#761 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

Amazing teaser quote for the HS.

Seriously, I lost my shit when I read that. Stellar job, Paul.
Someone Still Loves You Pants McJickson

#762 bunk

bunk

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

why is everyone posting in this thread acting like a 12 year old who has just discovered music, notions of being "cool" and clique-mentality?

Nice to see Sausage and Paves destroy another year end thread.

#763 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13223 posts

I'm quoting the whole thing:

“Stephen Thomas Erlewine's head is going to explode

Posted Image” - ____________________________

#13.

Posted Image

Weezer - Weezer

(3420 Points, 44 Votes, Five #1 Votes)

US Chart Position
: #4

UK Chart Position: #21

Charting Singles: "Pork and Beans" (#64 Hot 100, #1 Modern Rock), "Troublemaker" (#2 Modern Rock)

SOMB Says: Back in 2008
I wasn't feeling very great
then good dr bill said "hey come on"
and put a brand new record on
rivers cuomo was on it
he had a mustache on it
then i heard the mp3s that broke the chains i had around me
got together w/ my friends
posted in a few internet message threads
then we downloaded the whole leak
and watched those threads start to peak
heard the songs that made us cry
bgwaves thought it sounded good when he was high
the come on the radio now people go
this is the song
up down turn around make my dick all nice and brown tonight i think i'll fuck you chrono lick my balls while i shoot loads

Weezer's The Red Album is the greatest album to come out this year and it's also the best album this decade. The day the majority of it leaked was one of the happiest of my entire life and I'll continue to use that day as a benchmark to mark all future important moments as long as I live. It's brought me closer to one of my best friends in the whole world(Pavement Ist Rad himself) and gave me the strength to persevere through some tumultuous relationships(worthless cunts) that would've likely emotionally crippled me if it wasn't for the perpetuating happiness this album seems to resonate from every chord, lyric, and melody.

If this album was any better I'd had to rip my own ears out because mankind is not quite ready for aural perfection. I suppose this is about as close as we can get. - Slap Nutz

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Albums Lists: n/a

Ranked Highest By: Pavement Ist Rad, Slap Nutz, Johnny’s Shack, Slackmo, The Good Dr Bill (#1)

Also Ranked By: avec (#2), Sam, stphone (#3), Diesel, Very Metal, +marios+, Dread, worrywort (#4), brain_storm, Nick, Guided By Ohio (#5)

Amazon Link

Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#764 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

great album.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#765 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13223 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

why is everyone posting in this thread acting like a 12 year old who has just discovered music, notions of being "cool" and clique-mentality?

You could always just not open this thread until the countdown is over if all you want to see is a final list with no running commentary.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

#766 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

nice to see that bunk is gay! :lol:

but seriously folks, enough w/ teh music
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#767 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

Tremendous blurb, Snausage. First time I've been glad someone else got to blurb my #1. UNLIKE FUCKING LAST YEAR

#768 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8673 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

Dad's gettin' high and watching the countdown. That is until it's time to leave for the afternoon showing of Slumdog Millionaire.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#769 Slackmo

Slackmo

devil's avocado

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13999 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

Dad's gettin' high and watching the countdown.

That is until it's time to leave for the afternoon showing of Slumdog Millionaire.

Spoiler: The dog dies!

#770 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13223 posts

Ranked Highest By: Pavement Ist Rad, Slap Nutz, Johnny’s Shack, Slackmo, The Good Dr Bill (#1)

Also Ranked By: avec (#2), Sam, stphone (#3), Diesel, Very Metal, +marios+, Dread, worrywort (#4), brain_storm, Nick, Guided By Ohio (#5)

lol
Posted Image

#771 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Take out Johnny Shack and those four #1 votes are a brotherhood im proud to be a part of. Cheers, slack *raises glass*
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#772 bunk

bunk

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

You could always just not open this thread until the countdown is over if all you want to see is a final list with no running commentary.

Right. Because Nirvana gifs and a quote vortex is quality commentary.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Two Stars

#773 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

Dad's gettin' high and watching the countdown.

