheard one of the girls working there say something about a "Andrew Bird/Sufjan/Decemberists hybird" and then I ripped off all of her clothes and threw up all over her sopping wet vagina.

are there any white people in Sufjan Stevens

#1179 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

MODEST MOUSE = FAV "NEW ARTIST" LOL
Posted Image

#1180 MattDrufke

MattDrufke

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2889 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

That band would come to be know as.... Wilco.

www,twitter.com/ihatemattdrufke

www.facebook.com/mattdrufke

Listen to my album, This Is Supposed To Be Fun, on Spotify, or buy it on any of the major online music services.