#21 Rob Gordon

Rob Gordon

sha la la, man

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8673 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:20 AM

woohoo @ erykah beating fleet fuxxors

Yeah, as someone else pointed to, her 4th place show was well deserved. She beat FF in mine as well.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 Hans Christian Anderson

Hans Christian Anderson

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4919 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

yeah thats a great placement for her and that record. still haven't heard the whole thing but the bits i heard were really strong. its always a treat to see records that were critically acclaimed but not darlings in the sense of TVOTR or fleet foxes do terrific in this sort of polls. kinda like post war winning our 06 poll.

#23 solace

solace

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9404 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:54 AM

wow... Gaslight @ 24, nice

#24 Chronodiggity

Chronodiggity

THE PRINCE OF THE SOMB

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:03 AM

its always a treat to see records that were critically acclaimed but not darlings in the sense of TVOTR or fleet foxes do terrific in this sort of polls.

kinda like post war winning our 06 poll.

no.
^_^

#25 throughsilver

throughsilver

What happened last night?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:05 AM

Good to see this ahead of that. Isn't it funny how the collated opinion of hundreds of critics is not exactly the same as mine.

Posted Image

#26 Hans Christian Anderson

Hans Christian Anderson

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4919 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

its always a treat to see records that were critically acclaimed but not darlings in the sense of TVOTR or fleet foxes do terrific in this sort of polls.

kinda like post war winning our 06 poll.

no.

i can't remember chrono, are you not an m ward fan? thats fine if that's the case, but the situation is quite similar to how ward took the poll that year. there were some feverent admirers, yes, but it won b/c nearly everyone who heard it enjoyed it pretty fine and well and ranked it somewhere solid + respectable in their top 20. a lot of people doing that yields a damn nice showing, like that badu record.

#27 Frank Valentine

Frank Valentine

Lurker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

I love Fleet Foxes but I agree that Erykah should place higher
Half asleep in a guitar town while outside it is snowing... cigarettes on your peppermint breath Honey, which way are you going?