That is until it's time to leave for the afternoon showing of Slumdog Millionaire.

Ahhh..the choices we make.
Every Sunday morning I wake up
I see you by your dresser doing your make-up
Fluttering a Chinese fan in a Knoxville fashion
All last night you tossed and turned
Your body was hotter than the night Richmond burned
You say you had a bad nightmare about tractor trailers crashing
- The Felice Brothers

#774 vurt

vurt

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1844 posts

Endless Summer should have been higher. Obviously. Great blurb from undo, as well.

This whole top 40 has been all over the fucking place, but it's always a fun ride. I am going to listen to Weezer again right now.

EDIT: Black Sea should have been even higher. Even more obviously.

#775 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

“There's nothing backwoods about it.” - Montana

#12.

Posted Image

Blitzen Trapper - Furr

(3471 Points, 40 Votes, Six #1 Votes)

US Chart Position
: n/a

UK Chart Position: n/a

Charting Singles: n/a

SOMB Says: This band's just been getting better and better. The cover seems perfect for a Blitzen Trapper album. A little bit more reeled in and domesticated than what I'm used to from them, but man what a lovely song. This album is the real deal. This band sure grew in such a short period. It's so backwoods and shaggy. I love it when they fire up the Southern rock stuff, but at the same time, I think most of my favorite songs are the slower acoustic ones. Fleet Foxes is fine and good, but THIS is the best band in the northwest today. I hope this record gets the equal attention and adoration i'm undoubtedly sure it deserves.- Sound Opinions Message Board Megazord

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Albums Lists: “Wild Mountain Nation” (#74 of 2007)

Ranked Highest By: Ringo Is My Name, solace, DrJimmy, Ben Thayer, Music Saves, carl (#1)

Also Ranked By: hornpout (#2), 100% Vegetable Juice, maxexactly, elementus attacks!, cerebralcaustic (#3), Dark Heat (#4), Whiskey! (#5)

Amazon Link

#776 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13223 posts

Right. Because Nirvana gifs and a quote vortex is quality commentary.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Two Stars

OTM.
Posted Image

#777 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

endless bummer
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#778 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Just finished catching up on this thread. Reminds me of why I used to like this board so much.

#779 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13223 posts

“There's nothing backwoods about it.” - Montana

#12.

Posted Image

Blitzen Trapper - Album

(3471 Points, 40 Votes, Six #1 Votes)

US Chart Position
: n/a

UK Chart Position: n/a

Charting Singles: n/a

SOMB Says: This band's just been getting better and better. The cover seems perfect for a Blitzen Trapper album. A little bit more reeled in and domesticated than what I'm used to from them, but man what a lovely song. This album is the real deal. This band sure grew in such a short period. It's so backwoods and shaggy. I love it when they fire up the Southern rock stuff, but at the same time, I think most of my favorite songs are the slower acoustic ones. Fleet Foxes is fine and good, but THIS is the best band in the northwest today. I hope this record gets the equal attention and adoration i'm undoubtedly sure it deserves.- Sound Opinions Message Board Megazord

Artist's Previous Rankings on Our Albums Lists: “Wild Mountain Nation” (#74 of 2007)

Ranked Highest By: Ringo Is My Name, solace, DrJimmy, Ben Thayer, Music Saves, carl (#1)

Also Ranked By: hornpout (#2), 100% Vegetable Juice, maxexactly, elementus attacks!, cerebralcaustic (#3), Dark Heat (#4), Whiskey! (#5)

Amazon Link

Posted Image

The steady rancher keeps his eye out for Logic bears and Taste wolves as the SOMB sheep graze at yet another trendy urban twee in 2008.

Soon, the pasture will be bare and all will be forgotten, only to be repeated next season (except for the 60% of Frightened Rabbit fans who will probably take their own lives before the 2009 SOMB list).
Posted Image

#780 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8673 posts

Another Brooklyn vinyl purchase from last week. Really sounds excellent.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image