#1 Chicken Invaders!

Chicken Invaders!

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1982 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

Seriously.

Yeah. It sounds like it could be a Sung Tongs outtake or something. Enjoyable, though. If nothing else, it's got me interested in hearing a new Sigur Ros album, which I really didn't care about at all 10 minutes ago. Yeah, they've got a new one coming out June 26? 24th? It's on their website, along with a tracklisting.

Something tells me this board isn't full of too many Sigur Ros supporters, though.

#2 st. park

st. park

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

lol the vid is a bunch of naked hippies running around the jungle.. fyi for those at work. fyi full frontal for those not at work.

#3 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

Many Sigur Ros supporters here. At least I can listen, if not dare watch--thanks for the warning.

EDIT: It does'nt work for me for some reason, but Youtube has it until somebody complains about the nudies.

Sounds like a happy Radiohead to me.

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#4 Saskadelphia

Saskadelphia

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6049 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

Good song. Video's kind of dumb.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

i like the video... song i'm so-so on didn't care much for Takk other than a few songs tho, so maybe a departure is what i could use from them

#6 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

I guess if by Animal Collective you guys mean "this features stamping kick-drums, clapping, and acoustic guitars," then sure. But it's not like Animal Collective own that sound... this seems more reminiscent of Akron/Family if anything.
Posted Image

#7 LOL Alzado

LOL Alzado

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:13 PM

really dug the song. the video was cool too. p.s. wieners

#8 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:17 PM

anyone else having trouble downloading the mp3 from their site?

#9 Swanstradamus

Swanstradamus

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

It sure sounds like Animal Collective with Sigur Ros guy singing to me.
Posted Image

#10 caley

caley

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

anyone else having trouble downloading the mp3 from their site?

Took me a few tries, but I got it going eventually.

"'I Love My Dad' is the only one that slightly annoys me, maybe because I never loved my dad."

-WavesWithin

Bob-s-Burgers-bobs-burgers-18293103-1280

#11 Music Saves

Music Saves

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

It sure sounds like Animal Collective with Sigur Ros guy singing to me.

Copy the link location and paste it in your browser. I couldn't just save it on Firefox, but that worked. Good song, very refreshing to hear, as I think they just about wore out their welcome with me with the same dirge-like atmospheric music. Hope this isn't a red herring.
"The public are collectively fucking retarded." - tylerdurden74 "The world is filled with people who are no longer needed - and who try to make slaves of all of us - and they have their music and we have ours - theirs, the wasted songs of a superstitious nightmare - and without their musical and ideological miscarriages to compare our song of freedom to, we'd not have any opposite to compare music with - and like the drifting wind, hitting against no obstacle, we'd never know it's speed, it's power..." Woody Guthrie

#12 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

Animal Collective? More like Les Baxter(Balan Samba).
Every Sunday morning I wake up
I see you by your dresser doing your make-up
Fluttering a Chinese fan in a Knoxville fashion
All last night you tossed and turned
Your body was hotter than the night Richmond burned
You say you had a bad nightmare about tractor trailers crashing
- The Felice Brothers

#13 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:01 PM

I think they just about wore out their welcome with me with the same dirge-like atmospheric music. Hope this isn't a red herring.

I don't think so... from the site...

Inspired by the unfettered feeling of the acoustic performances filmed during Heima, Sigur Rós decided to adopt a looser approach in the writing and creation of their brilliant fifth album. The material for the album was written, recorded and mixed entirely in 2008 and is being released just one month after completion. The album glows with the perfect imperfection of live takes, the sounds of fingers playing guitar strings, cracked notes, and a stark, upfront presence not found in previous Sigur Rós recordings, moving away from the reverb-induced guitar sounds of old to something altogether more fragile and affecting. It also contains some of the most joyous music the band has ever recorded.

