Posted ImagePosted Image

#622 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

if this wasnt a SIGUR ROS record, would it have placed?

i dunno about on the overall list, but on mine it would have.

who knew that these guys liked to have fun? :blink:

#623 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

if this wasnt a SIGUR ROS record, would it have placed?

If it was a GOOD record, then no, it wouldn't have!!! :o
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#624 Johnny's Shack

Johnny's Shack

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1046 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

That Black Dog album is sweet, but it's so fucking long. It's like 2 hours or something. I can never sit down and listen to the whole thing. You guys voted Sea Change number 3 in '02? Ya fuckin' kidding me? Album is boring as hell. Alopecia is sweet. Great lyrics and production. A true "Phones" album.

#625 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

jk I've never heard a Sigur Ros song in my life.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

#626 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

i think i listened to like 3 minutes of sigur ros once while fucking johnny shack's mother.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#627 theremin

theremin

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

I thought Why? was huge around here. Even I voted it higher than that.

#628 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

edit: i last four
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#629 James D

James D

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2299 posts

Paul, you didn't NSFW tag the Sigur Ros album cover.

#630 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

yeah paul wtf is wrong w/ you
Posted Image

#631 arkin

arkin

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Yes, but did it sell 1.5 million copies?

#632 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

wakingrufus better warn this guy
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#633 James D

James D

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2299 posts

That Black Dog album is sweet, but it's so fucking long. It's like 2 hours or something. I can never sit down and listen to the whole thing.

it's like, just over an hour.

#634 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Yes, but did it sell 1.5 million copies?

:lol:

#635 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

“The only reason this isn't my favourite Fennesz album is because Endless Summer is perfect.” - vurt

#27.

Posted Image

Fennesz - Black Sea

(1930 Points, 27 Votes, One #1 Vote)

US Chart Position
: n/a

UK Chart Position: n/a

Charting Singles: n/a

SOMB Says: Hermoine dashed as quickly as she could down the hall. She knew that if any of the Slytherin prefects -- or even worse, Snape himself -- caught her running inside the corridors of Hogwarts, it would mean fifty points taken away from Gryffindor, but she had no time to worry about such trivial matters. If she didn't find Harry and Ron soon, they'd have bigger problems than losing the House Cup. She raced up the stairs and towards the portrait of the Fat Lady, now resting on a bed and eating truffles. She casually eyed Hermoine from inside the painting, waiting for the password. "Well, aren't you in a bit of a rush?"

Hermoine breathed heavily, exhausted from the laborious trip up the stairs of Gryffindor Tower. She'd seen Neville Longbottom lose his breath upon reaching the top, but had never felt so tired herself. Of course, she'd been up for nearly two days straight, but her research had finally paid off. "I've got to get in... it's an emergency!"

"I dare say! Well of course, of course... but first, the password?"

"Flibbertigibbet," Hermoine replied. The Fat Lady just shook her head. "Oddsbodikins? Wattlebird? Pig Snout?"

"Oh dear," the Fat Lady said. "They didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Hermoine asked, beginning to look impatient.

"That the password has changed, my love!"

She spun around, coming face to face with a ginger-headed boy in a worn-out overcoat. "Ronald Weasley! Where's Harry? Quick, we need to find him."

"Nice to see you too, dear!" Ron's smile disappeared as he turned to the portrait on the wall. "Oh... he's upstairs. Oi! Fat Lady! The password is Saffron Revolution." The painting opened up, revealing the entrance to the Gryffindor common room, lit by torches and smelling of fresh Pumpkin Pasties.

"Saffron Revolution? Ron, are you bloody mad? What kind of a password is that?" Hermoine crossed her arms and stared at the ginger-haired boy. "Have you had too much butterbeer again?"

"Aw don't be upset," Ron said, taking her by the hand and pulling her inside. "Everyone says it's not a single, but don't listen to 'em. Not a word! Touch released it as a digital download a month before the album came out! It's completely within the rules, and a bloody brilliant too, if you ask me!" They entered the common room, finding Harry Potter sitting cross-legged on the floor before the fireplace, seemingly transfixed by the crackling fire as he stared straight ahead, as if he were waiting for Sirius's face to reappear in the flames before him.

