48 replies to this topic

#41 Paul

Paul

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4170 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:19 AM

The Replacements - Message To The Boys (radio rip) hxxp://download.yousexit.com/2531E5255A628E07

#42 WesterMats

WesterMats

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3046 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:39 AM

Ugh, with each new reply to this thread, I'm hoping somebody got the song and put it up to download. That 30 second clip was not enough.

i second that. i hate clips

The song:

Message for the Boys

Here is the interview with Tommy:

Part One

Part Two

These come courtesy a user named "Pline" on the Color Me Impressed message board.
"I forgot my one line, so I just said what I felt"
--Paul Westerberg

Posted Image

#43 Music Saves

Music Saves

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:11 PM

Ugh, with each new reply to this thread, I'm hoping somebody got the song and put it up to download. That 30 second clip was not enough.

i second that. i hate clips

The song:

Message for the Boys

Here is the interview with Tommy:

Part One

Part Two

These come courtesy a user named "Pline" on the Color Me Impressed message board.

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks for getting this, song sounds pretty good. I'm always a bit apprehensive when bands "reunite" for a couple best-of songs, but this is better than I expected. No reunion tour, please, it would not work out.
"The public are collectively fucking retarded." - tylerdurden74 "The world is filled with people who are no longer needed - and who try to make slaves of all of us - and they have their music and we have ours - theirs, the wasted songs of a superstitious nightmare - and without their musical and ideological miscarriages to compare our song of freedom to, we'd not have any opposite to compare music with - and like the drifting wind, hitting against no obstacle, we'd never know it's speed, it's power..." Woody Guthrie

#44 UselessRocker

UselessRocker

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3849 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:16 PM

"Message to the Boys" is pretty great. It does sound pretty classic mid-period 'Mats, like something that could have been thrown onto Pleased to Meet Me as a solid album track. This song seriously is bringing such a smile to my face right now. It's funny - I've liked Paul's recent solo work okay and all and it's not like he's aged horribly. Yet when this song started, I wasn't listening to a 40-something Paul tossing off some throwaway song with Tommy... I'm listening to the (almost) Replacements. Paul sounds no older on this track than he does on "Alex Chilton".

I'm really glad that they decided to do this. They could have easily just released another comp with nothing new. And I do think that a proper "Best-of" collection has been necessary for a while - for people who want to get into the band & for people too lazy to burn their own. I know it wouldn't quite fit the mythology of the band and all, but fuck it, I'd give anything to see the reunited (almost) 'Mats once. If Coachella can get the guys to reunite next year, I'll be a very, very happy camper.
"LETS GET SOME FUCKING ENERGY UP IN THIS BITCH MOTHERFUCKERS! You are not resigned to a fate of slow, painful death. The world is not as Radiohead and Portishead see it. "Oh the suffering! Oh the suffering, I feel the weight of the world and all it's pain" FUCK YOU......Be the grizzly, tear some shit up, rather than tearing yourself up." -- Montana, 12/21/08

#45 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:48 PM

I would go to Coachella to see this band.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:19 AM

nope i cant afford books

just internet

any links to sites would be useful, i've read a lot of lore but a lot of it im forgetting right now

the only link you will ever need for such a project
http://www.angelfire..._Bible_v1.4.pdf

good luck

just thought i would re-post this link... 429 pages of Replacements history... unbelievable.

#47 twicks

twicks

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

New Westerberg interview. Good, juicy stuff...talks about "Alex Chilton" in Rock Band, jamming with Tommy recently, and how he lost money on the 49:00 digital release.

http://www.rockband....rberg_interview

#48 The Sheck

The Sheck

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:53 AM

And the Replacements reunion that almost happened last month.

#49 WesterMats

WesterMats

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3046 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:26 AM

New Westerberg interview. Good, juicy stuff...talks about "Alex Chilton" in Rock Band, jamming with Tommy recently, and how he lost money on the 49:00 digital release.

http://www.rockband....rberg_interview

Paul is still "living the dream" and God love that and I love that and try to emulate it in my life -- and fuck corporations for looking to screw him for every little non-sueable cent. I think I loathe you if you do.
"I forgot my one line, so I just said what I felt"
--Paul Westerberg

Posted Image