• Please log in to reply
3536 replies to this topic

#3201 petras

petras

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

All they would have to do to fix this problem is make the turrets actually work. I don't think i've ever seen a turret shoot down a damn thing in the space phase. If the turrets worked I wouldn't have to rush home every minute or 2 and the game would be awesome. Hell i'd even be happy if the turrets worked but I had to fly home to repair them every 10 attacks or so...i could deal with that.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."

#3202 Tracy Jacks

Tracy Jacks

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:03 PM

My thoughts on Spore after a couple of days: Cell Stage - Fun. Should be a bit longer, more detailed. Creature Stage - Fun. Should be more detailed. Too easy to max out skills of any character whether they are social or aggressive. Creature creator is fun. Tribal Stage - Tedious and simiplistic. Civilization Stage - OK, for a RTS-lite. Space Stage - Broken. Reminds me of some strategy PC games I bought in the mid/late 90s that were broken out of the box. I'm beginning to think the entire game is broken. The focus of the game is clearly on the creature creator. Unfortunately once you get past the creature stage, the characteristics of your creature don't seem to matter any more. And what you are left with is three bad mini-games that range from OK to completely broken. It's a shame really because there is something special going on during the first two stages and then it just falls apart.

#3203 JeffTweedysFatStomach

JeffTweedysFatStomach

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

Tracy Jacks is dead on. I was so excited during the first few phases of the game and was actually rambling about my creature to the point that my fiancee painted a picture of it while on acid later that night. Now I wish the poor bastard had never evolved. I'm glad that I pirated this game instead of buying at my next pay day as I had originally intended.

#3204 scarymuppet

scarymuppet

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4178 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

Just finished Mass Effect, just started Call of Duty 4.
BAN ME IF I TALK TO MONTANA

#3205 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:30 AM

Goddamn it, I forgot about double XP weekend in COD4. Oh well, back in the closet you go COD4.

#3206 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

One week until the updated Colonization comes out. I'm freaking stoked. What a geek I am.

#3207 Henrietta

Henrietta

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

One week until the updated Colonization comes out. I'm freaking stoked. What a geek I am.

I just found out about this. I can't wait.

#3208 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:21 PM

Check out

http://apolyton.net/...ization/11/159/

and

http://www.hookedoncolonization.com/

for more info/screens/videos/reviews, etc. Looks freaking phenomenal and appears to have successfully integrated Civ's mechanics and some new stuff into the game, while keeping much of the basic game from 1994 the same. Can't wait!

#3209 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

ZOMG Mega Man 2 on Virtual Console today. I'm playing it right now =D

#3210 Tracy Jacks

Tracy Jacks

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:07 PM

Count me psyched!

#3211 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hey Sausage sorry about not joining last night on RB2. Was playing with a rookie trying to coax him through, and we had to keep flipping back to MNF because of fantasy football scores. Would have been a waste of your time. Look me up some other time and rock out with The Abe Lincoln.
(glorified) lurker

#3212 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

oh yeah no prob i invited you and then completely forgot i did just finished playing w/ wakingrufus and good dr bill
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3213 ryan

ryan

God of Goldens!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4894 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

#3214 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:53 PM

I can't hang playing RB2 with Sausage. I want to play Modest Mouse and Duran Duran, but that's too easy. I have no problem playing Expert Bass though. ;)

#3215 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:35 AM

I only pretty much play the easy songs as well, because im primarily the vocalist and those are the songs i know and like to sing just because ive been playing nonstop for the last two days doesnt mean im any good at the game me and GDB have been tearing shit up though
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3216 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:34 AM

Force Unleashed is pretty fun. But the glitches and obviously limited scope of the design hurts what would have been the best SW game since KOTOR. Also, the suggestion of Vader starting the Rebellion is nonsensical. And it betrays Vader's redemption in episode 3.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#3217 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:35 AM

Spore is a massive failure as well.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#3218 cerebralcaustic

cerebralcaustic

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:01 AM

Spore is a massive failure as well.

Unprecedented 1.5 stars on Amazon, mostly due to DRM protests. I was going to ask for it for Xmas. I'm guessing I should hold off? What the hell should I ask for instead? On a Mac?

#3219 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

Ask for a gaming PC.

#3220 petras

petras

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:35 AM

I wouldn't call spore a massive failure. There is a midground between greatest game ever made and massive failure. I think spore is somewhere in between. It's got an 85 on metacritic and sales are through the roof....not really a massive failure. Maybe a massive let down....but critically and financially it's not really failing.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."