146 replies to this topic

#141 arkin

arkin

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

i've said it before and i'll say it again, yes this is their most consistent and best all around album, but other than 'A Hundred Miles Off' it's also their least exciting for me... if that makes any sense

I think it does, but I suppose it's also a matter of personal taste. I can see that, after three/four albums, the excitement can be sort of deflated, but then again, I had the opposite reaction. After AHMO (which I do like quite a bit) and Pussy Cats (if that even counts), I wasn't expecting to love this album. Turns out I was really, really wrong.

#142 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:25 PM

as much as i love the new album, i guess i'd just have liked 1-2 uptempo rockers to even out the speed/vibe of the record. Postcards is the most rockin' this album gets tempo-wise, but it's not exactly an uptempo rocker. it's a gorgeous album, but at times i could use a song or two to shake things up a bit, is my one and only small complaint. p.s. pretty sure my fave song on the album is also the most sparse, 'New Country'

#143 HandBanana

HandBanana

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5760 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

HUGELY grown on me. Play it a couple times daily.
[color="#FF0000"][size=3]I made some rock posters.
For the world.
That give worms to ex-girlfriends: [url="http://www.gigposter...tp://www.gigpos

#144 August West

August West

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:16 PM

I really need to listen to this more. Fucking loved it the first few spins, haven't even listen to it once since then.

#145 demoncleaner

demoncleaner

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:25 AM

You'll love 'em live - titanic.

Yeah they were fantastic. Leithauser is a beast of frontman. Just standing up their belting his heart out. Great stuff.

The set was 90% You & Me, which was very welcome to me, and shows how much they believe in this record. *

* or perhaps they just always play their latest material

#146 HandBanana

HandBanana

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5760 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

I dont really do year end lists. But if I did, this one would move up a space every time I've heard it. Just gets better and better and better....
[color="#FF0000"][size=3]I made some rock posters.
For the world.
That give worms to ex-girlfriends: [url="http://www.gigposter...tp://www.gigpos

#147 r.i.p.

r.i.p.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2460 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

I dont really do year end lists.
But if I did, this one would move up a space every time I've heard it.

Just gets better and better and better....

totally agree. I now have become obsessed with this. Glad I kept spinning it. The streaming concert from Amsterdam on their site is great, too, for those who can't see 'em for real.