555 replies to this topic

#541 worrywort

worrywort

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3898 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

I wanna know who gets the gold medal for fucking in the Village.

And there's the pitch.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#542 JeffTweedysFatStomach

JeffTweedysFatStomach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:17 PM

Still can't get over the USA/Spain game yesterday...one of the best games I've ever seen. The intensity was otherworldly. This was right up there with the Illinois/Arizona 2005 Elite Eight game.

#543 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20700 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

The Mayor of London is a horrid right wing cunt.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#544 Rad Monkey

Rad Monkey

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1861 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

I think it is unfair to assume that any city moving forward cannot top the opening/closing ceremonies of Beijing.

I mean, if all it takes to "Wow" people is have a few hundred China-men running around w/ glow in the dark suits on & let off some fireworks (which China invented, FYI) then the bar is kind of low for what will entertain most folks.

Brazil could top it and they'd have nudity.

Seriously, it's like you rubes have never heard of carnaval.

--------
--------

#545 nagode

nagode

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

Olympic spunk-fest - http://www.timesonli...icle4582421.ece

I am often asked if the Olympic village - the vast restaurant and housing conglomeration that hosts the world's top athletes for the duration of the Games - is the sex-fest it is cracked up to be. My answer is always the same: too right it is. I played my first Games in Barcelona in 1992 and got laid more often in those two and a half weeks than in the rest of my life up to that point.

This sex fest was not limited to Barcelona: the same thing happened in Sydney in 2000, my second Olympics as an athlete, and is happening right here in Beijing, where this time I'm a commentator. I spoke to an Aussie table tennis player this week to check out the village vibe and he launched into the breathless patter common to any Olympic debutant: “It is unbelievable in there; everyone is totally crazy once they are out of their competitions. God knows what it is going to be like this weekend. It is like a world within a world.” A British runner (anonymous again: athletes are not supposed to talk to journalists unaccompanied by a PR type, least of all about sex) said: “The swimmers finished earlier in the week and it was like there was an eruption.”

This is not old news. You see stories like this every olympics.

Does this article mention that apparently the athletes are given 8 condoms a day?

I wanna know who gets the gold medal for fucking in the Village.

there was a reuters report about 8k in condoms being used by last week...intl fuckfest
"If you're young and not liberal, you have no heart. If you're old and not conservative, you have no mind."

-Winston Churchill

Posted Image

#546 birdistheword

birdistheword

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2259 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

http://www.ew.com/ew...27d cast him in!

#547 Badger

Badger

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:48 AM

Fidel Castro backs banned Cuban taekwondo athlete
Reuters, Monday August 25 2008 HAVANA, Aug 25 (Reuters) -

Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro on Monday defended a Cuban taekwondo athlete banned forever from the sport for kicking a referee during the Beijing Olympics.

Castro, in a column on the Internet, said Angel Valodia Matos already was "indignant" because someone tried to bribe his coach and "could not contain himself" when referee Chakir Chelbat disqualified him in a bronze-medal match he led over Kazakhstan's Arman Chilmanov.

"Astonished by a decision that appeared totally unjust to him, he protested and kicked the referee," Castro wrote.
Valodia, who kicked Chelbat in the face, and coach Leudis Gonzalez were banned for life.
"For our taekwondo athlete and his coach, our total solidarity," Castro said. Chelbat of Sweden disqualified Valodia for exceeding a minute's injury time after a blow from Chilmanov.

Castro charged that judges also "shamelessly robbed" three Cuban boxers of gold medals.
Cuba, whose athletes remain amateurs, won five gold medals in boxing in the 2004 Athens Olympics, but none in Beijing. Three of the five gold medalists in Athens defected from Cuba and a fourth was kicked off the team for attempting to defect.

Castro blamed the Beijing showing on efforts by the "mafia" against Cuba. He did not elaborate, but he frequently uses the term for anti-Castro Cubans living in exile in Miami.
"It was criminal what they did with the young people of our boxing team," he said. "In their rage, they left Cuba without a single gold Olympic medal in that discipline."

Castro said Cuba must review its sports system to meet rising competition but also has to be prepared to face challenges at the 2012 Olympics in London.

"There, there will be European chauvinism, referee corruption, buying of muscles and brains ... and a strong dose of racism."

#548 nagode

nagode

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

Top Quotes From the 2008 Olympics Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics: 1. Weightlifting commentator: 'This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.' 2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.' 3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.' 4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.' 5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.' 6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.' 7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.' 8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.' 9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"
"If you're young and not liberal, you have no heart. If you're old and not conservative, you have no mind."

-Winston Churchill

Posted Image

#549 Badger

Badger

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:25 AM

8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'

Julian Dicks played for West Ham and Liverpool, late 80s early 90s, hasn't played in a sporting generation and this quote has been turning up in lazy journalistic lists for much of the time since. Unless I'm missing something, he was no more at the Olympics than you were.

