Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

are you joking?

#22 Nick

Nick

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6013 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

OMG I'm so sick I have to start a thread about it. Because, you know, I'm sooooo sick.

#23 fffffffff

fffffffff

Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

are you joking?

kat, in the time you were gone, you missed the span where nick went from lsightly ridiculous personality, to angry curmudgeonly dickweed. pay him no mind.

and here you go:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 le chaton

le chaton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

OMG I'm so sick I have to start a thread about it. Because, you know, I'm sooooo sick.

well, i'm curled up in bed w/my laptop and my friends in N London are either sick or out of town. my husband and i are separated so i currently live alone in our flat. all my friends in the States are still at work, so i can't call them. so yeah. a thread turned out to be a good distraction. shoot me.

EDIT: thanks for the tip gena. and i seriously cannot get enough of your cats. how old are they? they still look kitten-ish to me.

#25 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

our office manager was out three days last week with some mystery illness. she described the symptoms to me and they basically match everything that everyone in here seems to be complaining about. she then told me basically she was diagnosed with a lesser version of pneumonia or hepatitis or something like one or neither of those. so the moral of the story is everyone here might be days or hours away from their deathbeds.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#26 boobs

boobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkRhFh8pq0

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10251 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

nick giving lechaton a rough time is funny tho, i enjoy chaton's persona but only when its balanced by dudes giving her a rough time. she doesnt seem to take it personal or whatever

my husband and i

whoa
The one who put the satin on your panties.

#27 le chaton

le chaton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:51 PM

our office manager was out three days last week with some mystery illness. she described the symptoms to me and they basically match everything that everyone in here seems to be complaining about. she then told me basically she was diagnosed with a lesser version of pneumonia or hepatitis or something like one or neither of those.

:lol:
not funny, but hilarious that they are interchangeable.

#28 fffffffff

fffffffff

Rockist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7182 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

my husband and i

whoa

yea, i am with you on that one deej.

the cats are 4. or 5. i cant remember.

#29 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20699 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

Oh, but dreams have a knack of just not coming true
And time is against me now...oh

Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#30 le chaton

le chaton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

?

#31 boobs

boobs

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10251 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:07 PM

i think the worst part about being sick for me is i become a hypochondriac and start wondering if this will be the one that lands me in the hospital uninsured

#32 le chaton

le chaton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

ack. i'm worried this will get worse when i'm in the states and will have to do the same thing.

#33 birdistheword

birdistheword

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2259 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

Is it a cold? When I'm sick with a cold, I do just one thing - get better. Not trying to be flip, I mean seriously, do stuff that'll get you better. Cold-Eez lozenges work best, but only if used early. Every 2 hours. Drink lots of fluids obviously, but gargling a lot with salt water combined with saline nasal sprays, and doing a good deal of that every hour. It all sounds like a big, gross production, but I usually feel like 90-100% after two days.

#34 le chaton

le chaton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

naw it's definitely not a cold. last time i felt this sick i had an pneumonia. i think it's just a nasty bug going around my office. loads of ppl have been off sick lately. just trying to get it under control before i have to fly.

#35 boobs

boobs

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10251 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:27 PM

most important is SLEEP

#36 le chaton

le chaton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

true. i need to stop watching law and order and go to sleep (it's 10.30pm here). stupid congestion! Thanks for all the posts guys. seriously helped pass the evening.

#37 Thee AP

Thee AP

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1817 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

ack. i'm worried this will get worse when i'm in the states and will have to do the same thing.

FAIL

Kat, your attitude will decide. Positive Mental Attitude is key to overcoming anything. Predetermining an outcome with that attitude is certain failure. Chin up, now! Or, you had best just take the little train eastward, go through the magic-tube & celebrate this defeatist attitude in France.

Someone should teach those kids to fish.

Posted Image

#38 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

ha - the only time i really wish i had a gf these days is when im sick

They really are no fucking help when you are sick.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#39 bleach

bleach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3303 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

k, getting sick is fucking fun man. taking nyquil, passing out for 2 hours, taking nyquil staying awake for an hour and a half, then taking more nyquil and passing out for 2 hours is the best. also, that cat of forgo's - the one swatting at the starbucks cup - looks human.
We go 0 to Dennehy in three seconds or less.

#40 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10088 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

They don't sell drugs in Europe apparently. I came down with a horrible cold and went to the Apotheke in Salzburg and they gave me a packet of 10 pills (take one in the morning and one in the evening) which did basically nothing, and some lozenges for my inflamed throat, which basically did nothing. In Switzerland I got some Ricola but couldn't find my favorite honey & echinacea. Don't Europeans get sick? Or do they just tough it out w/o drugs? Man I would've killed for some Nyquil, Dayquil or Comtrex.