God of Goldens!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4898 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

Milieu - Beyond the Sea Lies the Stars

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gxucwo

Wow, this is something, eh?

If everything is as subtle and gorgeous as "The Singsong Waters of an Endless Sea" has been for the past eighteen minutes, I'll be going back to this for both sleep and drugs! I'm liking it a whole damned lot.

#302 cdvaught

cdvaught

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:18 AM

Alright my ambient buddies, I think I have a REALLY good one here. Fans of Basinski, Jeck, Fennesz, Hecker, Reich......should give this a listen. Its everything I want out of an ambient artist.

Posted Image

Machinefabriek - Marijn

I've spent the last 2 hours trying to y'all send the thing this thing, but my computer is not cooperating. If anyone can find it somewhere, just post it on here.

Here's the only review i could find here.

My apologies for not y'all send the thing-ing it. Hopefully someone more internet savvy can do it.

here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ffcauq
Amazing album...Top 3 of the year!

#303 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:50 PM

well i just had another gimmie from the AMBIENT guy from work.

Ulrich Schnauss
Posted Image
A Strangely Isolated Place

so far this isn't too bad...kinda gives me a moby feel but still good. any other suggestions on this fella?

ps..if anyone wants this let me know and i'll up it. didn't have time this evening.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#304 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8970 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

Hmmm.... Milieu really bored me. I didn't hear much in it worth sticking around for.

The Caretaker was kind of interesting. Mezzotint was the best of the recent albums posted that I've been able to hear.

Keeping up with this thread is tough but I guess that's part of what makes it good.

Ulrich Schnauss

New album this year? Someone on the board said so recently. Definitely looking forward to that.

#305 avec

avec

forever alien

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5859 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:00 PM

Hmmm.... Milieu really bored me. I didn't hear much in it worth sticking around for.

The Caretaker was kind of interesting. Mezzotint was the best of the recent albums posted that I've been able to hear.

Keeping up with this thread is tough but I guess that's part of what makes it good.

Ulrich Schnauss

New album this year? Someone on the board said so recently. Definitely looking forward to that.

I liked the Caretaker album, and haven't gotten around to Milieu yet, as well as the Xela album. I'm slow to digest this kind
of music, and it seems to be coming from all directions lately. And for some reason I can't download the Milieu music onto a cd, my cd maker shuts down every time I try to copy this particular file. So I've sampled a bit on my computer speakers and it seems good, but haven't heard it on my stereo speakers (which I'm dying to do). I'll probably just buy a copy anyway.

That Ulrich Schnauss album grew on me a bit, but I still think that His other release is far superior. Something about the vocals on that album that bug me.

#306 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

That Ulrich Schnauss album grew on me a bit, but I still think that His other release is far superior. Something about the vocals on that album that bug me.

Far Away Trains Passing By? is that the one you speak of? if so i'm getting a copy tomorrow. i'll keep ya posted.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#307 avec

avec

forever alien

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5859 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:28 PM

Far Away Trains Passing By? is that the one you speak of? if so i'm getting a copy tomorrow. i'll keep ya posted.

exactly. I think you won't be dissappointed with that one. It's bright, fun and poppy listening for the most part.

#308 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

Far Away Trains is one of my favorite electronic releases of this decade. There was like a three month stretch when i first heard it that it was the only thing I wanted to listen to (well as far as electronic music goes). If anyone wants me to up either Trains or Strangely Isolated Place, lemme know.
Posted Image

#309 Pavement Ist Rad

Pavement Ist Rad

What would the Melvins say?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13223 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

Really good album, yeah. Fans of BoC, take note! "Blumenwiese Neben Autobahn" is my shit, I tell you.
Posted Image

Damo Suzuki: So, um, yeah. Getting older isn't as bad as it sounds. Better than being young & poor (DjDrake) or young & slutty (SG) or young, poor and slutty (Paves); am I right?

Alright, my friends. It's time for another solid little rock jam

#310 helmet52

helmet52

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1506 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

Ulrich Schnauss

I actually think this guy is the most overrated ambient artist that the SOMB has ever latched onto. How this guy got into the collective brains of this message board I'll never figure out. I think he's a boring, predictable hack.

#311 dantempo

dantempo

Neophyte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

Ulrich Schnauss

I actually think this guy is the most overrated ambient artist that the SOMB has ever latched onto. How this guy got into the collective brains of this message board I'll never figure out. I think he's a boring, predictable hack.

You've got a point.
I was well into this guy a few years ago but now i can't, for the life of me, see why.
It all sounds so very lightweight and disposable to me now.
It seems to have aged really badly.

#312 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:07 AM

I love this thread. pimping for the endless summer re-release. go buy it. best cd ever! that milieu disc is fairly good, slow changes but they just don't do much. I still havent listened to all of machinefabriek, only the third song.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8689o

#313 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8970 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:57 AM

Thread needs more talk about how amazing this Eluvium is. I've listened to it three times yesterday and it is just great. Maybe not as good as Talk Amongst, I tend to like how much more ambient that one is, but still i don't mind this new direction.

I listened to this for the first time today and wow.

Please use this music to accompany a video montage of me at my funeral. Thanks.

