#1 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

www.fmqb.com

Coldplay has confirmed the track listing for the band's fourth album, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, which will be out in the U.S. on June 17. The band recorded a number of songs for the new record and recently told Rolling Stone they were have trouble whittling it down to a final, proper track list.

The diverse new album was co-produced by Brian Eno and Markus Dravs, and singer Chris Martin tells Billboard, "We're still obsessed with making songs that can be sung to the rafters. We just wanted to present them differently."

According to Billboard, Viva la Vida kicks off with the instrumental piece "Life In Technicolor," which is later reprised as a hidden track. The song "42" splits into three separate sections, while "Reign Of Love" features Martin's piano playing up front.

Some of the songs that didn't make the album include "Postcards From Far Away," "Rainy Day" and "Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground."

Coldplay is expected to tour extensively later this year behind Viva la Vida, but currently have announced just three festival appearances, at the new Pemberton Festival in British Columbia on July 27 and the Japanese Summer Sonic Festival in August.

Track list for Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends:

"Life In Technicolor"
"Cemeteries Of London"
"Lost!"
"42"
"Lovers In Japan"/"Reign Of Love"
"Yes"
"Viva La Vida"
"Violet Hill"
"Strawberry Swing"
"Death and All His Friends"

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#2 UselessRocker

UselessRocker

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3849 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...Rx0i11qU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"LETS GET SOME FUCKING ENERGY UP IN THIS BITCH MOTHERFUCKERS! You are not resigned to a fate of slow, painful death. The world is not as Radiohead and Portishead see it. "Oh the suffering! Oh the suffering, I feel the weight of the world and all it's pain" FUCK YOU......Be the grizzly, tear some shit up, rather than tearing yourself up." -- Montana, 12/21/08

#3 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

whateva.

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

#4 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20702 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#5 tweed

tweed

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:20 PM

And winner of Most Pretentious Album Title of the Year is . . . . . . .
Twilight Revival
Friday, March 13th - Thornwood Lounge (Wood Dale,IL)
Tuesday, April 21 - Abbey Pub (Chicago, IL)

Web Site I MySpace

#6 Chicken Invaders!

Chicken Invaders!

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

And winner of Most Pretentious Album Title of the Year is . . . . . . .

Definitely. It's horrible. And I keep reading it as Viva la Vida And The Death Of All His Friends, which I like a whole lot better, actually.

#7 UselessRocker

UselessRocker

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3849 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...7FK_IAT8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"LETS GET SOME FUCKING ENERGY UP IN THIS BITCH MOTHERFUCKERS! You are not resigned to a fate of slow, painful death. The world is not as Radiohead and Portishead see it. "Oh the suffering! Oh the suffering, I feel the weight of the world and all it's pain" FUCK YOU......Be the grizzly, tear some shit up, rather than tearing yourself up." -- Montana, 12/21/08

#8 shimmy

shimmy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

http://www.billboard...t_id=1003788558

#9 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20702 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

#10 Music Saves

Music Saves

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:43 AM

Posted Image

Wow, no way. Don't know if I like that or abhor it. How un-Coldplay, which can only be a good thing, right?
"The public are collectively fucking retarded." - tylerdurden74 "The world is filled with people who are no longer needed - and who try to make slaves of all of us - and they have their music and we have ours - theirs, the wasted songs of a superstitious nightmare - and without their musical and ideological miscarriages to compare our song of freedom to, we'd not have any opposite to compare music with - and like the drifting wind, hitting against no obstacle, we'd never know it's speed, it's power..." Woody Guthrie

#11 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

Watch Walmart refuse to carry it due to the tits on the top. :rolleyes:

#12 elementus

elementus

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:25 AM

Never thought Coldplay would use something with a french flag.

Posted Image

Bigger version. Tits airbrushed out.

2.15.2013 Toro Y Moi @ Paradise Rock Club: Allston, MA

3.18.2013 Disclosure @ The Sinclair: Cambridge, MA

5.08.2013 James Blake @ House of Blues: Boston, MA

5.10.2013 Shout Out Louds @ Paradise Rock Club: Allston, MA

5.26.2013 Boston Calling Music Festival (The National, Andrew Bird, The Walkmen, Dirty Projectors, Youth Lagoon)

6.12.2013 Postal Service @ Band of America Pavilion: Boston, MA

#13 swede

swede

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

great cover...so non-coldplay its ridiculous...like the direction..

#14 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20702 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:12 AM

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia....ding_the_People

#15 Nick

Nick

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6013 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:16 AM

This band & their albums & singles are so fucking atrocious. I don't care who is producing this. You can't slap "Brian Eno" on the packaging to hide what is just a turd on a stick.

#16 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20702 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

Jorge Valdano could produce it in that case.

#17 Chicken Invaders!

Chicken Invaders!

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1982 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, such a radical departure for the cover, I may be interested in hearing this.

#18 arkin

arkin

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

that's definitely the worst title of the year. Yeah, can't think of a worse one off hand.

#19 Mike N.

Mike N.

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

Worst album title of the year, worst artwork of the year. They never fail to impress.

#20 shimmy

shimmy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

Worst album title of the year, worst artwork of the year. They never fail to impress.

you stupid fucks, BRIAN ENO is producing and they said the "old" sound is gone.
but since they're huge and sold a ton of albums and are pop, they automatically can never make an amazing album?