687 replies to this topic

#141 caley

caley

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1547 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

I cant belive people voted for miley cyrus whats next are the jonas brothers going to be on the countdown?

I hope so, I had them in my Top 15.

"'I Love My Dad' is the only one that slightly annoys me, maybe because I never loved my dad."

-WavesWithin

Bob-s-Burgers-bobs-burgers-18293103-1280

#142 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

if i were fucking the singer of paramore i would definitely not tell her how bad her music is
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#143 UselessRocker

UselessRocker

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3847 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

if i were fucking the singer of paramore i would definitely not tell her how bad her music is

Posted Image
"LETS GET SOME FUCKING ENERGY UP IN THIS BITCH MOTHERFUCKERS! You are not resigned to a fate of slow, painful death. The world is not as Radiohead and Portishead see it. "Oh the suffering! Oh the suffering, I feel the weight of the world and all it's pain" FUCK YOU......Be the grizzly, tear some shit up, rather than tearing yourself up." -- Montana, 12/21/08

#144 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

i was wary of posting that but apparently shes only a few months younger than me
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#145 killerparties

killerparties

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1876 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

Yeah. She's mad cute in a "your ass is going to jail for putting it her butt" kinda way.
Posted Image

#146 UselessRocker

UselessRocker

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3847 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

I looked it up; she's 19. She looks really young, though. Also, I recently saw her without make-up on some commercial thing for Guitar Hero - not good.
"LETS GET SOME FUCKING ENERGY UP IN THIS BITCH MOTHERFUCKERS! You are not resigned to a fate of slow, painful death. The world is not as Radiohead and Portishead see it. "Oh the suffering! Oh the suffering, I feel the weight of the world and all it's pain" FUCK YOU......Be the grizzly, tear some shit up, rather than tearing yourself up." -- Montana, 12/21/08

#147 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

If Nas Can't Say It, Think About These Talented Kids
With New Ideas Being Told What They Can And Can't Spit

#78.

Posted Image

Nas - Hero (feat. Keri Hilson)

(1497 Points, 8 Votes)

US Chart Position
: #97 (Hot 100), #82 (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)

UK Chart Position: #70

rap.about.com Review:
The Bottom Line

By all musical standards, the hard-brawling, hard-hitting MC we've come to know as Nas should've expired years ago. Nonetheless, he's still churning records at a decent rate, causing purists to cheer and critics to take a second look. No matter what side of the fence you fall on, "Hero" gives us all a reason to care again.
Pros

* Breathless flow, complex rhyme schemes
* Nas is still in top form after 16 years

Cons

* Nas sounds muted while tackling a bold topic

Description

* "Hero" is the lead cut from Nas' untitled album
* The song was produced by Polow Da Don
* It touches on the controversy surrounding his previous album title

Guide Review - Nas - "Hero" (Feat. Keri Hilson) (The Jones Experience/Def Jam)

"Hero," which features Keri Hilson, is the lead single from Nas' untitled 9th album, and it pretty much sums up not just the story behind the album's title controversy, but Nas' current status in hip-hop. It's the perfect soundtrack to the movie SuperNas, in which lead character Nasir Jones takes extreme measures in a bid to reinject some bite into hip-hop.

For all his brave posturing, though, Nas sounds rather muted on "Hero." His explanation borders on apologetic: "Still in musical prison, in jail for the flow," he rhymes, after insisting that the title change had nothing to do with pressure from his label bosses ("For the record, L.A. [Reid] and Doug Morris is riding with it"). Ironically, Doug Morris' name was actually censored on the album version of "Hero." Go figure.

"Hero" is not Nas' best single ever. Truthfully, he's capable of so much more. But, give Esco credit for rocking his Sunday best flow over Polow Da Don's catchy beat. How can you not cheer for hip-hop's favorite "Hero"?

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Singles Lists: n/a

Ranked Highest By: James Iha, Alright Still(#5)

Can Be Most Easily Found On: Untitled

#148 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

One! Two! Three! Four!

#77.

Posted Image

Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You / Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover / I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (Twelves Remix)

(1499 Points, 7 Votes)

US Chart Position
: n/a

UK Chart Position: #11

contactmusic.com Review: Hype is ripe in the music industry. Bands come, they're hyped, they have their brief moment in the spotlight and then they phase out again. However bands like Black Kids, don't follow that trend. With Black Kids you can tell that they've come far as a band. Their musical journey has been long together, they've come through some challenging patches, but essentially they've made it through. They have so much potential.it simply emits from their music with a neon splendour.

