• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 franty

franty

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

I used to be a hugh NIN fan as a teenager... As time went by, i got a little tired (of NIN and Smashing Pumpkins, actually). But I still like to listen to some of trent's albums sometimes... Anyway, i just found out they'll be playing here (Brazil) in october. How's the new tour? Anyone been to any show? I saw them in 2005 and it was... Good (not great, but really good).

#42 Saskadelphia

Saskadelphia

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6049 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:09 AM

^ I have the exact same question as above...I haven't bought a NIN album since The Downward Spiral, but they're coming to my town in December. Are they any good these days?

Boris is opening some of the dates, but not here. :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Henrietta

Henrietta

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:37 AM

I'm not much into NIN's music but my girlfriend loves them, so we went to the August Detroit show. Pretty great performance, even though I didn't care for a lot of the songs. Bad-ass stage setup and fantastic lights.

#44 Johnny Feathers

Johnny Feathers

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

I'm not much into NIN's music but my girlfriend loves them, so we went to the August Detroit show. Pretty great performance, even though I didn't care for a lot of the songs. Bad-ass stage setup and fantastic lights.

Agreed. My only complaint is the seeming necessity of playing ambient Ghosts material in the middle, so they can hit you over the head with the heavy stuff immediately after. It's a brave move musically, but I just don't think those songs are that good. And watching Trent and Co. playing a bunch of acoustic percussion instruments and string bass is a little weird. But the hits are still great, they play plenty of them, and even the newer material (Slip, Year Zero, With Teeth) works pretty well live. And a helluva light/video show.
Khaaaaan!!!!