200 replies to this topic

#21 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8673 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

I'm trying to download it now on iTunes but their saying not enough memory. Too many downloads right now I guess.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 SonicAlligator

SonicAlligator

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:05 PM

http://www.mediafire...php?jiji4nmmz53

I enjoy the chorus a lot, but I think the verses a little weak. Nonetheless, the E Street Band delivers. That whistle solo is great.
"Someone must be sleeping because all is quiet."

#23 MuteSuperstar

MuteSuperstar

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:34 PM

I'm trying to download it now on iTunes but their saying not enough memory. Too many downloads right now I guess.

I think it's actually Montana frantically refreshing the customer reviews page for Chinese Democracy to find more stuff to cut and paste.

#24 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8673 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

I think it's actually Montana frantically refreshing the customer reviews page for Chinese Democracy to find more stuff to cut and paste.

Actually I just grabbed it off Bruce's site.

Thanks though Sonic.

#25 Heretix

Heretix

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:56 AM

Goddamn. Bruce has finally become the Mellencamp he has always threatened to become. Fuck.

#26 Pookie

Pookie

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:37 AM

Goddamn. Bruce has finally become the Mellencamp he has always threatened to become. Fuck.

If this song is any indication of the new album, you may be right. Ordinary lyrics ("My hands are rough from working on a dream") and, for the most part, ordinary song. I wasn't a big fan of Magic, though I enjoyed the album of Seeger covers. I know it's just one song, but wow, what an underwhelming track. Damn.

#27 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8673 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:40 AM

Underwhelmed here too. But I'll hold out until the release of the album.

#28 Pookie

Pookie

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:49 AM

Underwhelmed here too. But I'll hold out until the release of the album.

Yeah, despite "Working on a Dream," I still hope the album as a whole is a good one.

#29 ryan

ryan

God of Goldens!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4898 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

Local station is spinning it right now and you folks are right -- really, really bland.

#30 MuteSuperstar

MuteSuperstar

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

I agree it's not a great track, but yall are being a little harsh. For me this one's all about Bruce's voice. When he hits those highs there's a simple beauty there that I'm enjoying. (keeping in mind I've only liked a handful of tracks on the last couple records)

#31 norton

norton

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

Hmm, here's the album cover.

Posted Image

Why does Doug Henning pop to mind?

#32 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:05 PM

Hmm, here's the album cover.

Posted Image

Why does Doug Henning pop to mind?

wtf?

the one for the single (which i thought was the album art) was WAY better. that one is pretty f'n lame.

#33 Heretix

Heretix

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

I hate this album cover. It takes the grudgingly-acceptable concept of Magic's cover and drives it into the ground. Terrible picture of Bruce, terrible font, terrible photoshop filter effects.. it looks like this cover was made in three minutes. I agree that the single cover is (marginally) better. My hope for this album is rapidly dwindling. That's not how I'm supposed to feel about a Bruce release! (Then again I was very disappointed by Radio Nowhere as well and ended up loving Magic..)

#34 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

it reminds me of the last Fall Out Boy cover:

Posted Image

swap the Sheep for Bruce, there you go...

#35 Guy

Guy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image
Nice fivehead. Awful picture of Bruce.
Let me take you to McDonald's and order nothing but coffee.

#36 dice

dice

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

I hate this album cover. It takes the grudgingly-acceptable concept of Magic's cover and drives it into the ground.

if the two albums were to be intended as companion pieces it kinda works

reminds ME a little of bowie's 'tonight' album cover. hope the quality of the material is a bit better than that one!
http://www.kiva.org

make a difference
99% repayment!

#37 Heretix

Heretix

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

I hate this album cover. It takes the grudgingly-acceptable concept of Magic's cover and drives it into the ground.

reminds ME a little of bowie's 'tonight' album cover. hope the quality of the material is a bit better than that one!

Hey you're right. Except Tonight's cover is awesome; from far away it looks sort of like some kind of stained glass art piece. This cover is just a picture of Bruce with some bad photoshop filters. And yeah, I think at this point it is clear that this album is a bit of a companion to Magic, but by all indicators this is Magic's ugly little brother...

#38 dice

dice

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hey you're right. Except Tonight's cover is awesome; from far away it looks sort of like some kind of stained glass art piece. This cover is just a picture of Bruce with some bad photoshop filters. And yeah, I think at this point it is clear that this album is a bit of a companion to Magic, but by all indicators this is Magic's ugly little brother...

well, at least it's not like either of the other two bowie covers from that era!

Posted ImagePosted Image
http://www.kiva.org

make a difference
99% repayment!

#39 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8673 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:25 AM

Yeah, not thrilled with the cover. I always blame Landau for things like this. I do think it'll be a lesser to Magic since it's songs mostly from that session. Though Bruce did say they did some recording during the Magic tour. I wonder if he would've put it out if Obama had not won the election. Or, not have put it out so soon anyway.

#40 SonicAlligator

SonicAlligator

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:38 AM

I really like the new cover. But, then again, I also enjoy any and every picture of The Boss. Even so, I think this is a pretty cool cover.
"Someone must be sleeping because all is quiet."