Hermoine rushed towards Harry. "Harry, I've done it! I've found the last Horcrux! We can finally defeat Lord Vol... Lord you know who! Harry?" He stared straight ahead, unmoved by her discovery, which she was so sure would be the best news he'd heard in years. At last, he could finally bring an end to the terror that had been haunting the Wizard world for years, and get the revenge he'd longed for. His mother, his father, Professor Dumbledore... she couldn't wait to tell him! "Harry! Are you listening to me? Take those headphones off!"

Harry pulled the AKG K240's off his tussled head, glaring at Hermoine like an angry basilisk. "Damn it Hermoine, what is it this time?"

"I've found the final Horcrux! It took two nights in the library, but..."

"And it took Fennesz four years to finish making this album! Now sod off and let me listen to it already."

Hermoine turned to Ron in disbelief, but found no astonishment in his eyes. "He's right, you know," said Ron. "Black Sea is the first album Fennesz has released since Venice in 2004, and it's a stunning work of fragile beauty and undeniable power. Christian Fennesz has once again established himself as one of the premier electroacoustic composers in the world, able to craft pieces that possess both startling intimacy and monumental scope. This is easily his best release since Endless Summer, only this time there's no concept at work, no reference for the listener to prepare themselves for beforehand, no framework to color the experience of the listener. The songs themselves simply exist on their own and it's impossible to resist giving yourself in to them. It's sort of like staring into the pensieve... or so Harry says."

"Maybe if Dumbledore had spent more time in Vienna art galleries or reading The Wire instead of running Hogwarts," Harry replied.

"But I don't understand!" Hermoine protested. "I know where the final Horcrux is and you two just want to stand around talking about this album?"

"Of course not," Ron replied. "We'd rather sit down and listen to it, wouldn't we Harry?"

"Wait your turn, I'm listening to 'Perfume for Winter' right now. What a brilliant track this is," Harry said, turning away from the two of them again as he placed the headphones back on his head. Suddenly, he collapsed on the floor, clutching his forehead in pain. "My scar! It's burning again!"

Hermoine ran to his side and knelt down beside him. "Harry, no! He's trying to see through your eyes again! Remember your Occlumency lessons!"

"Hermoine," Harry screamed. "You don't understand! He doesn't want me! He just wants... to hear the album!"

Ron watched as Hermoine began wrestling the headphones from Harry, who was still withering on the floor in pain while desperately trying to keep them on his head. Suddenly, he pulled out his wand and pointed it directly at Hermoine. "Crucio!" The spell knocked her off her feet and sent her into the castle walls, where she slumped into a motionless heap on the floor. "Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed, as the body of Hermoine Granger began to change shape, quickly revealing the corpse of... Draco Malfoy.

Harry, breathing heavily but apparently now free from the dreadful touch of Voldemort's mind, stared at the dead body in shock. "Ron? How did you know?"

"I knew it couldn't be Hermoine," he said calmly. "Because a true friend like her would never make you stop listening to Fennesz." - undo

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Albums Lists: n/a

Ranked Highest By: st. park (#1)

Also Ranked By: The Luscious Phil (#3), Badger, maxexactly (#4), autodafe, +marios+, ____________________________ (#5)

Amazon Link

#636 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

You guys voted Sea Change number 3 in '02? Ya fuckin' kidding me? Album is boring as hell.

It's good. Certainly better than anything he's done post 2k.
Every Sunday morning I wake up
I see you by your dresser doing your make-up
Fluttering a Chinese fan in a Knoxville fashion
All last night you tossed and turned
Your body was hotter than the night Richmond burned
You say you had a bad nightmare about tractor trailers crashing
- The Felice Brothers

#637 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13222 posts

Black Sea is such an incredible album.
Posted Image

#638 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

gonna sit down and read undo's blurb right now.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#639 stignasty

stignasty

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 567 posts

Some half-sentence about some bullshit that no one gives a fuck about.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Pavement Ist Rad.
Posted Image
"Sometimes I think nothing is simple but the feeling of pain." - Lester Bangs

#640 swede

swede

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 566 posts

great album cover