20 replies to this topic

#1 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

I'm looking for a nice cake for my daughter Jessica Death to Jews, but it appears I'm going to have a harder time than I thought...

Cake request for 3-year-old Hitler namesake denied
13 hours ago

EASTON, Pa. (AP) — The father of 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell, denied a birthday cake with the child's full name on it by one New Jersey supermarket, is asking for a little tolerance. Heath Campbell and his wife, Deborah, are upset not only with the decision made by the Greenwich ShopRite, but with an outpouring of angry Internet postings in response to a local newspaper article over the weekend on their flare-up over frosting.

"I think people need to take their heads out of the cloud they've been in and start focusing on the future and not on the past," Heath Campbell said Tuesday in an interview conducted in Easton, on the other side of the Delaware River from where the family lives in Hunterdon County, N.J.

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change," the 35-year-old continued. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did."

Deborah Campbell, 25, said she phoned in her order last week to the ShopRite. When she told the bakery department she wanted her son's name spelled out, she was told to talk to a supervisor, who denied the request.

Karen Meleta, a spokeswoman for ShopRite, said the Campbells had similar requests denied at the same store the last two years and said Heath Campbell previously had asked for a swastika to be included in the decoration.

"We reserve the right not to print anything on the cake that we deem to be inappropriate," Meleta said. "We considered this inappropriate."

The Campbells ultimately got their cake decorated at a Wal-Mart in Pennsylvania, Deborah Campbell said. About 12 people attended the birthday party on Sunday, including several children who were of mixed race, according to Heath Campbell.

"If we're so racist, then why would I have them come into my home?" he asked.

The Campbells' other two children also have unusual names: JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell turns 2 in a few months and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell will be 1 in April.

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.

Campbell said his ancestors are German and that he has lived his entire life in Hunterdon County. On Tuesday he wore a pair of black boots he said were worn by a German soldier during World War II.

He said he was raised not to avoid people of other races but not to mix with them socially or romantically. But he said he would try to raise his children differently.

"Say he grows up and hangs out with black people. That's fine, I don't really care," he said. "That's his choice."

And yes, I know...post/avatar combo.

#2 Sid Hartha

Sid Hartha

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4401 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

It's good to know that Wal-Mart will fill your Nazi cake needs.

#3 Petition

Petition

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:01 AM

Find a German Bakery to fill your Nazi needs. :lol:
"Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now....right now....Jesse Colin Young (Youngbloods). "Sugar, Sugar, honey, honey....you are my candygirl and you got me wantin' you.....*

#4 Badger

Badger

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1155 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

Posted Image

Mr & Mrs Campbell w/ little Adolf Hitler

#5 Petition

Petition

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:08 AM

Posted Image

Sick people.....make Gays look like more decent parents, apparently!
"Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now....right now....Jesse Colin Young (Youngbloods). "Sugar, Sugar, honey, honey....you are my candygirl and you got me wantin' you.....*

#6 Agrimorfee

Agrimorfee

Too nice for his own good

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13311 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

Cruel parents.

Vic Hitler was a fictional character who appeared in three episodes of the third season the TV series "Hill Street Blues" (season 3, episodes 17-19). He was played by character actor Terry Kiser.

Plot

Arrested for a minor crime, Vic amuses the police officers at the precinct house with a seemingly endless string of one-liners. When he is forced to give his name, however, most of the officers find that their laughter has immediately ceased and they all find excuses to slink away quietly.

Detective J.D. LaRue, still taken with Vic's gift for comedy and always with an eye open for a potential money-making idea, talks to Mr. Hitler, who reveals that he had promised his grandfather never to forsake the family name. Vic also notes, erroneously, that the more famous Hitler was actually born with the name Schickelgruber, indicating that a perfectly good name has been spoiled. (It was in fact his father that changed his last name from Schickelgruber, and Hitler actually was born with that surname.)

J.D. feels that Mr. Hitler's talents can make a greater impression than his name, and he books him in a seedy comedy club, though, to be on the safe side, the comedian's name has been altered to Vic Hitler, Jr., in order to de-emphasize the offending portion.