I love this thread.
pimping for the endless summer re-release. go buy it. best cd ever!

I read the review of the reissue on Pitchforkmedia and thought you'd be glad to see that. I know you were disappointed that you couldn't get your hands on a copy of the original release but it sounds like the reissue will be just as good but with extra goods thrown in too.

#314 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:02 AM

Ulrich Schnauss

in all fairness, its not just the SOMBies that have latched onto Ulrich.

strange though, i have the same reaction to Boards of Canada (boring and predictable). Except for Music is Math, which is just brilliant.
Posted Image

#315 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:43 AM

I read the review of the reissue on Pitchforkmedia and thought you'd be glad to see that. I know you were disappointed that you couldn't get your hands on a copy of the original release but it sounds like the reissue will be just as good but with extra goods thrown in too.

I wish it had the original artwork but yeah, I'm still planning on buying this one. and yes, very much so glad to see it with a possitive rating still. absolutly amazing art in the form of music. anyway, enough of the old, back to the new. sorry ambient people.
Download this EP I made. The songs are pretty close to where they should be. I colaborated with Brian Wilson and Thom Yorke and then we all fucked in my basement apartment. Thom has a really big dick suprisingly, and Brian Wilson cried the whole time, yelling "These moans are not in perfect harmonic unison". Anyway, it sounds like what you would imagine something from that situation sounds like.

#316 Cinnamon P.

Cinnamon P.

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3876 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:10 AM

oh yeah, could anyone maybe obtain Belong's October Language. for some reason I cant download torrent files at faster than 4kb a second, recent shittyness. but anyway, I would really love to hear it. if not, ok.

#317 Woodland Runner

Woodland Runner

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1153 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:50 AM

Hello denizens of the Nook,

Since a few of you seemed to enjoy the Caretaker album i uploaded awhile back, i figured i would share some more Caretaker which i just recently u/l for another board. Due to ridiculous amounts of reading right now, i'll just re-post my original disclaimer to the album as well, as to save time.

Happy New Year's ambient buddies.

Phil

For anyone who enjoyed The Caretaker album i u/l awhile back, have i got a treat for you. Here is another release from him, and this one is an absolute MONSTER. Literally. As in 6 discs, 72 tracks, 531 MB and a running time of nearly 4 hours!! This is...

The Caretaker - Thereotically Pure Anterograde Amnesia

**Disclaimer**

This is the very definition of a "difficult" album. Despite its length, it must be taken in as a whole. For one thing, the 72 tracks were never meant to be separated, or have names of any kind for that matter. As a means of organizing things digitally, however, he gave them names of "Memory #__", which does help a little. But even still, this thing was never meant to be digested in pieces. As such, it will almost certainly not "click" if listened to in fragments. Which is a damn shame, cuz most people simply don't have that kind of dedication. However, i know some of you guys do. So...cancel all appointments, clear your schedule for an evening, grab yourself some headphones and possibly a beverage (and that was just in preparation for the long download!)

As for the music itself, it sounds like a slow descent into hell. So yeah, enjoy! :D

Disc 1&2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mk10te
Disc 3&4:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/losszp
Disc 5&6:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a3iqjk

Edit: Since the description of "a slow descent into hell" is more than a little vague (and not quite convincing enough to justify such a huge download), i suppose i should specify a bit more as to what the album sounds like. Imagine a Machinefabriek album, slowed to half its normal speed, and played in a cavern hundreds of miles below the earth's surface. The result might sound something like this album. Or not. Whatever.
I don't even get your t-shirts pun.

#318 dantempo

dantempo

Neophyte

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:08 AM

oh yeah, could anyone maybe obtain Belong's October Language. for some reason I cant download torrent files at faster than 4kb a second, recent shittyness. but anyway, I would really love to hear it. if not, ok.

Posted Image
Belong - October language

Name: B-OL.zip
Size: 74MB
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1wzni1

#319 avec

avec

forever alien

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5859 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

thanks for the fish guys. Six discs that need to be listened to in one sitting? Some of us work for
a living! we'll see how far I can get into this one.

I'm looking forward to purchasing the endless summer reissue as well. Or is it out already?

Ulrich Schnauss

I can understand your assessment of him. While I still don't like Isolated Place all that much, I will defend
Trains as being a very fun ambient/electronic record. Can't think of too many that are as sunny and enjoyable as
that one. I'm looking forward to his next release.

and is Schnauss really ambient? We've been referring to him as such, but I never think of him off the board as being so. He's more of a pure electronic artist to me. As much ambient as M83 is, or BoC.

#320 Woodland Runner

Woodland Runner

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1153 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

Six discs that need to be listened to in one sitting? Some of us work for
a living!

I know i know, it is indeed asking a lot. I found it hard to find time for as well, but managed to do it one evening during the holidays. I mean, don't get me wrong, it can be enjoyed in pieces, it just isn't meant to be. It works better as a whole. But if the whole "enjoy in one sitting" thing just isn't to be, than enjoy it however you can.

(this reminds me of the Lord of the Rings marathon i've been meaning to have and have been putting off for years now...)
I don't even get your t-shirts pun.