3536 replies to this topic

#3021 James D

James D

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2299 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:30 AM

I'm at 47 at the moment and I can feel my interest waning. I will probably go through another phase of 3-4 days of playing and that will be me . By the way Haid, how good is it when you leave Tortage? When you go to the Kopshief(sp?) province, the game gets ridiculously fun.

#3022 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:32 AM

Just entered the underworld in FFIV, probably a little over the halfway mark. easily the most well-balanced JRPG i have played in...possibly ever. The challenge is exhillirating.

#3023 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

I'm at 47 at the moment and I can feel my interest waning. I will probably go through another phase of 3-4 days of playing and that will be me .

By the way Haid, how good is it when you leave Tortage? When you go to the Kopshief(sp?) province, the game gets ridiculously fun.

idk, i kind of enjoyed tortage. the desert is a massive gankfest where there are lvl 50s running around in lvl 20-30 zones trampling people to death. got really annoyed yesterday when i ran out to some caravan post for a delivery quest and after spending 10-15 minutes realtime getting there, some faggot lvl 40 thought it would be cool to kill me while i was completing it. nearest rez point was ~500m away with a bunch of angry hyenas, scorpions, and bandits in the way. otherwise, in a group it was fun. sometimes it's easy to just see somebody near you and invite them to a group, most people accept because it makes it much easier to avoid ganking. i probably should have rolled in a pve server where people are usually friendlier.

funny story, i pmed a lvl 50 after he killed me in two hits and he sent back a series of tells apologizing and explaining his motives.
But among the jackals, the panthers, the bitch hounds, The apes, the scorpions, the vultures, the serpents, The yelping, howling, growling, crawling monsters, In the filthy menagerie of our vices, There is one more ugly, more wicked, more filthy! Although he makes neither great gestures nor great cries, He would willingly make of the earth a shambles And, in a yawn, swallow the world; He is Ennui! — His eye watery as though with tears, He dreams of scaffolds as he smokes his hookah pipe. You know him reader, that refined monster, — Hypocritish reader, — my fellow, — my brother!

#3024 James D

James D

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2299 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, there's typically a lot of morons who think ganking someone 20 lvls below them is perfectly acceptable. They just say "this is a pvp server, re-roll pve crybaby" or something. As Damo correctly said a bunch of pages back and as you seem to be catching on, grouping up is the way to go.

How are you finding the assassin overall?

#3025 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:26 AM

i'm finding it alright. however, after being in a few groups i had the desire to reroll a class that can actually wear some armor, my hp drops like $1 hookers to their knees. on the other hand, it's great when i have a tank because my damage is awesome, sometimes a caster will only have time to get one hit in. one problem i'm having is the button layout for switching weapon sets. three times or something i've pulled a creep with my bow and tried to switch to my daggers with shift+r but instead it does the hotkey for replying to a tell ฎ and now instead of hitting people im typing 543823 to the last person who pmed me and by the time i realize i've aggroed somebody else because i can't move properly and i'm down to half health trying to use the mouse while hitting backspace to get out of chat. i manage to get one guy down to half health and then i'm gone. i need to remap that shit pronto. i spent all day at home today because i'm grounded but didn't play at all. i feel kind of like this game isn't worth the $50 +subscription right now and i'm not going to mind canceling when school begins. whenever i pick it up i play for 2 hours or so straight, but there's not really much of an urge
But among the jackals, the panthers, the bitch hounds, The apes, the scorpions, the vultures, the serpents, The yelping, howling, growling, crawling monsters, In the filthy menagerie of our vices, There is one more ugly, more wicked, more filthy! Although he makes neither great gestures nor great cries, He would willingly make of the earth a shambles And, in a yawn, swallow the world; He is Ennui! — His eye watery as though with tears, He dreams of scaffolds as he smokes his hookah pipe. You know him reader, that refined monster, — Hypocritish reader, — my fellow, — my brother!

#3026 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

just got 3 more lvls holy crap it's really fun to sneak up behind a HoX and 1hit them with a slow death strike. my feelings are so mixed about this game.

#3027 frog paw

frog paw

Neophyte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

Lately ive just been beating all of the Metal Gear Solid games over and over.i dont have a PS3 so i dont have the new MGS4 but im sure ill be getting it soon.Beating the other ones will keep me ready for it.
Posted Image

#3028 Ennui

Ennui

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3180 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

frog paw you may have a promising posting life here, but there's no way you will make it with an a.i.m. buddy icon in your signature.

#3029 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

Lately ive just been beating all of the Metal Gear Solid games over and over.i dont have a PS3 so i dont have the new MGS4 but im sure ill be getting it soon.Beating the other ones will keep me ready for it.

