704 replies to this topic

#301 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:59 PM

Ironic that two guys that are often placed on a pedestal as the best boarders, Diesel & Damo, have spoilet this thread for Mitch and made him leave.

What are you talking about?

Well despite the fact there where going to be serious and non-serious blurbs for most of the top 40 in an attempt to do something amusing for both the hardcore LOPPites and the regular SOMBies to enjoy as well as getting people who are nothing to do with LOPP to write blurbs for each other and spending quite a bit of time on this as a good read for everyone it's been spoilt.

did you read this?
You & Diesel put out the spoilers about who is doing a couple of the blurbs.

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#302 demoncleaner

demoncleaner

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:00 PM

1. FUCK. I was pretty sure I was just about to make the poll, too. Not Top 40, but I would've been happy with anything; I got at least five votes. Yeah, I can be selfish sometimes too. But after six years of posting here, the recognition of my peers would have been nice. I think most of the top 102 would say the same.

See! Now the last six years of this mans life have been wasted! Good one velocity. <_<

#303 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:01 PM

Odd that Velocity would consider Forgo a worse boarder than Jigga. I put Forgo on my best boarders list and stand behind my revised list.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#304 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

Couple of thoughts:

1. FUCK. I was pretty sure I was just about to make the poll, too. Not Top 40, but I would've been happy with anything; I got at least five votes. Yeah, I can be selfish sometimes too. But after six years of posting here, the recognition of my peers would have been nice. I think most of the top 102 would say the same.

your contributions to the WWE thread are invaluable.
you are a member of the Mega Powers
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#305 Diesel

Diesel

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

Ironic that two guys that are often placed on a pedestal as the best boarders, Diesel & Damo, have spoilet this thread for Mitch and made him leave.

Well despite the fact there where going to be serious and non-serious blurbs for most of the top 40 in an attempt to do something amusing for both the hardcore LOPPites and the regular SOMBies to enjoy as well as getting people who are nothing to do with LOPP to write blurbs for each other and spending quite a bit of time on this as a good read for everyone it's been spoilt.

did you read this?

Can't speak for Damo, but Velocity let that cat out of the bag. I'd gladly replace that post with a picture of Rivers Cuomo or something if it would bring Mitch back, though, believe me.

#306 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3550 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

My posting has decreased quite a bit since last spring, but my time on the site hasn't. I have just chosen to stay on the sidelines and wait for things to cool off. But a handful of you are being way more immature than the LOPPers who set the site into chaos a couple months ago...

Ent: I exchanged PMs with you during the Great LOPP Invasion of 2008, and shared your viewpoint. But your inability to let things return to normal and your insistence on continuing the unfunny photoshop posting is inexplicable. I am not offended by them. I'm offended by how little comedic value they have.

Velocity: What exactly was your point in posting that? No matter what side you fall on in the SOMBvsLOPP debate/war, you had to love this thread. I didn't see anything mean-spirited in the screenshots you posted, so all you did was piss off one of the few posters who has tried in vain to hold this place together. With Slackmo's posting down to minimal levels, Mitch is one of the few SOMBies that are a must-read. Thanks, you just made the board a much worse place.

BooRadley'sBoy: I had you on my friends list when you were Brainstorm, and have been supportive of you for the most part, since I have friends who are bipolar, and understand the highs and lows. But recently you have embraced the villain role and spent way too much time either responding to the juvenile attacks against you or making the juvenile attacks yourself. And looking at your posts, the nasty ones are scattered in with "good" ones, which makes me think you just enjoy the notoriety. Stop trying to be Montana, and start ignoring a post every once in a while.

There are a group of people who decided to start another board. Get over it. Stop wasting all your energy trying to undermine their board, it won't work. You'll make the war on drugs look like a smashing success.

#307 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

did you read this?

Can't speak for Damo, but Velocity let that cat out of the bag. I'd gladly replace that post with a picture of Rivers Cuomo or something if it would bring Mitch back, though, believe me.

I missed that post. My bad.

How would Velocity know who is blurbing who?