But there was a half hour of outrage here when some BBC hack drifted off and pondered out loud if [US lady swimmer] was shaved beneath her costume.

#550 Bleep Blop

Bleep Blop

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3515 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

http://www.snopes.co...ts/olympics.asp

#551 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20700 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

I've read every single one of those before, Snopes not needed.

#552 held

held

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3549 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Top Quotes From the 2008 Olympics
Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Summer Olympics:

1. Weightlifting commentator: 'This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'

8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'

9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"

I'd heard about the first two above and I was going to post em yesterday but I couldn't confirm
#8 so I scraped it.. #9 is a good one though.
There is nothing more depressing than trying to appear happy when you are not."
- Nick Cave

#553 Bleep Blop

Bleep Blop

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3515 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

I've read every single one of those before, Snopes not needed.

Kewl.

#554 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20700 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:48 AM

Hoy knighted in New Year honours

Britain's Olympic heroes dominate the sporting New Year Honours list, with cyclist Chris Hoy knighted.

Team-mate Bradley Wiggins and sailing star Ben Ainslie are appointed CBEs, while double gold medal-winning swimmer Rebecca Adlington becomes an OBE. Team GB cycling performance director Dave Brailsford is appointed CBE, as is rowing counterpart David Tanner. Lewis Hamilton becomes an MBE after becoming Formula One's youngest world champion in only his second season. Reading FC chairman John Madejski receives a knighthood for his charity work, and BBC cricket commentator Christopher Martin-Jenkins is appointed MBE. "I was lucky to be in the right place and at the right time to commentate and write about it," Martin-Jenkins told BBC Radio 4. "Cricket is the most profound team game - the best game of the lot."

Scotland's Hoy, recently crowned BBC Sports Personality of the Year, became the first Briton in 100 years to win three golds at an Olympics with his success in Beijing in August. Hoy has a double reason to celebrate as his mother Carol, who is a retired nurse, is appointed MBE for her work on sleep-related illnesses. "To become a knight from riding your bike, it's mad," said the 32-year-old Hoy. "It feels a bit strange to be honest. I still can't quite believe it. "It's incredible and I'm absolutely delighted. To be given a knighthood is an enormous honour - it means so much to me and also to my family."

Sailor Ainslie is honoured after winning his third straight sailing gold in Beijing to add to a silver from Atlanta in 1996, while track cyclist Wiggins is similarly recognised after claiming two gold medals in Beijing to take his Olympic medal tally to six. "I'm extremely honoured with a CBE," Ainslie told BBC Radio 5 Live. "When you are racing at the Olympics, you're racing for Queen and country." He added: "Receiving the CBE is a different feeling to winning medals. This is great for people in the background. It's fantastic for my family."

Disabled swimmer David Roberts and rider Lee Pearson also become CBEs. Roberts won four golds in Beijing to equal Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson's record of 11 Paralympic titles, while Pearson won three equestrian Paralympic golds. Adlington, 19, who finished third in the vote at Sports Personality of the Year, was honoured for becoming the first British woman to win an Olympic gold in the pool since Anita Lonsbrough in 1960. "I'm absolutely delighted to receive the OBE - it is fantastic to be recognised in the New Year Honours," she said. "There are so many amazing names on the list, it's something I'll treasure for the rest of my life."

Sailors Sarah Ayton, Sarah Webb and Iain Percy also become OBEs for winning their second Olympic gold medals in Beijing, as does rower Steve Williams, who added another coxless four gold to the one he won in Athens. Disabled swimmer Eleanor Simmonds is appointed MBE after becoming Britain's youngest ever individual Paralympic gold medallist in Beijing, aged 13. She is also the youngest person to receive the honour. "The last three months have been a whirlwind and I feel as though I am living in a fairytale," she said. Gold medal-winning cyclists Ed Clancy, Geraint Thomas, Jason Kenny, Jamie Staff, Paul Manning, Nicole Cooke, Victoria Pendleton and Rebecca Romero also become MBEs, taking the list of Beijing Olympic cyclists to be honoured to 10. "Everybody in our team dedicate their lives to the pursuit of a dream - to win a gold medal," said Brailsford. "When they do get recognised in this way it is breathtaking and a fantastic honour."

Olympic champion rowers Zac Purchase, Mark Hunter, Andy Triggs-Hodge, Tom James, and Peter Reed all become MBEs alongside gold medal-winning canoeist Tim Brabants. Beijing sailing champions Paul Goodison, Andrew Simpson and Pippa Wilson, who won her first gold alongside Ayton and Webb, are also appointed MBEs.
Christine Ohuruogu, the 400m champion who was the only British athlete to win a track and field gold in Beijing, is similarly appointed MBE, as is gold medal-winning boxer James DeGale. "It's very strange - it was a bolt out of the blue," Ohuruogu told BBC Radio 5 Live. "To have your name read out a lot along with the names of inspirational people is great. It'll take time to sink in." GB sailing team manager Stephen Park becomes an OBE and boxing coach Terry Edwards becomes an MBE.

