3536 replies to this topic

#361 cerebralcaustic

cerebralcaustic

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

Yep, regular plain-jane Tetris. You vs an opponent, any time you clear more than 1 line at a time, it pushes your opponent's blocks up. There are a few other modes too though. Online, there's a 4-player version, as well as a version called "Push", where you and an opponent share the same block space, with one coming from the top and one from the bottom, each one "pushing" the other in the opposite direction. I haven't played either, since that would take away from my precious 2-player time There are a few more modes in the single-player too, including a touch-screen mode

#362 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:04 PM

Nintendo sent Bush a DS Lite and Brain Age for his 60th birthday. Awesome. I'm playing... nothing exciting, unfortunately. I'm about to write my review for Field Commander (which was good), and otherwise I'm working on Jaws Unleashed for PS2 (which sucks) and Tomb Raider: Legend for PSP (bad port of great game).

#363 theremin

theremin

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6383 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

I played this Rise Of Legends at my friends house the other day. It was great, i'm jonsing to play it agin.

#364 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:01 AM

These are all arriving for review by Wednesday:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

First one direct from 2K Games for Static, other two from WorthPlaying for review. And I'm leaving for Italy in two weeks, so I'm gonna be busting my ass to finish 'em.

#365 shimmy

shimmy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

prey looks fun, but I'll rent it...not worth $65 IMO. chromehounds WAS going to be a buy for me but no offline multiplayer at all, what the hell? I bought Xmen legends II for psp and so far I like it a lot. never played the series before and its fun, just wish I would have not bought marvel nemesis (starting to get burnt on comic games) So the next 360 buy for me will be Dead Rising, gonna be so much fun!

#366 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 04:18 PM

I just played the training mission of Chromehounds. The pace could end up being impossibly slow, but everything else has seemed pretty solid so far. Four weapons -- switch with R-button, fire with R-trigger. Switch to first-person weapon view by clicking right analog; can still move in this position. Controlling the mech seems fine, but like I said... sloowwwww. Looks great in HD, and the voice acting has been good so far. The online sounds great, but I'm going to make my way through single-player first to get all of the good parts you need.

#367 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:13 AM

Chromehounds is a pretty solid title. Single-player is fine, but a bit boring. Good training for the online mode. I haven't spent much time online yet, but I found it to be overcomplicated in its setup, which has annoyed me a bit thus far... but I found a squad to join and will spent a few hours playing this weekend before reviewing it on Monday or so. Probably looking at a low 7 grade, maybe 7.3. I started playing Lord of the Rings: Battle for Midde-Earth II tonight... pretty solid. I've never gotten deep into an RTS, so this is a learning experience for me as well. I played through both of the training missions before starting the game. As long as there's enough variety to the missions, it'll probably end up with a slightly better score than Chromehounds. Prey should arrive tomorrow or Monday. I asked for it to be sent directly to me, but it was sent to Static's address. I'm really hoping for tomorrow so that I can finish it before I leave for Italy on the 24th.

#368 Mad Clown

Mad Clown

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:22 PM

Hey Duder, how did you end up liking Point Blank DS? I loved all the Point Blank games in the arcade and for PS1, and I would love to know if it's worth the $. Also, I'd definitely participate in a "greatest games" poll.

#369 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:49 PM

It's pretty solid, but all of the stages are from previous arcade/PSone releases. Worth the money? Well, depends on your love for the series. I definitely enjoyed it, but I doubt it would be worth my own $30.

#370 yikes

yikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:19 PM

i'm thinking of trading in my PD0 and getting Prey, it looks so nice. plus PD0 is buggy as hell on XBL. when you get your hands on Dead Rising, PLEASE let us know how it is.

#371 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 12:08 AM

Static Multimedia: Prey (360)

My review just went up. I thought it was excellent. Multiplayer comes up short in features, but the single-player experience tops PDZ handily.

Definitely can do. I contacted Capcom about getting a review copy for Static, but I doubt I'll be able to (they told me previously that they're usually short on review copies). If I can't get one through WorthPlaying, I'll just buy the damn thing. I'm so pumped about killing hundreds of zombies with random objects.

I just finished the Good Campaign in Battle for Middle-Earth II. I'm really digging this game... I've never played through an RTS before, console or PC. I've gotta finish up the Evil Campaign and do some Live play by Sunday night. Leaving for Italy on Monday, and I need to get my review in before I go.

#372 yikes

yikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:24 AM

awesome! nice review, btw. i think i'll get prey. what's your gamertag? i'll you to my friends and bump your rep. i'm "thatgamer," maybe we can play Uno, Prey or Halo 2.

#373 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:17 PM

Awesome, thanks. My gamertag is the same as my name here, "deja andyroo" I won't be able to play anything for a couple of weeks, because I'm spending the next two days focused on finishing up LOTR, then I'll be going on vacation for nine days, but maybe we can play something in August when everything's back to normal for me.

#374 yikes

yikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image

that first icon means that i have Street Fighter 2 and am currently getting destroyed in it.

#375 BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

BRANDON BOYD FROM INCUBUS

all sorts of chill

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5776 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

so how is sf II on live arcade? i'm guessing that pretty much everyone on there would be better than me, I can't win without ryu, ken or chun-li.

#376 yikes

yikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

i only played 2 online matches this morning before work. it worked extremely well IMO. i've been reading on other forums that some people are not liking it. i think it's boss.

#377 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:08 PM

add me as an xbox live friend. 'HartsyThaiFood' is the name
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#378 yikes

yikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

add me as an xbox live friend.

'HartsyThaiFood' is the name

done

#379 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:13 PM

i really need to get some bucks and get an xbox live gold account. having silver is fine and dandy but i really need to play online against people. i would imagine street fighter is hella fun online.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#380 yikes

yikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

i really need to get some bucks and get an xbox live gold account. having silver is fine and dandy but i really need to play online against people. i would imagine street fighter is hella fun online.

it's worth it. i got a deal online for xbox live gold. it was the special package with a headset, $20 rebate on a game ($40 oblivion!), 1 year gold and Billard 2 (XBLA) for like $63 shipped. not bad.

anyways, you can always just download the Dead Rising Demo that just came out and kill time that way.