704 replies to this topic

#561 Duff.

Duff.

I'm a monsta, I'm a killa.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5864 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:53 AM

Cue reply about calming down, taking it easy etc that I won't reply to.

Hopefully you got some relax time on your "holiday" Mitch. Any girls around?

Man doesn't disappoint.

No, it'll be stupid, and we're already doing something stupid.
murderfbanner.gif

#562 Waylon

Waylon

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

Monty should keep out of this thread. If he really cared about lost votes he'd do his own "post-schism correction" poll. Either way, let's take the nonsense out of this thread.

Still waiting for Slackmo to delete this thread.

#563 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

What's the point? All it's going to do is cause animosity...

pot... kettle... black...

Monty, you're such a drag.

#564 Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3550 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:08 AM

Mods, please remove Montana from this thread.

#565 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

mods...plz make and pin SOMB's Favourite 102 Sombies of all time countdown discussion thread. thnx #96

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#566 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

Either way, let's take the nonsense out of this thread.

Not possible.

#567 throughsilver

throughsilver

What happened last night?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

Yeah sorry for not taking the spreadsheet on holiday with me everyone.

Line of the thread. Nice one.

Posted Image

#568 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:02 PM

Yo, BGwaves! I was listening to some Sun City Girls last night and feeling sad about how I can't play guitar like Richard Bishop, and then I remembered the prospect of jamming the fuck out and got excited. Let's get NewGrass in on this shit lol
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#569 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:36 PM

Mitch, step up the pace on this thread a little and I'll gladly do the neighborhood watch for trolling.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#570 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

Good enough for me.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#571 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

DAMN!

#082.

Posted Image

Diesel (217 Points, 6 Votes)

Noteables:

- Likes metal, Wrestling puns and Doctor Who
- Grasped the so called LOPP schism like a pro.
- Wore a Hawaiian shirt
- Little Jess's previous husband.

Oldest post on this version of board

Its only appropriate that my first post on the new board should be in this thread.

Fantasy league actually starts today, I believe. You can jump in late if need be, but I dunno what sort of participation we'll get with the short notice (this is the fault of the board crash, not you, MV.) I'll do it if we can get the same sort of participation as the last few times.

The Boogeyman is so fucking GROSS. I wonder though...with no mole, and based on what the dirtsheets are saying and JBL's somewhat shoddy treatment of her as of late, I have to wonder if a face turn is in the cards for Jillian. She's pretty cute, if a bit larger than the average diva, and with a "normal" face, she'd be more conventionally attractive to the average fan.

Few more bits of tid:

1. So Kurt Angle's a babyface now? Wha? He was definitely playing more to the crowd, and was directing the "YOU SUCK" chants at Daivari last week. I'm a bit pissed that they gave the belt to a non-Smackdown (at the time) worker when they have talent right in front of them, though. No slam to Kurt, who deserves the belt, but really...Randy Orton is RIGHT THERE, people! If they wanted a heel champion going into Mania, he's the guy for the job. Speaking of inexplicable face/heel turns, he almost looks like he's gonna turn AGAIN given this Booker T storyline. For one thing, turning him face now will undo all the work they've done in recent months to make him this evil heartless bastard (though he's not acting like one lately), and for another thing, putting him in the U.S. title picture is a step back.

2. Orlando Jordan. Bisexual angle. Coming soon.

3. So these Gymini guys are those Shane twins I've read so much about in the dirtsheets, eh? The guys who basically forced TNA to stop calling Matt Bentley "Michael Shane?" And they're not even using the fucking name? Lame.

4. Items that can be found on WWE Auctions: all the divas' bras and panties from the New Year's Revolution gauntlet match and three pillows from the Edge/Lita "Live Sex Celebration."

5. Heidenreich. Released.

Most recent post.

Damnit.

Damnit.

Damnit.

DAMNIT.

DAMNIT.

DAMNIT.