Hamilton's MBE rounds off an astonishing year after he won won the Formula One championship in 2008 and was Sports Personality of the Year runner-up. The 23-year-old McLaren driver received a personally written note of congratulations from the Queen. "It is a massive honour and incredible privilege," said Hamilton. "It is the most amazing culmination to what has been quite a year for me."

KNIGHTHOODS

Chris Hoy , cyclist, for services to sport.
John Madejski , for charitable services.

COMMANDERS OF THE ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE - CBE

Ben Ainslie , sailor, for services to sport.
David Brailsford , performance director, British Cycling, for services to sport.
Lee Pearson , for services to equestrianism and disabled sport.
David Roberts , swimmer, services to disabled sport.
David Tanner , performance director, GB Rowing Team, for services to sport.
Bradley Wiggins , cyclist, for services to sport

OFFICERS OF THE ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE - OBE

Rebecca Adlington , swimmer, for services to sport.
Sarah Ayton , sailor, for services to sport.
Cheryl Danson , chair England Netball, for services to sport.
Ellen Hunter , cycling pilot guide, for services to disabled sport.
Rhydian James Morgan-Jones , for services to the horseracing industry.
Darren Kenny , cyclist, for services to disabled sport.
Sascha Kindred , swimmer, for services to disabled sport.
Philip Lane , chief executive Paralympics GB, for services to sport.
Brian McCargo , for services to sport and to the Special Olympics in Northern Ireland.
Aileen McGlynn , cyclist, for services to disabled sport.
Stephen Park , manager, British Olympic Sailing Team, for services to sport.
Iain Percy , sailor, for services to sport.
Timothy Reddish , national performance director for disability swimming, for services to sport.
Sarah Storey , cyclist, for services to disabled sport.
Peter Warburton , director of sport, University of Durham, for services to higher education and sport.
Sarah Webb , sailor, for services to sport.
Stephen Williams , rower, for services to sport.

MEMBERS OF THE ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE - MBE

Harold Alderman , boxing historian, for services to sporting heritage.
Robert Bloomfield , for voluntary service to rugby union in Northern Ireland.
Tim Brabants , canoeist, for services to sport.
Mark Bristow , cyclist, for services to disabled sport.
Tony Burns , for voluntary service to amateur boxing.
Sophie Christiansen , equestrian, for services to disabled sport.
Edward Clancy , cyclist, for services to sport.
Nicole Cooke , cyclist, for services to sport.
Bernard Cotton , director, Team GB holding camp, for services to sport.
Jody Cundy , cyclist, for services to disabled sport.
James DeGale , middleweight boxer, for services to sport.
Ms Leslie Dillingham , for voluntary service to equestrian sport.
Anne Dunham , equestrian, for services to disabled sports.
Terry Edwards , Team GB head boxing coach, for services to sport.
Gerald Ells , for services to veterans' tennis.
Major Stephen Farley , Team GB quartermaster, for services to sport.
Dr John Gillespie , for voluntary service to horseracing in Northern Ireland.
Paul Goodison , sailor for services to sport.
Dave Haller , swimming coach, for services to sport.
Lewis Hamilton , Formula One driver, for services to motor racing.
Andrew Triggs Hodge , rower, for services to sport.
Mark Hunter , rower, for services to sport.
Thomas James , rower, for services to sport.
Christopher Martin-Jenkins , cricket commentator and journalist, for services to sport.
Anthony Kappes , cyclist, for services to disabled sport.
Jason Kenny , cyclist, for services to sport.
Lieutenant Commander Brian Maddock , chief umpire, Wimbledon Championships, for services to tennis.
Paul Manning , cyclist, for services to sport.
Owen McGhee , services to sport and to charity.
Christine Ohuruogu , athlete, for services to sport.
Annabel Oxley , for voluntary service to injured jockeys.
Victoria Pendleton , cyclist, for services to sport.
Zachary Purchase , rower, for services to sport.
Billy Pye , British swimming head disability coach, for services to sport.
Peter Reed , rower, for services to sport.
Simon Richardson , cyclist, for services to disabled sport.
Rebecca Romero , cyclist, for services to sport.
Eleanor Simmonds , swimmer, for services to disabled sport.
Andrew Simpson , sailor, for services to sport.
Jamie Staff , cyclist, for services to sport.
David Stone , cyclist, for services to disabled sport.
Barney Storey , cycling pilot, for services to disabled sport.
Geraint Thomas , cyclist, for services to sport.
Matthew Walker , swimmer, for services to disabled sport.
David Weir , wheelchair racer, for services to disabled sport.
Philippa Wilson , sailor, for services to sport.
Edward Wingrave , for services to cycling.

#555 Rad Monkey

Rad Monkey

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1861 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:02 PM

Imagine if Michael Phelps had been English, they would have made him king.

--------
--------

#556 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20700 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

Redgrave's a Sir. Better Olympian than Phelps as well imo. As is Bolt.