http://www.sendspace.com/file/puyfyj
Posted Image

#2 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:25 AM

He took their new single, The Shock Of the Lightning, into Radio 1's breakfast show today for its first official play. The tour kicks off with two nights at the Liverpool Echo Arena on 7 October, the day after Oasis's new album, Dig Out Your Soul, is released. Another track, Falling Down, was leaked on to the internet this week. It has been remixed by the Chemical Brothers as a b-side to the new single. For the first time, Oasis are releasing a limited edition box set of the new album, containing vinyl discs, CDs, a DVD and a hardback book. The DVD features films recorded during the album sessions. Gallagher, who'd apparently been drinking until 6am, also managed to get in few digs directed at Mark Ronson and Amy Winehouse. He described Scouting For Girls as "Scouting For Idiots" and compared Winehouse to a "destitute horse". Spot the resemblance, Noel was presented with a cake Of Brit-winner Ronson, he said: "He wants to write his own tunes instead of ruining everyone else's. "Mark Ronson needs to learn three chords on the guitar and write a tune." Gallagher also had a pop at Kaiser Chiefs, he said: "The Monkees haven't split up, they're just going under the name of the Kaiser Chiefs. "I did drugs for 18 years and I never got that bad as to say, 'You know what? I think the Kaiser Chiefs are brilliant.'"
Posted Image

#3 Music Saves

Music Saves

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:38 AM

TUNE!!!!!!!!!
"The public are collectively fucking retarded." - tylerdurden74 "The world is filled with people who are no longer needed - and who try to make slaves of all of us - and they have their music and we have ours - theirs, the wasted songs of a superstitious nightmare - and without their musical and ideological miscarriages to compare our song of freedom to, we'd not have any opposite to compare music with - and like the drifting wind, hitting against no obstacle, we'd never know it's speed, it's power..." Woody Guthrie

#4 r.i.p.

r.i.p.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2460 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

I'll ignore the fact that this is the 43rd Oasis thread... Seriously? You guys are excited by this? That chorus is ridiculous, and, yes, references the Beatles in such a meaningless way. This band has a vocabulary of 4 words and 2 chords. More couplets ending in "-in," "-ine" and "-een." Oh, can't wait to hear the song with the John Lennon sample in it, innit? This band is the new Status Quo.

#5 Chicken Invaders!

Chicken Invaders!

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

Well, as a first single, this tears the shit out of "Lyla"

#6 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

I'll ignore the fact that this is the 43rd Oasis thread...

Seriously? You guys are excited by this? That chorus is ridiculous, and, yes, references the Beatles in such a meaningless way. This band has a vocabulary of 4 words and 2 chords. More couplets ending in "-in," "-ine" and "-een." Oh, can't wait to hear the song with the John Lennon sample in it, innit?

This band is the new Status Quo.

are you the new damon albarn?
Posted Image

#7 torrance

torrance

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

Well, as a first single, this tears the shit out of "Lyla"

aye, and that was on a pretty decent album, so for what seems like the billionth time, i'm cautiously optimistic for a new oasis reccud

#8 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:01 AM

another link

http://www.fileden.c...20Lightning.mp3
Posted Image

#9 Chicken Invaders!

Chicken Invaders!

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

DBTT was a very good record, "Lyla" was the worst song on it... ok, no it wasn't, "Let There Be Love" was. Besides those two songs, though. So yeah. I am now really looking forward to hearing Dig Out Your Soul. "Shock" is really fucking catchy.

#10 shimmy

shimmy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

9 tracks to go! actually 10 to go, iTunes says there is a bonus track good time o be a fan!

#11 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:18 AM

face it naysayers i predicted this long ago. oasis will have the album of the year.
Posted Image

#12 hinsey21

hinsey21

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

2 tracks in I am very excited. I am all for this single and falling down is pretty impressive, i really dug ain't got nothing on me.....so i am well on my way to falling in love with this album you guys see the big deluxe vinyl box with all that shit...yeah i just ordered that

#13 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3550 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

Dude, why don't you just create one big Oasis thread? Are we going to get a new thread every time there's a single dropped or news leaks that Liam found corn in his shit this morning, but mysteriously didn't remember eating corn?

#14 hinsey21

hinsey21

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

yeah turns out he did eat the corn...he just forgot...so everything is ok

#15 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3550 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

yeah turns out he did eat the corn...he just forgot...so everything is ok

Actually, he didn't. A few kernels just fell off when Noel removed the cob.

#16 r.i.p.

r.i.p.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2460 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

face it naysayers i predicted this long ago. oasis will have the album of the year.

You are absolutely delusional. Why is this the album of the year? Because you say it is? Are you a Chinese passport official?

What is special about it? These lyrics are inane. ("love is a time machine/up on the silver screen") The songwriting is recycled. The production is brash, heavy-handed and, yet, somehow muddled. (The way that guitar just sits buried in the mix at 3:36? Weak.)

Even if I were to admit it's up to their old stuff (it's not), that would still mean that the "album of the year" is just repeating a fucking record from 1995? Culture hopefully isn't that dead yet.

#17 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

brent. amen. so, are we really gonna have a new fucking thread for each shitty Oasis song that surfaces? awethome.

#18 JeffTweedysFatStomach

JeffTweedysFatStomach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

I'm not really feeling this song. I really enjoyed Falling Down but this is kind of boring and doesn't really have much of a hook to it. I had enjoyed the clip but I didn't think that clip would essentially be the same as the entire song.

#19 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

tune is mega you get a buzz off of it and reenforces liam is the greatest singer in rock.
Posted Image

#20 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

:lol: