Posted Image

#22 JeffTweedysFatStomach

JeffTweedysFatStomach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:37 AM

Haha, perfect one two punch there. Usually, that would remind me of the ravages of time that I have to look forward to in life. Considering it is Jordan, you might as well caption those pictures "Sexy" and "Sexier".

#23 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:38 AM

Posted Image

FRESHESS
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#24 Bleep Blop

Bleep Blop

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3515 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:48 AM

My fave MJ poster as a kid

Posted Image

Michael Jordan....the restaurant!

Posted Image

The word aficionado was made for the man
Posted Image

And he can still afford the good stuff..thanks, Hanes!

Posted Image

#25 SonicAlligator

SonicAlligator

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:20 AM

Dude's going NUTS. If you speak any negativity towards Michael Jordan in my household (especially at family get-togethers where my dad is with his brothers), you get your face smacked up. The man is a god. The greatest athlete of all time.

Posted Image

With a heart of (North Carolina) gold.

Posted Image
"Someone must be sleeping because all is quiet."
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 Mike Schank

Mike Schank

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:40 AM

Jordan can supposedly be a very bad tipper at times. Once, Charles Barkley confronted him about this. Jordan got enraged and said "Serving Michael Jordan is this guy's fucking tip!"

Yep, I caddied for a long time and heard that guys who played with Jordan always referred to him as ghost or shadow. If he owed you money he was a ghost, if you owed him money he was a shadow.

#27 Binko

Binko

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2272 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

Posted Image

^It's not great, but I took that one when we won Game 6 of the Finals, and thus the championship, over Utah in 1997. Good times. (I was working for AFP, who are now distributed by Getty.) Watching Michael Jordan play up close, wow. It was something special. The man was magic, art, and science all rolled into one.

#28 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:41 AM

wearin the 45, just to play games with you

Posted Image
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#29 Hero

Hero

Wildcard

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8995 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:43 AM

critics blame McDonald's for using a clown to draw in kids that end up making them obese.

It was never about the clown for me. I ate here so much cos of this guy, got all the collector cups

Posted Image
"the ladies have been checking me out lately.... could it be the 10 push-ups i've been cranking out every other Sunday? - Perhaps!" -Scrubs

Some people are a lot like slinkys... kinda useless, not really good for anything -but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs

Posted Image

"After much thought into this, I have finally come to a conclusion as to why the ‘Meet the Spartans’ commercial is so funny:

It is an interesting choice to have Sanjaya sing ‘I’m not gay,’ as his final words on earth. As he is plummeting into a seemingly bottomless pit, he does not say ‘dear god no,’ ‘I love you mom,’ or even simply ‘argh.’ He instead takes the moment to reaffirm to the world, in spite of their doubts, that he is not a homosexual. Not only that, but he continues to sing, despite falling to his certain death. The distinct lack of plausibility of this situation is what produces giggles from our mouth. It is the antithesis to the belief that ‘it’s funny because it is true.’
"

#30 MattDrufke

MattDrufke

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2893 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:47 AM

Dude's going NUTS. If you speak any negativity towards Michael Jordan in my household (especially at family get-togethers where my dad is with his brothers), you get your face smacked up. The man is a god. The greatest athlete of all time.

I would not invite Terry Boers over to your house anytime soon, then. Dude covered Jordan and the Bulls in those days and said if people knew any of the stories, they would be sick.

www,twitter.com/ihatemattdrufke

www.facebook.com/mattdrufke

Listen to my album, This Is Supposed To Be Fun, on Spotify, or buy it on any of the major online music services.

#31 MattW

MattW

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3564 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

Posted Image

Has anyone read this? If so, is it worthwhile?

#32 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

literally the best and most badass human being of all time larger than life like you could only dream about
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#33 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

like i can't even imagine how society could produce somebody like michael jordan
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#34 Guy

Guy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:07 AM

This game.
Posted Image

I have access to MJ's current phone number. No, I will not give it to you.
Let me take you to McDonald's and order nothing but coffee.

#35 JeffTweedysFatStomach

JeffTweedysFatStomach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

Has anyone read this? If so, is it worthwhile?

I have read that book and I would say it is essential for the true Jordan fan or even someone casually interested in the mindset of the greatest champion of all time.

The media and public never gave his second comeback the attention it deserved - especially in the wake of 9/11.

Going back over some of those Wizards games, he was in a way of even more beautiful. I have always loved the way the true greats (Bird, Sabonis, Jordan come instantly to mind) manage to conquer the game with their minds when their bodies have failed them.

What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man, a mighty mighty good man.

#36 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

Longtime complaint: media's oversaturation of the dipsy-flopsy layup against L.A. as the defining Michael Moment. It's not even in the Top 10. Or Top 100. I.e. - I still get tingles thinking about the courtside shot of Michael, hands on hips, staring down 'Zo after his aggressive elbow gave Pippen a grapefruit sized knot on his forehead. Or Michael choking Reggie. Or Michael's ridiculous from-behind block, where he'd leap...wait...then swing horizontally with a tomahawk chop to swipe the ball away...or Michael's patented one-hand fake shot to get his defender off his feet...or Michael's back-to-the-basket arch to create the neccessary inches to smoke somebody out of his jock...or Michael clapping baby powder into Kerr's face at the scoring table...or... I still love Walter more, though.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#37 JeffTweedysFatStomach

JeffTweedysFatStomach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, that Lakers move is incredibly overrated. Basically, if you consider that to be Jordan's moment - you don't know Jordan. How about when he would wave the ball behind a guy's head with one hand and the guy would be looking for it and turning around, meanwhile Jordan is blowing by him to dunk on some other unfortunate bastard? That was always a treat. There is a clip of him going 1 on 1 against some high school kids at a camp recently and just abusing them with all his signature moves and then dunking on their heads. Even still, he soars. He talks trash the whole time, too. I also love the fact that he is a gambling fiend - the man just has the need to make everythign a competition. On Bulls road trips, he used to bet guys on whose luggage would come up first at the turnstile, little did they know that he had paid off the baggage handlers to rig the game. I remember reading that MJ, Scottie, and Horace all had sons around the same time - they even wagered to see who's son had the biggest wang. Not sure who won that competition. He obviously needed to dominate women. Jordan is a wild creature created to destroy, he is capitalism personified and unleashed in the perfect human form.

#38 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

i hate this kobe bryant bullshit ugly, cocksucking motherfucker, probably a rapist jordan could gun down a supermarket filled w/ orphans and still be a saint because of his intangible swagger
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:49 PM

Jordan >>>>(x infinity) Ditka why Chicago still whacks off to that guy is beyond me.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#40 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

How about when he would wave the ball behind a guy's head with one hand and the guy would be looking for it and turning around, meanwhile Jordan is blowing by him to dunk on some other unfortunate bastard?

Ooh, good one.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...