• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moo & Oink

Moo & Oink

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

Ted Nugent has made more of an impact as a conservative commentator than he's ever made as a rock star. Since I wasn't investing any money into it, I decided to check Nugent's new book, Ted, White & Blue, out of my local public library. I glanced over a few paragraphs, and what I read, made me boil over with anger. Among the things Ted says is that health insurance shouldn't be mandatory, saying in effect, that people have become fat, lazy & sick through they're own doing. He says that people have a responsibility to keep their well-being intact. He's equally matter-of-fact about our country's welfare system. He says he would make every welfare recipient grab a broom, shovel or mop, and contribute something to society. As read more of the book, I'm sure I'll get an even bigger headache. In your opinion, does what the Nuge became (conservative icon) diminish his status as a rocker?

#2 Guy

Guy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

Sounds like a must read. This is the same brilliant mind that brought us "Wango Tango"
Let me take you to McDonald's and order nothing but coffee.

#3 Finn McCool

Finn McCool

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8081 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Nugent's a draft dodger pussy & that knee-caps all his blowhard macho posturing. He dodged the Viet Nam draft by shitting himself for a week to get defered. Or at least that's the longstanding rumor I want to believe. Not that dodging that draft was cowardly in & of itself, mind...
Until the sky turns green, the grass is several shades of blue, every member of Parliament trips on glue...

#4 nobodies

nobodies

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3853 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

Ashamed to say that I was a big fan of his conservative viewpoints when I was about 16. But gimme a break, I was 16 and that was 19 years ago. I think I mostly thought he was cool because he hunted with a bow...and I actually made mention of this in my college admissions essay. Anyway, the dude's basically a reality tv cartoon (and a near pedophile). In my mind, that's one step above (or would it be below?) the rambling preachers on street corners. He talks for attention, not to make sense or cause change.