With the music revolution that is underway, one can only but assume that Black Kids, like many others, will take their pose, where they rightfully deserve as a new and exciting band for the future. 'I'm Not Gonna Teach your Girlfriend How To Dance With You' only shows us a brief glimpse of what they are capable of.and do you know what? I think I like what I see (or rather hear.) This is one band-wagon worth leaping on.

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Singles Lists: "Wizard of Ahhs - EP" (#56 of 2007)

Ranked Highest By: MattDrufke (#3)

Can Be Most Easily Found On: Partie Traumatic

#149 Chronodiggity

Chronodiggity

THE PRINCE OF THE SOMB

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

Partie Traumatic is the most annoying record name to me in recent memory.
^_^

#150 arkin

arkin

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

Partie Traumatic is the most annoying record name to me in recent memory.

yeah, it's kind of annoying. But still not as bad as a Panic! At the Disco song title.

#151 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

So there are people for whom Black Kids aren't just the butt of a really bad joke.

Interesting.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#152 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

Vindur ם hבrinu - תת

#76.

Posted Image

Sigur Rs - Gobbledigook

(1520 Points, 10 Votes)

US Chart Position

UK Chart Position: n/a

culturedeluxe Review: As is the fashion these days (thanks Radiohead), 'Gobbledigook' is available for free from the band's website (although you do need to hand over your e-mail address for mailing list purposes) and, if this is intended to give an overall representation of the new album, fans of 'Planet Earth' are in for a shock.

'Gobbledigook' is a full-on mind-fuck of layered vocals, clattering drums, flamenco handclaps and, seemingly, unintelligible vocals - but, really, who out there speaks Icelandic? It's a massive departure from the soft, sensual sounds of 'Takk' and it has us licking our lips in anticipation of the new album.

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Singles Lists: "Glosoli" (#66 in 2005), "Hippopola" (#80 in 2006)

Ranked Highest By: Culle (#5)

Can Be Most Easily Found On: Me su eyrum vi spilum endalaust

#153 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

I hate you Butler!
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#154 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Both of those songs (#78/77) I find to be weirdly underrated. "Hero" is the comeback single Nas has been promising since 2003 and "I'm Not Gonna..." is maybe the corny indie fuxx single of the year. Must be the name.
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#155 The Good Dr Bill

The Good Dr Bill

Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe Fuck Yourself.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11509 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

oh, and that Sophie B. Hawkins cover is abysmal. Embarrassing shit considering what a classic the original is.
what does he file at the hall of records? a declaration of tortoise intent

#156 Mitchell

Mitchell

dirty old man

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20691 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:27 PM

Damn, I wish you hadn't covered.
Nice bowl of Crunchy Nut you got here, pretty expensive as I recall.

#157 MattDrufke

MattDrufke

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2889 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:28 PM

Paul, when you get a chance; the link for #76 is not there. If this is a joke, I don't get it.

www,twitter.com/ihatemattdrufke

www.facebook.com/mattdrufke

Listen to my album, This Is Supposed To Be Fun, on Spotify, or buy it on any of the major online music services.

#158 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

Is That What The Future Holds?

#75.

Posted Image

British Sea Power - No Lucifer (10" release)

(1520 Points, 7 Votes)

US Chart Position

UK Chart Position: n/a

Neu! Magazine Review: Football chants from British Sea Power? Apparently so.

"Eas-eh! Eas-eh! Eas-eh" the tribal backing vocals shout. After a thankfully brief guitar-picking intro, in it comes. It's nice to see a bit more confrontation in the ocean of beige that is 'alternative'. The amount of times we've typed that word is untrue.

As it advances, it's not quite as apocalyptic as the title and chanting suggests. Too thoughtful and pondering for that. Example; "is that what the future holds?". For a bit more drive, some crusade-inspiring horns and stringed instruments help conjure up a feeling of going to war. On what? The devil, by the sounds of things. As good a reason as any, we suppose.

Not a bad track at all. The only thing it lacks is a bit more punch. It turns into a bit of an anti-climax after the excitement of the chanting dies down, only to be revived with less joy. It seems like they're holding back an urge to go crazy.

Maybe they should be going to war on self restraint instead?

7/10

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Singles Lists: "Please Stand Up" (#74 in 2005)

Ranked Highest By: arkin (#2)

Also Ranked By: amotin (#5)

Can Be Most Easily Found On: Do You Like Rock Music?

#159 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:32 PM

Paul, when you get a chance; the link for #76 is not there.

If this is a joke, I don't get it.

Nope, just plain forgot to put the name of the song and the link. Should be fixed now.

#160 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

Four more left to go tonight. They'll be up in a little bit as I have to go eat some dinner now.