12 replies to this topic

#1 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

This is quite a bummer. One helluva a control pitcher. They don't make 'em like you really anymore. Someone who could dominate a game without relying solely on his fastball. More young pitchers should take a cue and learn some lessons from Greg.

So farewell, Greg Maddux. I'm sure potential rookie teammates are breathing a sigh of relief that they'll never have to endure a Maddux golden shower on their leg.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#2 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:36 PM

'Bulldog'? 'Mad Dog'? Maddux: throws right, bats right, farts left. Crossword puzzle afficianado & best fielding pitcher in the history of the game with his uncanny follow-through mechanics: release, square, at-the-ready. And he always looked drunk in his player photo.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#3 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:41 PM

who
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#4 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9712 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

a baseball player he was known for his outstanding control, amazing fielding abilities, and pissing on rookies legs in teh shower.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#5 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10085 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

A god among insects. Appears to have dodged the caravan o 'roids. Unassuming, and had that cute scar on his chin. My favorite pitcher ever.

Posted Image

The Fred Rogers of baseball.

Posted Image

#6 velocity

velocity

Chanel No. ♪♫

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10085 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

23-yr averages: ERA: 3.16 WHIP: 1.143 a fucking stud.

#7 Ned Braden

Ned Braden

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1029 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

What a fucking champ. First round HOF for sure. Minimal natural talent as a pure "thrower," but one of the smartest pitchers in the history of the game. Mark Buehrle, take note: this is your goal.
ign-presents-the-history-of-ninja-gaiden

#8 Moo & Oink

Moo & Oink

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

As I recall, Maddux had an above-average fastball (92-93 was his max) in his earlier playing days. If only the Cubs had him for his entire career.

#9 theminimumcircus

theminimumcircus

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2124 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

Fuck this douche powder. Fucking people under the stairs, retarded shithole.
Wtf @ theminimuncircus retardly interjecting.

#10 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

Good time to go -- he'll always be a legend, but the last couple years have been rough.

#11 pigfuck

pigfuck

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1853 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

What a fucking champ. First round HOF for sure. Minimal natural talent as a pure "thrower," but one of the smartest pitchers in the history of the game. Mark Buehrle, take note: this is your goal.

Probably THE smartest pitcher in the history of the game outside of (maybe) Tom House, who doesn't really count cause he had zero natural skill. And maybe Nolan Ryan, but he benefitted entirely from House's theories.
make it three yards, motherfucker, and we'll have an automobile race

#12 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:47 AM

First round HOF for sure.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#13 Dread

Dread

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

Hah, everytime a player I admired during my childhood retires, it reminds me that I'm getting further away from said childhood. Maddux was one of the best. Hopefully the way he pitched won't be completely forgotten by the up-and-comers.