2 replies to this topic

#1 elcorazon

elcorazon

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5647 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

has released a new album, entitled, American Kid. I suggest everyone listen and we can use this thread to discuss how we feel about the album. At the moment, I rank it mid-pack among Patty's albums, not up to the heights of Children Running Through or 1,000 Kisses, but definitely worthy of a listen.

Check it out.

Sail Away: The Songs of Randy Newman -7.5/10
Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis 8.5/10
Buddy & Julie Miller - Written in Chalk wow, first listen, but great great record! 9.3/10
Justin Townes Earle - Midnight at the Moviessurprisingly great, never picked up his past releases, but this one's knocking my socks off right away, 8.7/10
M. Ward - Hold Time 8.0/10
Neko Case -Middle Cyclone her best I've heard is my initial impression, but too soon to rate, haven't had a really good listen yet 7.8/10

#2 elcorazon

elcorazon

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5647 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Silver Bell, recorded back in 2000, but never officially released, is being released in September.

Buddy & Julie Miller - Written in Chalk wow, first listen, but great great record! 9.3/10
Justin Townes Earle - Midnight at the Moviessurprisingly great, never picked up his past releases, but this one's knocking my socks off right away, 8.7/10
Neko Case -Middle Cyclone her best I've heard is my initial impression, but too soon to rate, haven't had a really good listen yet 7.8/10

#3 elcorazon

elcorazon

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5647 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Friday night's show at the metro was mostly great, but would have been even better had she rid herself of Craig Ross, who's playing mostly obscured Patty's greatness. That said, the setlist was fantastic and the highlights were definitely, "Truth #2", "Little God", "Getting Ready" and "Up to the Mountain", among others.

"Icicles" is a fantastic song and a great one to open up with given the weather lately, but it was one of the songs Ross' had a negative impact on, unfortunately. Such a spare beautiful song, overshadowed with an unnecessarily heavy bass sound that completely overwhelmed the song.