Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:34 PM

That's right motherfuckers

Posted Image

RAMBO IV THIS FRIDAY

Already going through the rambo ramp-up of watching all 3 rambos beforehand this week, who is with me on this nihilistic exercise

god this has been an amazing time to be alive, all these major franchises that i grew up on being revived, culminating ultimately in the massive jizz bomb of awesome that Indy IV will be. so pumped
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

gonna be a great movie
But among the jackals, the panthers, the bitch hounds, The apes, the scorpions, the vultures, the serpents, The yelping, howling, growling, crawling monsters, In the filthy menagerie of our vices, There is one more ugly, more wicked, more filthy! Although he makes neither great gestures nor great cries, He would willingly make of the earth a shambles And, in a yawn, swallow the world; He is Ennui! — His eye watery as though with tears, He dreams of scaffolds as he smokes his hookah pipe. You know him reader, that refined monster, — Hypocritish reader, — my fellow, — my brother!

#3 Plate

Plate

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Already going through the rambo ramp-up of watching all 3 rambos beforehand this week, who is with me on this nihilistic exercise

My girlfriend got me the trilogy for christmas, been waiting to watch them all until now. The DVDs have "Survival Mode", which sounds like the greatest human accomplishment since the Hoover Dam.
hey guys hows it goin

#4 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

The thing is, while Rocky Balboa worked at the box office because Rocky still remains an american Icon, I fail to see the draw to Rambo IV for anyone but hardcore Stallone fans/80s nostalgia seekers or stoners with nothing better to do on a saturday night
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

Or anybody who doesn't suck.
But among the jackals, the panthers, the bitch hounds, The apes, the scorpions, the vultures, the serpents, The yelping, howling, growling, crawling monsters, In the filthy menagerie of our vices, There is one more ugly, more wicked, more filthy! Although he makes neither great gestures nor great cries, He would willingly make of the earth a shambles And, in a yawn, swallow the world; He is Ennui! — His eye watery as though with tears, He dreams of scaffolds as he smokes his hookah pipe. You know him reader, that refined monster, — Hypocritish reader, — my fellow, — my brother!

#6 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

I like you Haid and I are true Americans
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11510 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

I've never seen any of these, somehow
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#8 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

wat
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 typical pickle conflicts

typical pickle conflicts

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

The commercials for this & the part in the Meet The Spartans preview where Sanjaya goes Iiiiiiiiiii'm not gaaaaay are the highlights of 2008 in cinema thus far
Posted Image

#10 typical pickle conflicts

typical pickle conflicts

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

http://worldofwonder..._and_deader.wow
Posted Image

#11 jasperjones

jasperjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

this looks like it may approach death wish 3 levels of awesomeness.

#12 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

i think in honor of this movie when i go see it in the theater if i see any minorities or women i'll beat them viciously RAAAAAAAAA AMERICAAAA LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:37 PM

oh man fucking dekalb doesnt get this until like 5:30 pm that wont work i might have to drive to batavia to see this and then drive back, lol
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 theminimumcircus

theminimumcircus

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2124 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

My friends in college would buy me six-packs if I did my impersonation of the scene where Rambo is first arrested in First Blood. You know, the scene where he gets thrown against the hood of the squad car, screaming some shit like, "Whadididoo?" out of his palsied fucking scrotum of a face.
Wtf @ theminimuncircus retardly interjecting.

#15 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

actually i might wait until saturday so i can go to this drunk off my ass
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Efrim

Efrim

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3280 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:22 PM

Whoa, I just looked up Rambo 3 on allmovie. I had no idea he teamed up with the Mujahedeen! I wonder if they'll be addressing the fact that he worked with the proto-Taliban in the last movie. I find it terribly appropriate that a series that took such a lug-headed "Why didn't we fight them harder!?" stance on Vietnam would praise the Mujahadeen. Maybe regional conflicts aren't so straightforward, eh?

#17 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:29 PM

i never saw rambo 3, downloading it now though i've heard its unbelievably awful i cant way B)
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 theminimumcircus

theminimumcircus

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2124 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

Isn't III the one where Rambo gets subjected to torture? Like waterboard--or wait--doesn't he get strapped naked to a kind of cruciform table and have voltage hooked up to him? I think that's the one; no maybe that's II. Anyway Richard Crenna's reasonably brilliant in both. Edit: it's II. Still, great stuff. Worth revisiting.
Wtf @ theminimuncircus retardly interjecting.

#19 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

Great Speech from the first Rambo take notice<br> <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...ocKVQDWk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#20 bleach

bleach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3303 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

i caught about five minutes of rocky v recently. the don king character was coming over to rocks broke ass pad and as he was walkin in i swear i heard paulie belch "hey rocko, look whos coming to dinner". i fucking fell down. ps: first blood. yea. i'll watch that shit all the way through and then watch again while rewinding in slow motion.
We go 0 to Dennehy in three seconds or less.