12 replies to this topic

#1 Jigga

Jigga

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2083 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:52 AM

i waz watching a show on bbc 4 yesterday, it was a "most importants decade in music" debate between da hip nerds dat write about culture and generally bore working class/normal people to death. anyway, dey had 5 z listers, each of whom would argue 4 each decade, da 50's all the way to da 90's. and there was a 4 man jury of intellectual attention whores like paul morley ( serioulsey, who da fuck is dude he on my tv screen every fucking day intellectuallisning crap). noddy holder was part of the jury so that was ok, at least he did shit in his day. anyway, so when the 2 chciks ( why am i suprise that it would be women who totally jumble up hip hop relevance) came and each did their 80's and 90's recital, i was like damn, aint hip hop the biggest movement of the last quarter century, and u nimcompooks still talking about madonna and oh so ironic britpop and raves. does anyone of the laymen actually remember raves? do they remember NEw Order? do thyey remembr so called dance musics political movement ( news to me, i thought they was all just smack heads). the 90's was even worse, this oh so obvious feminist who dreses like miss marple and looks like she read tarot cards 4 a living stared talking about grunge, britpop, hanson wtf? spice girls? wtf? beck and all the other shit that did not last like the great hip hop invention. all this shit that these people championed burned brightly for a minute and den, where dey at?. like seriouly, it aint cool to like hip hop anymore unless u talking to old white people to make urself feel hip. in da uk anyway, i dont knwow about over in da states. like these motherfuckers over here dont even acknoledge the shit except as tokenism. its like a group of nerds just get together to self indulge their self, just like sound opinions message board. its like, u cant talk about boxing without talking about muhammad ali, u cant talk about soccer without talkin bout maradona, so how the hell u gonna talk about 80's and 90;s music without talking about hip hop?

#2 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:07 AM

Jigga, did you watch the full week of programmes? The full hour shows on 80's and 90's on Wednesday and Thursday had a good twenty minutes each on Hip-Hop and R&B. The rave scene of the late eighties and early nineties did have the underlining of politics but it was slightly over-egged and you have to bare in mind that the programme was obvious aimed at British viewers and reflected their take on the world, that's why there was ten minutes on Trip-Hop and shoe-gaze on the full programme. I think all of the arguments bar 50's and 60's weren't that good and seemed rushed and trying to cram too much information in. Lol @ Catlin Moran being a feminist.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#3 enjoi

enjoi

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

WHITE PEOPLE LOVE JIGGA CAUSE WHEN HE POSTS, HE MAKES WAYNE BRADY LOOKS LIKE MALCOLM X
Posted Image

#4 Holiday in Risk

Holiday in Risk

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:37 PM

What's the board's policy on gimmick posters?
what a fine day for a parade

#5 theminimumcircus

theminimumcircus

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2124 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

Maybe the charm will wear off, but I really like Jigga's weird lingua franca comprising inscrutable Britishisms, run-ons, attempted (and failed) American ghetto orthography, and high-culture dilletantisms. It's like reading an 18th century novel.
Wtf @ theminimuncircus retardly interjecting.

#6 enjoi

enjoi

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

I would compare him more to the Dadaists. Or at least a failed attempt.
Posted Image

#7 Duff.

Duff.

I'm a monsta, I'm a killa.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5888 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

Oh he's far too coherent for dada. Almost more of a surrealist.

No, it'll be stupid, and we're already doing something stupid.
murderfbanner.gif

#8 Chronodiggity

Chronodiggity

THE PRINCE OF THE SOMB

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

Raves are still really really popular, for the record.
^_^

#9 Stop Breathin'

Stop Breathin'

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

Racist and Jigga in the same topic???!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......
because you're empty, and I'm empty

#10 Stop Breathin'

Stop Breathin'

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:22 PM

I mean, seriously. You'd think somebody was trying to lynch Tiger Woods or something. You know why he didn't make a big deal out of it? He's half Asian! This shit is so tired.
because you're empty, and I'm empty

#11 falling and laughing

falling and laughing

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:29 PM

U.S. hip-hop is weirdly unpopular in the UK, I agree with that. To be totally reductive, hip-hop in the U.S. seems to fill the role played by dance music in Europe and vice versa. For whatever reason, however, R&B is popular everywhere.

#12 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:41 AM

Country music is also very unpopular, very racist. (UK hip-hop is pretty unpopular here too!)
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#13 6ome 9irl

6ome 9irl

Freaky styley

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7584 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

Raves are still really really popular, for the record.

Lol. Been to any?