On stage, however, Vic almost immediately falls asleep, microphone still in hand. A quick cut finds him waking up later on in the club's green room, where he reveals to J.D. that, in addition to suffering the handicap of his family name, he also suffers from narcolepsy. J.D. is crushed at the thought of having a narcoleptic comic on his hands until he realizes the potential "hook" on a theater marquee: "Vic Hitler – The Narcoleptic Comic!"

The character is never seen again, although at Andy Renko's wedding in the final episode of season four, J.D. refers to his outrageously loud tuxedo jacket as "Vic Hitler's final legacy".
(http://dic.academic..../enwiki/3389816)

"Is everyone on here just an act sometimes?"--Hummingbird

Read all of my stupid song parodies here. Latest song improved/ruined: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Alice Cooper.

Download all of my alleged music free through the remainder of May at www.soundclick.com/agrimorfee

Also jabbering about music and movies at www.rateyourmusic.com

#7 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:26 AM

the guy on the right looks like a Little Britain character.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#8 Petition

Petition

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

I can't really tell the gender of the 3 individuals in this photo.....on second glance...it looks like 3 females to me...some Mr. & Mrs., eh? People today will do anyting for publicity....what fools!!!

#9 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

Is that really them? Good grief.

And Swedish Bakery on N. Clark Street in Andersonville has the finest baked goods in Chicago - if in fact you were looking for something for little Jessica.
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#10 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

I'm not in Chicago, sorry. But yeah, that was just a joke. My daughter's real name is Caitlin Death to Jews.

#11 no magnets

no magnets

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

this guy looks a lot like lenny dykstra.

Posted Image

#12 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

Posted Image

ya think this was taking from their yearly xmas card?

"Posted Image

#13 Guy

Guy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

this guy looks a lot like lenny dykstra.

Posted Image

The display, behing him, with the 8oz. coke bottles, is something we can all aspire to.
Let me take you to McDonald's and order nothing but coffee.

#14 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

don't forget the brass middle finger flip off statue along side its pewter wizard companion piece. nice VCR dicksmoke

"Posted Image

#15 Petition

Petition

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

don't forget the brass middle finger flip off statue along side its pewter wizard companion piece.

nice VCR dicksmoke

Truth to tell, I wouldn't have expected "Park Avenue"......in fact, Delancey Place is far too ritzy....more like "Early Poverty Uneducated" is more the decor of choice.

#16 nobodies

nobodies

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3853 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

Parents lose custody of Nazi-named children

Aside from naming the kids after nazis, I'd like to think that the fact the parents are still using a vcr (yet own a Wii)had something to do with this.

#17 Petition

Petition

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

I saw Mom and Dad on TV when the incident occurred. The father looked like he had been mainlining heroin and the mother sounded like a low-grade moron; she didn't understand why people were driving by the place they called home. He proudly showed off his Nazi boots to the TV audience and all of his Nazi Tat's. A regular "Father Knows Best". Other than that, I am sure that DYFS had their reasons, the names of the kids being the least of it. Go Shop-Rite! But, I shop at an independent bakery for my baked goods for special occasions when I do buy them, 'cause it's good for the local economy, anyway.

#18 Petition

Petition

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

Just on the local news NBC, the cop who helped take the kids said it had nothing to do with the kids names, first of all. Second of all, the cop says he knew the father of the kids and he didn't think he'd harm the kids, third, the father is busy looking for a lawyer right now. The cop said the parents were upset, but who wouldn't be, under the circumstances. DYFS isn't saying anything due to confidentiality issues and neither have the parents. It's a guess as to what really happened, at this point. I'd hate to see little kids taken away from their parents, regardless of the parents beliefs or eccentricities, so long as they are not abusing or neglecting the kids, and I hope that the kids will be alright.

#19 Petition

Petition

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

It's a free country, but it's not the smartest thing to do, to get a cake with h.b. a.hitler on it, no matter what, ya know you are going go bring attention to yourself and get in the firing line of someone somewhere.....I guess. It's not smart to make a big stink over the cake either....I'd love my kids more than that!!!

#20 crease

crease

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1674 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

if the kid's name is adolf hitler, why not bake the cake? if they were going to put a swastika on it or something, ok then. but otherwise, why not.