682 replies to this topic

#41 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:29 AM

I just liked Paves' list because he brought back some names I haven't seen around here for awhile.

alright, makes sense.

the lame thing wasn't directed at you either, just at how I have no connection to the board anymore. continue on with the voting.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8689o

#42 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

kind of surprised at the lack of Coolrock in these lists

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#43 WP64

WP64

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:52 AM

*ahem* I don't post for 2 days and everyone forgets their favorite SOMBie!

#44 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:55 AM

Go Bears!

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#45 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

I just liked Paves' list because he brought back some names I haven't seen around here for awhile.

alright, makes sense.

the lame thing wasn't directed at you either, just at how I have no connection to the board anymore. continue on with the voting.

Cinnamon Cooter, I am sorry that I didn't list you at least 20 times. You hold a special place in my heart that is much bigger than the internet itself.

My list is a personal one. Boarders who have entertained me, boarders who have influenced me (as a music listener and as a human being), boarders whose sheer grasp of style absolutely slays me... the only way to objectively evaluate who is great and who pollutes this absolutely fantastic/pretty decent/piss poor excuse for a "message board" is to throw out names and say, "Excellent boarder," or "Good boarder... kind of bitchy, but a good boarder," or "May Jesus strike this poster dead," or "Who?" But that's been done in more entertaining ways than I could ever follow through with.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#46 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

1. sausage
2. williamtell
3. good dr bill
4. rogermexico
5. damo sazuki

mods lock this thread

mitchell please disregard that list. i wasn't thinking clearly at the time.

official
1. madrox
2. williamtell
3. good dr bill
4. rogermexico
5. damo suzuki

#47 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

alright, makes sense.

Cinnamon Cooter, I am sorry that I didn't list you at least 20 times. You hold a special place in my heart that is much bigger than the internet itself.

My list is a personal one. Boarders who have entertained me, boarders who have influenced me (as a music listener and as a human being), boarders whose sheer grasp of style absolutely slays me... the only way to objectively evaluate who is great and who pollutes this absolutely fantastic/pretty decent/piss poor excuse for a "message board" is to throw out names and say, "Excellent boarder," or "Good boarder... kind of bitchy, but a good boarder," or "May Jesus strike this poster dead," or "Who?" But that's been done in more entertaining ways than I could ever follow through with.

Nothing on you either paves. I don't plan on seeing C-Poots on any lists because, well, I'm not a good boarder but it re-enforces my point. you are one of the only boarders who I've grown to like and continued to like through out most of this interneting. I was just saying, as someone who slowly started to become disconnected with the on-goings of the board, things have become different around here. The mood of the entire Et Cetera section has become an episode of The OC. A place where the "cools" talk about the "losers" and we all discuss ourselves.

I just think this side of the forum has become tired and the music side has too but that is more that my musical tastes have been shifting again (anyone wanna upload some butthole surfers?)

anyway, sorry for ranting but I think this thread is one of the dumbest/overdone ideas this board has ever had.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8689o

#48 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:43 AM

You're right about both forums, C-Pootz. Etc. is full of emotionally retarded people and posters who enjoy baiting them. As a lifelong Mitchell Stirling supporter, though, I approve of this thread. You all know it had to happen sooner or later.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

#49 DrAftershave

DrAftershave

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:44 AM

excuse me while i cry.
I fully support people doing drugs on the streets. I'm sick and tired of people being selfish by doing drugs in the privacy of their own homes. Do it on the streets where you can share with your friends and neighbors. It's the Christian thing to do.

#50 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:01 AM

Castana is pretty much guaranteed to end up about 300 spots lower than he deserves to on this one.
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#51 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:07 AM

incidentally, this thread is so exactly what the board needs right now

#52 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8963 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:18 AM

1. Bhickman 2. raj 3. sausage 4. Pavement Ist Rad 5. The Good Dr Bill 6. yancy 7. Mitchell Stirling/Clem the Gem 8. DJxdee/ddd 9. Jigga 10. wakingrufus 11. john the cool kid 12. jenny penny/Save it for yr iVillage blog 13. st. park 14. slackmo 15. micropenis 16. Damo Suzuki 17. brent_d/very metal 18. chrono 19. typical pickle conflicts 20. avec 21. Nick 22. jerkass 23. Melissa 24. efrim 25. Freddie Freelance 26. falling and laughing 27. pinkerton 28. vurt 29. williamtell 30. coolrock 31. zero/curse Of millhaven 32. bruegel 33. BGwaves 34. _jon 35. Ben 36. Some Girl 37. TJENZ 38. ryan 39. Destro 40. kmac/without opinion 41. Okcompinkerton/Sherriff Sam/cpl-593h 42. Jess 43. Midnight Vulture 44. nic 45. Saskadelphia 46. kalmia 47. yellowgrrl/jasmine 48. Klein 49. simakos 50. oven mitt