Posted Image

I. HATE. BIG. DAVE. SO. FUCKING. MUCH.

Classic post

My boarding philosophy:

1. Only post when you have something remotely intelligent to say or can actually contribute to a topic.

2. The saying may be crude, but it's correct: arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard.

3. No one really wants to read or hear about what I fucking had for lunch. The insignificant details of my life aren't message board fodder: be interesting, or at least try to.

4. This is a message board, not a chat room.

5. As Patrick Swayze said in the American classic "Road House": Be nice, until it's time not to be nice.

6. Far too many people use the internet as an excuse to be complete douchebags and say things they'd never say in real life because they'd get their asses kicked. I'm not that guy.

7. As per the first part of Rule 6, don't take shit totally seriously. It's a message board, not brain surgery. See also Rule 2.

Most popular thread: Music: The big thread o' Bob Mould Because I want to. Etc: Doctor Who to debut in USA Friday night Only one year behind our Brit friends...

SOMBies Say:

I've hung out with you and your wife on at least two seperate occasions and you seem to hate my gutsJess

ahhh that sucks. Happend to me too. I was in a bad place though, too much drinking and sleeping around. Totally deserved it. At the time, if I could have dumped myself I would have. Montana

A gallon of diesel is already $10 here. Mitchell

Why so cranky dude? Rob Gordon

Ranked Highest By: Efirm
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#572 M_Rots

M_Rots

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4277 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

My boarding philosophy:

1. Only post when you have something remotely intelligent to say or can actually contribute to a topic.

2. The saying may be crude, but it's correct: arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard.

3. No one really wants to read or hear about what I fucking had for lunch. The insignificant details of my life aren't message board fodder: be interesting, or at least try to.

5. As Patrick Swayze said in the American classic "Road House": Be nice, until it's time not to be nice.

6. Far too many people use the internet as an excuse to be complete douchebags and say things they'd never say in real life because they'd get their asses kicked. I'm not that guy.

7. As per the first part of Rule 6, don't take shit totally seriously. It's a message board, not brain surgery. See also Rule 2.

This explains so much.

#573 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

Diesel is a key member of the mega powers
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#574 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

If this poll had gone down after the latest Diesel renaissance he would've finished top 20, easy. And deserved it.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#575 Diesel

Diesel

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1410 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

That's an acceptable finish. Frankly I'm shocked I finished in the poll at all, particularly at the time the vote was taken. And it's somehow fitting that the bookended posts were both in the WWE Thread, one of the two places I've always felt most comfortable here. Though it's embarassing now to read a post where I was ever complimentary of that jackass Randy Orton.

#576 NewGrass

NewGrass

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:38 AM

Yo, BGwaves! I was listening to some Sun City Girls last night and feeling sad about how I can't play guitar like Richard Bishop, and then I remembered the prospect of jamming the fuck out and got excited.

Let's NewGrass in on this shit lol

what?
aleyna> i just scare off hipsters by putting my cigarette out in their eyes
aleyna> that teaches them not to get in my way.

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis
Posted Image
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Efourman

#577 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:43 AM

i need to remember to read this before i sign on the SOMB everyday. these are words to live by and i break too many of these rules... this should be posted in those "board rules" threads that rufus pinned.

Classic post

My boarding philosophy:

#578 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:57 AM

Yo, BGwaves! I was listening to some Sun City Girls last night and feeling sad about how I can't play guitar like Richard Bishop, and then I remembered the prospect of jamming the fuck out and got excited.

Let's get NewGrass in on this shit lol

what?

You're in our supergroup.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#579 NewGrass

NewGrass

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

Let's get NewGrass in on this shit lol

what?

You're in our supergroup.

oh, I'm down. I can play a lot of wind instruments too! :P
aleyna> i just scare off hipsters by putting my cigarette out in their eyes
aleyna> that teaches them not to get in my way.

"Before you play two notes learn how to play one note - and don't play one note unless you've got a reason to play it." - Mark Hollis
Posted Image
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Efourman

#580 Waylon

Waylon

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:06 AM

If this poll had gone down after the latest Diesel renaissance he would've finished top 20, easy. And deserved it.

Absolutely, and if I took my list seriously he'd definitely be up there.

Still waiting for Slackmo to delete this thread.