First song ‘Gobbledigook’ sets the tone for With A Buzz… with its shifting acoustic guitars, playful vocals, time signature shifts and swirling percussion, while ‘Inni mer syngur vitleysingur’ (‘Within me a lunatic sings’) sparkles as one of the most anthemic songs Sigur Rós have ever written. ‘Festival’ is epic in its elation and scope, ‘Illgresi’ (‘Weeds’) features one of Jónsi’s finest vocal melodies over a lone acoustic guitar, and ‘Ára bátur’ (‘Row boat’) is the single largest musical undertaking in the band’s career, as it was recorded live in one take with the London Sinfonietta and London Oratory Boy’s Choir, a total of 90 people playing at the same time. The band also utilized the talents of their string-quartet friends Amiina, as well as a five-piece brass section on certain tracks, in addition to introducing the Mellotron into their writing/recording process for the first time on this album, specifically on one of the most tender and beautiful songs on the record, ‘Fljótavík’.

I'm pretty sold on this already. B) :)

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#14 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3550 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:01 PM

MTV should debut this on TRL. I'd love to see the looks on the kids faces afterward. (Is TRL even still around? Do they show ANY vids on Music Television aymore?)

#15 superhersh2002

superhersh2002

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

I think they just about wore out their welcome with me with the same dirge-like atmospheric music. Hope this isn't a red herring.

I don't think so... from the site...

Inspired by the unfettered feeling of the acoustic performances filmed during Heima, Sigur Rós decided to adopt a looser approach in the writing and creation of their brilliant fifth album. The material for the album was written, recorded and mixed entirely in 2008 and is being released just one month after completion. The album glows with the perfect imperfection of live takes, the sounds of fingers playing guitar strings, cracked notes, and a stark, upfront presence not found in previous Sigur Rós recordings, moving away from the reverb-induced guitar sounds of old to something altogether more fragile and affecting. It also contains some of the most joyous music the band has ever recorded.

First song ‘Gobbledigook’ sets the tone for With A Buzz… with its shifting acoustic guitars, playful vocals, time signature shifts and swirling percussion, while ‘Inni mer syngur vitleysingur’ (‘Within me a lunatic sings’) sparkles as one of the most anthemic songs Sigur Rós have ever written. ‘Festival’ is epic in its elation and scope, ‘Illgresi’ (‘Weeds’) features one of Jónsi’s finest vocal melodies over a lone acoustic guitar, and ‘Ára bátur’ (‘Row boat’) is the single largest musical undertaking in the band’s career, as it was recorded live in one take with the London Sinfonietta and London Oratory Boy’s Choir, a total of 90 people playing at the same time. The band also utilized the talents of their string-quartet friends Amiina, as well as a five-piece brass section on certain tracks, in addition to introducing the Mellotron into their writing/recording process for the first time on this album, specifically on one of the most tender and beautiful songs on the record, ‘Fljótavík’.

I'm pretty sold on this already. B) :)

2nd...seems like those boys from Iceland are stirring the pot for a change...as always it will be interesting.

#16 helmet52

helmet52

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1506 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

I like the song quite a bit. WTF at the video though. I prefer my videos without penis.

#17 Chicken Invaders!

Chicken Invaders!

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1982 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

OK, I mean, it sounds like a number of things, but Animal Collective is the most obvious reference point, I think. Maybe it's a tad lazy, but it gives you an idea of the song going in. But yeah, the description of that 90 people playing at the same time thing does sound pretty sweet. Like I said, I had no interest in a new Sigur Ros record until I heard this, so color me excited to hear it. If they can fuse this new stuff with their penchant for big epic shit, it could be awesome. There's a section in the middle of the song there that kind of hints at it.

#18 chimpforaday

chimpforaday

Neophyte

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

surprised! i've never really enjoyed sigur ros, but this i could really get in to. might actually buy this album, if this song is any indication.

#19 Hans Christian Anderson

Hans Christian Anderson

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4919 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

first things first. ^hell yeah, two bill callahan related avatars. second things second. i've yet to hear this song but will download it and listen to it on my run in a few hours. for the record i love sigur ros.

#20 Hans Christian Anderson

Hans Christian Anderson

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4919 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

yeah i cain't get this bitch to work either (the mp3), but i did watch the plethora of tits and dick that accompany this song. i don't really know animal collective that well, but from what i've heard of them i have no qualms saying this sounds like sigur ros trying to do animal collective. i have no real take on this song except that i'm now really curious to hear what this album's gonna sound like.