3536 replies to this topic

#2361 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:12 AM

just played brawl 8 hours straight with 2 friends, unlocked sonic a bit ago, this game is for real guys
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2362 James D

James D

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2299 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

Further evidence that I need to get my act together and buy a Wii.

#2363 Efrim

Efrim

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3280 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

Anybody on here play sports games? I'm interested in picking up a quality but not super complicated football game for the 360 or wii. I am a stanger in this genre, so I'm open to all advice. Doesn't have to be the current year either, I'd be fine with pulling a more solid title out of the bargin bin because its a year old.

#2364 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:54 PM

Just received the first issue (March) of PlayStation: The Official Magazine I wrote for. The big 2008 PS3 Game Planner is my text (major kudos to the editors that made it look all snazzy). Seeing your stuff in print is way rad, man. Have some stuff in next month's issue too, but I'm glowing about this right now.

#2365 Efrim

Efrim

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3280 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

Just received the first issue (March) of PlayStation: The Official Magazine I wrote for. The big 2008 PS3 Game Planner is my text (major kudos to the editors that made it look all snazzy). Seeing your stuff in print is way rad, man.

Have some stuff in next month's issue too, but I'm glowing about this right now.

Congratulations man. You've always been the unoffcial leader of this thread/somb sub group so it's great to see you get some nice prestige. I'll have to at least check it out next time I'm at borders on something.

#2366 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

Nice job, Andy.
(glorified) lurker

#2367 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

just finished unlocking every stage and character, 35 characters and 41 stages. played online last night (LOL) but it was lagfest since we live in the U.S i assume. will have a dual layer disc on thursday so i should be able to play sub space emissary then.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2368 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

Goddamn it, I'm gonna need some time to get acquainted with the game before I challenge you. Warming up with Melee isn't going to do any good.

#2369 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

fuck i broke down and bought the DL dvds and got the full game running. im 3 hours into sub space emissary, heres what i found 1) they made ness a total badass 2) mother 3 spoilers like a motherfucker, god dammit sakurai!! 3)3 hours in = 30%, the 1 player mode is actually a real game this time around 4)the game feels like kirby super star part 2, thats a good thing
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2370 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:26 PM

Andyroo! Great job, dude! I definitely want to see this! Any scans of it at all?

Anybody on here play sports games? I'm interested in picking up a quality but not super complicated football game for the 360 or wii. I am a stanger in this genre, so I'm open to all advice. Doesn't have to be the current year either, I'd be fine with pulling a more solid title out of the bargin bin because its a year old.

If you are willing to go back a bit and shy off of a 360 game, NFL 2K5 is probably the single best football game ever made and one of the best sports titles ever. It's simplistic, yet can be very in-depth and complicated if you choose to make it that way. You can get a used copy for Xbox piss cheap (my roommate a few months back bought three copies in case one gets dinged up...that way he has a backup...and it cost him a total of like $7). Anyway, yeah, it SHOOOOULD be able to play on a 360. You might want to check it out, though.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#2371 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:24 PM

okay, i beat brawl, it's like a 7-8 hour game, and surprisingly fun. sure wish i could read japanese.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2372 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

Lance, stick with segas brand of football over EAs madden. the NFL series, when does EA's licensing monopoly end anyway although i say this half of undying loyalty to sega, my limited sports game expertise has always seen NFL >>> madden
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2373 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:25 PM

BTW -- not sure if you listen to the 1UP Sports Anomaly podcast, but I have a pair of interviews in the next episode (Wednesday, I think).

That guy you were interviewing was PLAYING IT SAFE! Nice interview!

#2374 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

Been playing Sins Of A Solar Empire this past week.

Posted Image

At first blush, I thought the game was a bit lacking and slow paced. The more time I put in to it the more impressed I became with the subtle design.

Brilliant GUI. Very solid (and highly customizable) control. The ease with which one can zoom out to a galactic overview and then back down to the smallest details on a ship is amazing. Very fluid and smooth.

I like all the different tactical and strategic approaches one can take as well. All out annihilation of the enemy, diplomatic maneuvering, economic power, subterfuge and cultural victory are equally valid methods of winning.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#2375 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

As far as football games, the most fun I've had is playing NCAA 07 on the PS2. The 08 version, especially for PS360, has some issues with interceptions and stuff, so I just stuck with 07 (on the PS2 it was basically the same game). I've found the NCAA game to be much better at sucking you in to the game than the sterile NFL game. Recruiting is fun and not too time consuming. The only thing that's difficult about it for me is that the game takes about an hour to play and there's no in-game save feature (I'm relatively new to console gaming, and the fact that most games don't have this blows me away), and with work/family, it's tough finding a solid hour or two of my time to actually play. But I suspect most of you guys don't have that issue.

#2376 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Gah, been super busy this week. Thanks for the various props on the PTOM article and the podcast, guys. Spent the last couple days burning through Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore for work. Have a couple of feature articles to work on this weekend, but nothing I really have to play (besides a bit more Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition), so I might pick up Devil May Cry 4 for Xbox 360. Anyone been playing it?

#2377 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:45 PM

whoever asked to play call of duty 4 with me today sorry i was finishing the campaign, we'll play whenever now though.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2378 scarymuppet

scarymuppet

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4178 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:57 AM

my old copy of gc smash had gone missing so i just got another copy from goozex yesterday. i will be prepared for the new one.
BAN ME IF I TALK TO MONTANA

#2379 scarymuppet

scarymuppet

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4178 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:12 PM

Spore released on PC, Mac, DS, and mobile Sept. 8, 2008.
BAN ME IF I TALK TO MONTANA

#2380 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:16 PM

EA and the NFL extended their exclusive rights agreement for another 3 years, meaning the earliest we'd be likely to see a real competitor to the Madden franchise is 2013. Viva la Competition!