20 replies to this topic

#1 RadioHitchcock

RadioHitchcock

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1541 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:15 AM

this is so hip. so far they played Coldplay and MGMT in the first two-minutes and name dropped McLovin and said vagina. ;)
Sorry, I was being pretentious. Please don't mess with my stars.

#2 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:24 AM

The Soap Opera channel aired a 12 hour marathon of the original 90210 yesterday. I was compelled to watch several episodes, I had almost forgotten how cheesily awesome the show was.
Elbow Deep In Chocolate Daily "Beauty is only a light switch away." - Chef Dale "And in the words of Albert Schweitzer...I fancy you." - Eddie Izzard "I haven't felt this devastated since Krakow was left standing with his bike, and Jordan Catalano pulled away with Angela." -- Janeane Garofalo

#3 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

The music supervisor on this must be a regular VH1 watcher. :lol:
Elbow Deep In Chocolate Daily "Beauty is only a light switch away." - Chef Dale "And in the words of Albert Schweitzer...I fancy you." - Eddie Izzard "I haven't felt this devastated since Krakow was left standing with his bike, and Jordan Catalano pulled away with Angela." -- Janeane Garofalo

#4 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:40 AM

i am in favor of music embedding in this thread, i was hoping to open it up and hear the opening riff to the theme song
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#5 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:27 AM

Watching now. It is going to take more than dropping the word vagina to win my love for the original away.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#6 Nick

Nick

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6011 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:28 AM

Isn't the black guy from The Wire on this show?

#7 killerparties

killerparties

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1876 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

Isn't the black guy from The Wire on this show?

lol.

My one friend said that she felt weird being attracted to Tristan (main man's name, he played Michael) on The Wire, because he was supposed to be 13/14, but he's a damned heart-breaker.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 dice

dice

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:48 PM

The Soap Opera channel aired a 12 hour marathon of the original 90210 yesterday. I was compelled to watch several episodes, I had almost forgotten how cheesily awesome the show was.

early years, anyway. later years were just painful
http://www.kiva.org

make a difference
99% repayment!

#9 dice

dice

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

this is so hip.

so far they played Coldplay and MGMT in the first two-minutes and name dropped McLovin and
said vagina.

'vagina', not 'vag'?

pfft. that's not hip

make a difference
99% repayment!

#10 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Watching now.

It is going to take more than dropping the word vagina to win my love for the original away.

Yeah, it's not very good.

Will not download again.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#11 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

It was excruciatingly long at two hours. Plus, pathetic to see Jennie Garth and Shannon Doherty scavenging their own 15 minutes. Love how the Peach Pit is now a hip "ultra lounge," though.
The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden ***** Anthony B, Independent, March 16 Black Mountain, Rickshaw Stop, March 20 Earthless, Wooden Shjips, Cafe du Nord, March 28 Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, Great American Music Hall, April 19 Opeth, Enslaved, Regency Grand Ballroom, May 14 Sun Kil Moon, Great American Music Hall, May 29

#12 Bindy

Bindy

Neophyte

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:35 PM

I can't believe I forgot to watch. This is the worst thing ever!
The first three notes just happen to be do-re-mi

#13 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

I can't believe I forgot to watch. This is the worst thing ever!

If you live in the Chicago area WGN is going to rerun the premiere on Thursday at 7pm.

#14 dice

dice

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

Love how the Peach Pit is now a hip "ultra lounge," though.

next thing you're gonna tell me is that nat is, err...nattily dressed

make a difference
99% repayment!

#15 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

This show needs a brooding bad boy. Where's the Dylan McKay in the place. Every teen angst tv show needs a brooding bad boy type.

#16 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

I only need to know one thing: Is Shannen Doherty likely to make this 40 year-old have all kinds of squirmy thoughts for an hour? If so, I'll tune in. If not, I'll defer my fantasy life 'til LOST returns and I can get all het up about Evangeline Lilly.

#17 Bindy

Bindy

Neophyte

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

Will there be a cougar storyline for Brenda?
The first three notes just happen to be do-re-mi

#18 Meldrick Lewis

Meldrick Lewis

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

I only need to know one thing: Is Shannen Doherty likely to make this 40 year-old have all kinds of squirmy thoughts for an hour? If so, I'll tune in. If not, I'll defer my fantasy life 'til LOST returns and I can get all het up about Evangeline Lilly.

I may be a Heathers/Mallrats/Charmed Doherty guy but not a 90210 one.

#19 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:20 PM

I may be a Heathers/Mallrats/Charmed Doherty guy but not a 90210 one.

Ah - a discriminating fantasist. Huh. You don't tune into reruns of 90210 on Soap Opera network and go, "C'mon Brenda, spit in Kelly's mouth.. that's right... treat her like a dumpster cunt whore!" Cuz I sure d -

Oh - revealing too much?

#20 Meldrick Lewis

Meldrick Lewis

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

I can't wade through the scenes just for tit. Sorry, the show's too dumb. Also can't watch Sex In The City, Desperate Housewives or most reality shows. The L Word, that I can watch, unedited, of course.