#53 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:23 AM

01. Undo 02. Jerkass 03. Nick 04. William Tell 05. TJENZ 06. Damo Suzuki 07. The Good Dr. Bill 08. Brett Hickman 09. Typical Pickle Conflicts 10. St. Park 11. Avec 12. Useless Rocker 13. Jigga 14. Slackmo 15. John The Cool Kid 16. Raj 17. Elastico 18. Micropenis 19. Deej 20. Ben Welsh 21. Mitchell Stirling 22. Castaņa 23. Nic/Frankie Teardrop/Mutant Disco 24. Petey 25. I-C 26. Ted Falconi/Mike Dixon 27. Bleach 28. Ryan 29. Burzum 30. Zero As A Limit 31. Sask 32. Biggie 33. Vurt 34. Helmet 52 35. Seņor Wences EDIT: 1:35 pm, 8/08/08, another edit. Had to squeeze in Helmet and I-C. Hopefully that's it. 9:27 pm... DEEJ lol
Posted Image

#54 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

oh good now I can just C&P from your list instead of having to figure out how to do the tilda thing on my grandmother's computer

#55 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:32 AM

micropenis?
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#56 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:38 AM

Where is the love for Scratchy? Neo Beatnik? Vlad A? In all seriousness, though, I'm surprised that no one has voted for Morgan yet. Although, this thread has only just begun.
Posted Image

#57 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:52 AM

not voting for the four SOMBies I met in real life (scarymuppet, Rob Gordon, Kmac and Mitch, the last of which I wouldn't have voted for anyway on principle by virtue of his (possibly) conducting this poll) 50 Ben / BGWaves (much hate for both of these guys lots of the time, but contributions are undeniable) 49 Chrono 48 Alky 47 Diesel 46 Tjenz 45 Avec 44 Zero as a Limit 43 Biggie 42 stphone 41 Ryan (whatever happened to him? used to be core guy, but feel like he hasn't posted in years) 40 __Jon 39 Hero 38 Mike Dixon 37 Agrimorfee 36 Hewlett's Daughter 35 Coolrock (great and important border but bound to be overrated) 34 St. Park 33 Elco 32 Rufus 31 Midnite Vulture 30 John the Cool Kid 29 Yancy (bumped down 10-20 spots for real-life flakiness) 28 Paul 27 Kalmia 26 Sister Hell 25 Williamtell 24 Tony 23 Cpl-593h (ok so I met Sam in real life too but he introduced me to the board so he's gotta be on here) 22 Sask 21 Castana 20 Some Girl 19 Morgan (unfortunately neglected, largely because TPC filled his board role so beautifully, and is possibly the same person dunno) 18 Musicgurl 17 Sickpup 16 RoBKoZ 15 Deej 14 Damo 13 Velocity 12 Pink (largely for efforts this summer) 11 Jess 10 Nick 9 Scottpl 8 Typical Pickle Conflicts / Jerkass 7 Bhickman 6 Forgo 5 Raj 4 Sausage 3 Paves 2 Undo 1 Slackmo (humor, knowledge, consistency, versatility, taste and longevity--model SOMBie)

#58 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:56 AM

24 Tony

for one beautiful second i had hope
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#59 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:57 AM

So should we count Jerkass and Typical Pickle Conflicts as separate entities or as one unstoppable phenomenon? TPC's boarding history includes that of Jerkass, but they are clearly two different identities. I could go either way with this, really.
Posted Image

#60 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:00 AM

can we get an over/under on Montana's placement on this list? He'll def. get top 100 based on sheer name recognition, but is he too polarizing to get in the top 50? What about Ace--has it been long enough for anyone to create a revisionist argument about his Advanced Boarding? Newwaverdawn: simply ahead of her time?

24 Tony

for one beautiful second i had hope

what, you're on there

or did you just really want to be ahead of Williamtell for some reason

So should we count Jerkass and Typical Pickle Conflicts as separate entities or as one unstoppable phenomenon?

TPC's boarding history includes that of Jerkass, but they are clearly two different identities.

I could go either way with this, really.

I dunno, I just couldn't afford to spend two top ten votes on the same award-collector