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#308 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

I didn't know Nick was blurbing Nick though~! I was surprised and delighted. Sometimes, I do read spoilers online on the new issue of Avengers or for a movie. Sometimes I just can't wait for something to be revealed. Guilty.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#309 Complain

Complain

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3463 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Wow. Didn't see that one coming. :blink:

All my life i wanted to be black.
Until i saw your picture, now i wanna be you.

http://www.myspace.com/hipbyproxy

#310 demoncleaner

demoncleaner

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

I used to always seek out the secret Christmas present stash and find out what I was getting. It didn't dampen my excitement on Christmas morning, the final realisation of what I knew was coming just made the pleasure all the more deep. At least that's how it was last year.

#311 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:11 PM

I used to think I was a fairly immature 50 year old. Now I feel wise and quite mature compared to some of the likes here.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#312 Vivian Darkbloom

Vivian Darkbloom

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4426 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:11 PM

In all seriousness, though...I don't really see how this is so ruined by Velocity's leak. All you had were alphabetized names with blurbs assigned. Besides, the rules for the final tabulation are clearly posted in the thread's very premise, so anyone who really cares could do the math themselves if they really wanted to (unless there were several lists submitted via PM). And for real...I'm over LOPP and LOPPbitching, but I was a bit surprised/ disappointed to see Mitch over there rigging the whole thing so that LOPPers can laugh at us gullible oldsters when we take the bait and enjoy the thread. If that's actually what happened.
The God of language forgives all crimes. -W.H. Auden ***** Anthony B, Independent, March 16 Black Mountain, Rickshaw Stop, March 20 Earthless, Wooden Shjips, Cafe du Nord, March 28 Mastodon, Kylesa, Intronaut, Great American Music Hall, April 19 Opeth, Enslaved, Regency Grand Ballroom, May 14 Sun Kil Moon, Great American Music Hall, May 29

#313 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:13 PM

Are you fucking kidding me/ Mitchell runs off like a punk ass because someone posted his final list for a poll that was stupid as hell to begin with and you lot are whining about it like a bunch of colicky babies. OMG! you people need to fucking get over yourselves already. :rolleyes:
Elbow Deep In Chocolate Daily "Beauty is only a light switch away." - Chef Dale "And in the words of Albert Schweitzer...I fancy you." - Eddie Izzard "I haven't felt this devastated since Krakow was left standing with his bike, and Jordan Catalano pulled away with Angela." -- Janeane Garofalo

#314 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

;)
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#315 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

Mitchell your thread's on fire. Man up and keep the countdown going.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#316 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Sorry, Rob, I wrote a really nice blurb for you, too. Guelan wasn't gonna do as well, but I guess there was never any plan to use whatever I wrote, anyway. Loblaw, if you really think I am somehow responsible for this, you are not a bright person. Since I am pretty sure you are a bright enough fellow, I can only conclude you're a part of the whole thing. Mitch gets to be the slain martyr and the three SOMBies the LOPP hate more than anything else get to be the goats. How amazingly convenient.

#317 BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

all sorts of chill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5776 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:22 PM

Are you fucking kidding me/ Mitchell runs off like a punk ass because someone posted his final list for a poll that was stupid as hell to begin with and you lot are whining about it like a bunch of colicky babies.

OMG!

you people need to fucking get over yourselves already.

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

(from left-right: musicgurl, velocity)

#318 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

blamestorm has become the Joe McCarthy of the board. rock on, my paranoid friend.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#319 musicgurl

musicgurl

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1498 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:24 PM

Actually Pink the woman on the right would be more fitting because I would never wear bangs, doesn't work for my face shape.
Elbow Deep In Chocolate Daily "Beauty is only a light switch away." - Chef Dale "And in the words of Albert Schweitzer...I fancy you." - Eddie Izzard "I haven't felt this devastated since Krakow was left standing with his bike, and Jordan Catalano pulled away with Angela." -- Janeane Garofalo

#320 Jess

Jess

Mistress of the bored

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5724 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

everyone just go to your rooms. you are all grounded for being insensitive, meanspirited little crybabies. This has gone beyond high school.