Photo

Shake or Malt?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Two drinks enter one drink leaves

Shake or Malt?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 fffffffff

fffffffff

Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

god i have no idea what a malt is but shakes are so amazing and life changing. though enjoy FLOATS more.

is there like, an old timey soda shoppe in chicago where i can get malts and egg creams. there really should be.

I'm pretty sure egg creams are against the law now because you can't serve raw eggs. You might have to find a good recipe and make it yourself. I'd like to try one.

Edit: maybe I'm thinking of a different drink??? I just saw a Food Network show that talked about not being able to serve an old fountain drink because it had raw eggs in it....hmmmmm.

egg creams have no egg in them, just milk and seltzer. unless they are completely different in the midwest? egg nog has raw eggs in them...?

#22 b17yoe

b17yoe

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:07 AM

god i have no idea what a malt is but shakes are so amazing and life changing. though enjoy FLOATS more.

is there like, an old timey soda shoppe in chicago where i can get malts and egg creams. there really should be.

I'm pretty sure egg creams are against the law now because you can't serve raw eggs. You might have to find a good recipe and make it yourself. I'd like to try one.

Edit: maybe I'm thinking of a different drink??? I just saw a Food Network show that talked about not being able to serve an old fountain drink because it had raw eggs in it....hmmmmm.

egg creams have no egg in them, just milk and seltzer. unless they are completely different in the midwest? egg nog has raw eggs in them...?

I am not remembering correctly. I need to do some research on fountain drinks. I did see a program about soda fountains where one of owners was lamenting that they couldn't make ______________ drink the way they used to because they couldn't serve raw eggs. They had come up with an alternative recipe, but they said it wasn't as good as the original...this is going to bug me until I think of it.
Whatever.

#23 fffffffff

fffffffff

Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

damo probably knows. just wait.

#24 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

Eggs creams do not have egg in them. It's milk, seltzer and chocolate (or strawberry) syrup. Mix in a tall glass and whip very quickly to create a thick consistency. Takes about a minute, Forgo. You can make them at home.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#25 Waylon

Waylon

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

Binko probably knows. just wait.

Still waiting for Slackmo to delete this thread.

#26 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:20 AM

Fun fact; Billy Batson, the new Shazam, changed Black Adam's power word to Chocolate Egg Cream. Black Adam's two year search for the power word ended rather unexpectedly and humorously as Black Adam sat down in a soda fountain and ordered a Chocolate Egg Cream. The resulting explosion left the jerk, Adam and nearby kid very surprised. To say the least.

"Always the boy, Billy."

Peter J. Tomasi is fucking good.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#27 ladytron: the tv series

ladytron: the tv series

CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3097 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:29 AM

shake! i need a cherry on top, though. goodness, i could go for one right now. would make my day even better, which i wasnt sure was possible.
[size=1][/size]

#28 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

Egg creams are weird because they have no eggs and no cream. They're milk, soda water and chocolate syrup. The "egg" is probably a corruption of the yiddish word "echt" meaning "genuine" or "real".

#29 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

I used to love me a good Cock Robin "One in a Million" malt when I was a kid. :)

There is still a Cock Robin in Brookfield.
Hit it up next time you go to the zoo.

They've still got square scoops of ice cream

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#30 dice

dice

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

used to have a homemade chocolate shake every night before bed. i'm down to chocolate milk now haven't had a malt since i was a kid - thought it was a terrible drink. maybe i should try again
http://www.kiva.org

make a difference
99% repayment!

#31 Magnus Malcolm

Magnus Malcolm

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

It seems I've tied it for the time being. I had to go with malt, but I obviously enjoy either one.
"Attention camp compound. Urine specimens will be required from all pers... Uh... pe... Uh, disregard last transmission." -Announcer, M.A.S.H.

#32 Thee AP

Thee AP

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

A malt is like the freak birth defect shake child who everybody feels sorry for but in their heart is annoyed by for being retarded.

HOLY FU**ING SHIT!!! :lol:

That is the funniest post in months!

Someone should teach those kids to fish.

Posted Image

#33 bleach

bleach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

this is fucking tight. figured the shake would easily run this match.
We go 0 to Dennehy in three seconds or less.

#34 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

Fuck! First burgers, now shakes/malts?! You fuckers are killing me!

#35 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

Hey man, chili cheese fries.

#36 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

Disgusting.

#37 norton

norton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

I used to love me a good Cock Robin "One in a Million" malt when I was a kid. :)

There is still a Cock Robin in Brookfield.
Hit it up next time you go to the zoo.

They've still got square scoops of ice cream

I haven't been to the Brookfield Zoo in about 18 years. For the most part, I hate zoos. They depress me.

Thanks for the tip though. I'm sure I can find another reason to land my ass in Brookfield. What am I thinking??? I hear they have a Cock Robin there now!!!!! :lol:

#38 le chaton

le chaton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:17 PM

I am not remembering correctly. I need to do some research on fountain drinks. I did see a program about soda fountains where one of owners was lamenting that they couldn't make ______________ drink the way they used to because they couldn't serve raw eggs. They had come up with an alternative recipe, but they said it wasn't as good as the original...this is going to bug me until I think of it.

i always thought malts had egg in them.

#39 Guest_NumberTenOx_*

Guest_NumberTenOx_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

i always thought malts had egg in them.

Malts have... um, malt.

#40 norton

norton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

anyway, i vote floats.

I wonder what the results would look like if floats and sodas had been included. I still prefer a good chocolate malt, but I know my wife would take a strawberry soda every time.