• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 britkid

britkid

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

1) can you just show up to a chicago park district pool during their lap swim hours and start swimming or do you need to pay for some sort of membership? 2) on a scale of 1 to 10, how gross are chicago park district pools?

#2 no magnets

no magnets

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

1. you need a membership. 2. 5? it's a public pool.

#3 britkid

britkid

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

well, yeah, but some public pools are definitely better than others, just thought i'd ask. thanks, and this brings up further questions: 3) can you get a membership at the pool itself or do you have to go to some special central park district office or something? 4) does a membership entitle you to use all of the chicago park district pools or just the specific one you signed up for?

#4 Duff.

Duff.

I'm a monsta, I'm a killa.

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5825 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

I understand this piece of information isn't useful for a few months, but the outdoor pool at Chase Park on Ashland south of Lawrence you can just show up and swim. It might just differ from pool to pool.

No, it'll be stupid, and we're already doing something stupid.
murderfbanner.gif

#5 Rad Monkey

Rad Monkey

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1861 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

well usually they have a front desk at most parks. I've usually has just shown up and swam. 2)5 sounds about right, just bring flip-flops and a lock for the locker room. The pools themselves are pretty clean.

--------
--------

#6 no magnets

no magnets

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

3. you can get a membership at the front desk, but i think you can also register online. speaking of which, i believe this week is free for anyone at any park district location. you may want to stop in and check it out now first.

#7 britkid

britkid

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

3. you can get a membership at the front desk, but i think you can also register online. speaking of which, i believe this week is free for anyone at any park district location. you may want to stop in and check it out now first.

this is fantastic information, thank you. i will definitely be stopping in tomorrow.