4 replies to this topic

#1 maxexactly

maxexactly

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

why no beach house thread?

last album really got me and then 2008 came and devotion is my shit big time. top 5 of the year.

if you havn't heard them check pitchfork, they just put up for a performance of devotion highlight 'gila'. Check out the cool riffage. Check how she gets her nico on with certain vocal inflections. Check the awesome verse, chorus, and coda. They got more where that came from. Check them out if you havn't imo.

#2 Swanstradamus

Swanstradamus

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

why no beach house thread?

last album really got me and then 2008 came and devotion is my shit big time. top 5 of the year.

if you havn't heard them check pitchfork, they just put up for a performance of devotion highlight 'gila'. Check out the cool riffage. Check how she gets her nico on with certain vocal inflections. Check the awesome verse, chorus, and coda. They got more where that came from. Check them out if you havn't imo.

Beach House are great, some find em boring, but especially after seeing them you gotta love em! Agreed on top 10 of 08 on Devotion. Also have a 7 inch with a new song and a real early recoding coming out soon.
Posted Image

#3 SirGabriel

SirGabriel

Lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

Yeah I lovem'. "Gila" is a great song off Devotion

#4 Swanstradamus

Swanstradamus

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

Yeah I lovem'. "Gila" is a great song off Devotion

Speaking of just noticed there is a nice video on Pitchfork.tv playing that exact song, that and the recent Black Cab Session video really show how well their sound comes out in intimate environments.
Posted Image

#5 Ogawa

Ogawa

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

I really enjoyed the first album, but Devotion is ZZZzzzZzz's for me.
Few beings have ever been so impregnated, pierced to the core, by the conviction of the absolute futility of human aspiration. The universe is nothing but a furtive arrangement of elementary particles. A figure in transition toward chaos. That is what will finally prevail. The human race will disappear. Other races in turn will appear and disappear. And human actions are as free and as stripped of meaning as the unfettered movements of the elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, sentiments? Pure ‘Victorian fictions.’ All that exists is egotism. Cold, intact, and radiant.

Michel Houellebecq