Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 6ome 9irl

6ome 9irl

Freaky styley

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7584 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:46 PM

the subtitle is all wrong and has a spelling error. it's not just about bands solely. it's to promote events. i should know, i started plug one originally *choke*, let's get it right boy. B)

#3 maztrax

maztrax

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:03 PM

My band Collectors at Silvie's on Saturday, March 4 w/ Dundrearies. More info to follow in a separate thread.

#4 rudayo

rudayo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:57 PM

No offense to anyone who know anyone in Dundrearies, but that is a horrible name. Reminds me of Buddy Lee.

#5 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

the subtitle is all wrong and has a spelling error. it's not just about bands solely. it's to promote events. i should know, i started plug one originally *choke*, let's get it right boy. B)

I didn't start the forum. I just started this thread.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Mr. Sinistro

Mr. Sinistro

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

maztrax, Have your band played at Sylvie's before? We played there twice, sounds pretty good in there when you wouldn't think that it would. They only mic vocals and kick drum. It's always fun when the sound guy's got a volume meter during soundcheck to make sure your not too loud, yet throughout the show you just keep adjusting the Big Muff's volume as close to 10 as you can get it. :D

My Band: The Atlantic Divide
My Artwork: mg33.net.
My Blog: Random Transmission.

The Atlantic Divide - Upcoming Shows:
Thursday March 12th - Opening for Ours at Bottom Lounge - 8PM - $15 - 18+.
Thursday March 26th - With New Colossus, Eric & The Implants - 8PM - $8 - 17+.

Currently working on new EP due out in May.

#7 maztrax

maztrax

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

maztrax,

Have your band played at Sylvie's before? We played there twice, sounds pretty good in there when you wouldn't think that it would. They only mic vocals and kick drum.

It's always fun when the sound guy's got a volume meter during soundcheck to make sure your not too loud, yet throughout the show you just keep adjusting the Big Muff's volume as close to 10 as you can get it. :D

This will be our first time playing Silvie's.

They don't mic the guitar cabinet? Ooh, that concerns me. Need to have guitar coming back in the monitors.

#8 Mr. Sinistro

Mr. Sinistro

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:59 AM

They don't mic the guitar cabinet? Ooh, that concerns me. Need to have guitar coming back in the monitors.

It's really not that bad. I was a bit sceptical about it myself. If you want to see their stage size - kind of a triangle in a corner:
http://www.theatlant...h2005/3089.html

I've got stands for my amps now so it helps if there's nothing in a monitor. Just tell yourselves it's like being in your practice space - not an ideal mindset for a show, I know, but it kind of takes the worry out of it. I used to live two blocks from there. We played there twice, it's a fun place if you've got a good crowd. And it's tiny, so even a moderate crowd seems like alot. I've seen Bible of the Devil there and it was packed to the gills.

#9 Jimmy TKB

Jimmy TKB

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6325 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:49 PM

I will be doing a gig this Saturday 1/28 w/ Dave Specter. Good times. Saturday, January 28 - Good Time Charlie's 330 W. North St. Manhattan, IL 815-478-9000 8p-12a. Our 2nd first time gig at this great venue. PYB will be joined by Delmark Recording artist and all around cool cat Dave Specter. See who Pauline is stealing all of her material from!!! www.paulineyorkband.com

#10 By-Tor

By-Tor

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:07 PM

It's really not that bad. I was a bit sceptical about it myself. If you want to see their stage size - kind of a triangle in a corner:
http://www.theatlant...h2005/3089.html

I've got stands for my amps now so it helps if there's nothing in a monitor. Just tell yourselves it's like being in your practice space - not an ideal mindset for a show, I know, but it kind of takes the worry out of it. I used to live two blocks from there. We played there twice, it's a fun place if you've got a good crowd. And it's tiny, so even a moderate crowd seems like alot. I've seen Bible of the Devil there and it was packed to the gills.

Fucking Bible of the Devil?!

do you know Nate, the guitar player?
American Military Casualties in Iraq Date Total In Combat American Deaths Since war began (3/19/03): 4253 3421 Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03) (the list) 4114 3313 Since Capture of Saddam (12/13/03): 3792 3115 Since Handover (6/29/04): 3395 2798 Since Obama Inauguration (1/20/09): 24 16 The first number is just deaths; the second number is deaths in combat.

#11 maztrax

maztrax

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

Is that you talking to Bob Mould in your avatar?

#12 Mr. Sinistro

Mr. Sinistro

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:25 AM

Don't know him personally, but Darren, their bass player, is one of my best friends.

He's the one that looks like this:
Posted Image

#13 coolrock

coolrock

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:54 AM

The Pullers are playing in Homewood, Illinois on Feb. 4th.

http://www.myspace.com/thepullers
As the psychiatrist said to the man wearing nothing but Saran-Wrap, "I can clearly see you're nuts."

#14 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Don't know him personally, but Darren, their bass player, is one of my best friends.

He's the one that looks like this:
Posted Image

Is he the one that's addicted to those chewable plaque pills?
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#15 SeanTillDawn

SeanTillDawn

Neophyte

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

Saturday!
February 11th!
Mass Shivers Live ?!@# like a Suicide!
Hideout!
w/ Killer Whales!
followed by DJ moves w/
Zach Cowie
Nick Meyers (Planet of Sound, Vee-Dee, Plastic Crimewave Sound)
Rob Lowe (Lichens, 90 Day Men)

10pm / $8 / 21+
1354 W Wabansia

www.massshivers.com

#16 kinetic android

kinetic android

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:40 AM

FRIDAY, 2/24 (this friday) Kinetic Android opens for The Flips @ Java 101 901 Lucinda Ave, DeKalb, IL 60115 I start at 7:30pm. Flips start at 8:30pm Basically a solo acoustic thing. "Pretty much somewhere between amazing and orgasmic." - a hyperbole loving friend on Kinetic Android. Check the MySpace.

#17 cpl-593h

cpl-593h

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

Stovetop Records on tour!

Grain Riot, ... ship, and The Lilypads (me touring Pansy Snowflake and the Lilypads solo) are traversing the East Coast this spring break. Tentative dates:

March 10-11: Boston
March 12-13: Providence
March 14: New Hampshire
March 15-16: New York City

Of course, these are all dependent on our ability to procure venues. So to anyone who feels like putting on a Stovetop show at their place -- be it a theater, apartment, or sidewalk -- let us know. We'll play for free!

Thanks,
Sam

#18 sidhaha

sidhaha

Lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

The Pullers are playing in Homewood, Illinois on Feb. 4th.
http://www.myspace.com/thepullers

Hey I checked out your myspace, I dig the tunes
My MySpace

My band Collectors at Silvie's on Saturday, March 4 w/ Dundrearies. More info to follow in a separate thread.

If i was in town I'd check you out (I'm in Florida/ Chicago native though), your music on mySpace is pretty cool, I dig the song "One More Day"

Have a great show.

My MySpace

I dont know if this will help or not, but bring a mic and stand for the Guitar cab, I did a show in Orlando where we wanted the high hats miced, the place was pretty big and the hats would have been lost in the crowd, I had a couple of SM-81's with me and I pluged one into the sanke and asked the house to bring it up, and they did with no issues. Sometimes you may just have to let them know your needs. If that doesnt work, you can satellite the guitars with an extra cab for your own monitor needs. (did that for my drummer years ago)

Peace, best of luck to you and your music

Late April - Early May, I will be doing an Acoustical Show in Chicago, Venue TBD
May or June depending on schedule I will be in Alaska on vacation also hitting some small pubs to play a little