Born Nov-16-1994

jesus christ

#3030 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

Born Nov-16-1994

jesus christ

this dude was 3 years old when metal gear solid 1 came out

#3031 Dread

Dread

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:54 AM

So now that Okami and ICO are the only games I'm able to play, I decided on a couple things. 1) ICO sucks. Or I suck at ICO. Probably more the latter than the former, really, but I hate having that stupid AI girl get swallowed up by one of those shadow creatures and then having to start a few screens back, which means having to platform and solve "puzzles" that I've already solved three times... again. I've wanted to get through it at least once just because it turned out to really be a sequel or whatever to Shadow of the Colossus, one of my favorite games of all-time. I just don't think I have the patience for screwing up and redoing the same thing over and over and over again. Especially not when I've gotten so used to saving all the time on other games. Hopefully I won't need any knowledge of the game if I'm ever to play Team ICO's next game because I'm selling it online. You know, the one they'll say won't be related to ICO or SOTC but will later be revealed to take place between those games later on. Okami is fun though... but I might not keep it once I'm through with it. It's a cool game, but I just like using the same cash towards something else I can play, and I don't see Okami having much replay value. I have an impossible time going back to games that I've thought had plenty of replay value. Should be getting my fixed/refurbished 360 back in a week's time, with plenty of time to spare before the August-November onslaught.

#3032 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:44 AM

Posted Image

o hell yea

XBL gamertag is "dr tug" is you're ready to get schooled

#3033 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

Blackwater to airdrop XBox & Guitar Hero over Afganistan

"When I was in Baghdad, we'd bring soldiers over to our camp over there, and we'd play this thing for hours on end," [Blackwater recruiter James] Overton said. "Every (military) place I've ever been to overseas, they've got like backgammon and Parcheesi and chess, and they're all gathering dust. But this is the stuff they play at home. And any semblance of home we can give them is best."

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#3034 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:33 PM

So the 8-bit MegaMan 9 seems pretty intriguing. The box art is awesome.

Posted Image
(glorified) lurker

#3035 Efrim

Efrim

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3280 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, Megaman 9 is some thrilling game news. It'll be like a remake where they don't even bother with the whole remaking thing. Tired, sad nostalgia mining. Too much of that in gaming these days.

#3036 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

it doesnt even make any sense considering the last two megaman games looked great on their respective consoles (7 and 8)

#3037 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

it doesnt even make any sense considering the last two megaman games looked great on their respective consoles (7 and 8)

I dunno. Those games didn't blow me away on the whole Megaman Anniversary package Capcom put together for the XBOX a few years ago. They kinda sucked. I dig the 8-bit throwback, plus the fact that its going to be downloadable for all 3 consoles. I'll probably use my Wii though, just out of loyalty to the big N's history with the series.
(glorified) lurker

#3038 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:09 AM

7 sucks but you're an idiot if you don't realize that megaman 8 had the best 2d sprite-based graphics when it was released in 1996. 8-bit "throwback" is such a lazy fucking excuse. a giant company like capcom has the resources to do great things, megaman 9 looks like it could be made by me with a megaman 2 level editor and a bottle of jack daniels

#3039 Melted Cheese

Melted Cheese

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1655 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

So now that Okami and ICO are the only games I'm able to play, I decided on a couple things.

1) ICO sucks. Or I suck at ICO. Probably more the latter than the former, really, but I hate having that stupid AI girl get swallowed up by one of those shadow creatures and then having to start a few screens back, which means having to platform and solve "puzzles" that I've already solved three times... again. I've wanted to get through it at least once just because it turned out to really be a sequel or whatever to Shadow of the Colossus, one of my favorite games of all-time. I just don't think I have the patience for screwing up and redoing the same thing over and over and over again. Especially not when I've gotten so used to saving all the time on other games. Hopefully I won't need any knowledge of the game if I'm ever to play Team ICO's next game because I'm selling it online. You know, the one they'll say won't be related to ICO or SOTC but will later be revealed to take place between those games later on.

You have to be kidding me. Yeah, you definitely suck at ICO, as I never once ran into the problems you mentioned. I always thought the appearance of the underworld creatures was always very well balanced within the puzzle-solving. It was never overbearing. And the level design... god lord. It's perfection.

BRILLIANT GAME.

Pink inspired me to pick of FFIV for DS. I played that game to shit on an SNES emulator about 10 years ago or so. And again about 5 years ago. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I'm currently enjoying it. So good, though. The little enhancements really add a lot to the DS version, too.
Posted Image

#3040 Ogawa

Ogawa

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

I've been playing waaaay too much Dwarf Fortress lately. It took me a balls long time to actually hunker down and learn how to play, but now I'm playing it non-stop. Great game. And it's always getting better.
Few beings have ever been so impregnated, pierced to the core, by the conviction of the absolute futility of human aspiration. The universe is nothing but a furtive arrangement of elementary particles. A figure in transition toward chaos. That is what will finally prevail. The human race will disappear. Other races in turn will appear and disappear. And human actions are as free and as stripped of meaning as the unfettered movements of the elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, sentiments? Pure ‘Victorian fictions.’ All that exists is egotism. Cold, intact, and radiant.

Michel Houellebecq