3536 replies to this topic

#701 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:07 PM

oh i know. andyroo is like king shit of fuck mountain when it comes to gaming. he is what we all, deep down, aspire to be.

he's out there making a little fucking difference.

:lol: :lol:

Thanks... maybe? I'm lost.

Excite Truck for the Wii gives you trophies when you get certain amounts of Truck Smashes and Super Drifts and such, which is heart-smashing, because it makes you realize that an overall points system could have been amazing.

Viva Pinata is still cool. I got occupied with other things after a dozen hours of play and never really got back into it. You've gotta stay focused... believe in the Pinata.

#702 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

if my memory serves me correctly, it is a mr. show reference. mr. show references = funny.

and yeah, i just might invest in Pinata. I didn't love Animal Crossing, but that was largely because I never wanted to spend the time on it. Now, though, I feel the need to work at a nurturing video game where I do random, mundane shit. Will this fit my quota?
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#703 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:25 PM

if my memory serves me correctly, it is a mr. show reference. mr. show references = funny.

True, Mr. Show references are funny. Though I've only seen the entire series once, and it was a couple years back... so many of the references are lost on me, sadly. :mellow:

As for the Pinata, yeah, it might do the trick. You may consider renting it first if you're unsure, but then again, if you've got crazy Crizmuzz cazh to blow, then fuck it, make it your own. Though Marvel Ultimate Alliance might be cool, too...

#704 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:08 AM

my friend works as a QA tester down in champaign for volition and apparently everyone takes this achievement crap really seriously. When he works phones, over half the calls are people asking why they didn't get any achievement points when they played the game, probably because they put in codes or something. Anyway, yeah, achievements are fucking stupid. Yet another way for nerds who spend way too much time playing online games to pointlessly brag about how great they are. Here's hoping the gamer community doesn't start acting like a bunch of users on gamefaqs or something.

Oh man, my post count is awesome.

Though Marvel Ultimate Alliance might be cool, too...

This is like the best game. Fucking Galactus is in it! whoo. and Deadpool is playable.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#705 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:35 PM

Posted Image

Got a review copy coming of this tomorrow or Friday. Probably sucks, but my editors are on vacation for the next week-plus, and I needed to pick enough titles to last me for a while. I likely will not start it until the end of the month, as I'm currently also working on Super Swing Golf (liking it) and Elebits (kinda boring), and I've got Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories begging to be played more. And I'm expecting three or four games for Christmas...

Fuuuuuuck.

#706 yikes

yikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:56 AM

Though Marvel Ultimate Alliance might be cool, too...

This is like the best game. Fucking Galactus is in it! whoo. and Deadpool is playable.

i loved MUA. THE MOST kickass team is Blade, Luke Cage, Wolverine & Ghost Rider. They all have hot regeneration skillz; they never die.

got 810 achievement points from that game.

#707 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:48 PM

Really? I think most people would agree that Blade is one of the most useless characters in the game, as far as I know, he can't regen either. The regen characters were Wolverine, Deadpool, and Luke Cage. My team going through was Deadpool, Thor, Doctor Strange, and Wolverine with my friends. Doctor Strange kept turning everyone into boxes, he was an asshole.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#708 yikes

yikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:47 PM

blade is half-vampire, that's why he's got regeneration. it might not be in his default costume though. Ghost Rider doesn't have regen, but he just kicks so much ass with his special chain attack.

#709 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:15 PM

i picked up Viva Pinata last night. It's pretty fun and seems like it will be one of those addicting games that I will regret buying beause it will officially kill any social life I once tried to have.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#710 TJENZ

TJENZ

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10508 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:24 PM

i loved MUA. THE MOST kickass team is Blade, Luke Cage, Wolverine & Ghost Rider. They all have hot regeneration skillz; they never die.

That's the same team I've been playing.

2008-01-15-coopdevil01_lg.jpg

#711 moins

moins

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:39 AM

Posted Image

Six Hours in on my friends copy of the game. I think I have the setting on too easy... :huh:

Posted Image
I'm taking the bears to the superbowl in my franchise and I ditched Grise, Benson and a draft pick for Michael Vick (not sure if it was worth it yet...)

#712 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

I bought a PlayStation 3! omgomgomg

#713 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:46 AM

Posted Image

I bought a PlayStation 3! omgomgomg

Why? For the love of god, why?
"Eww! You guys START with that?" Liz Lemon

Posted Image

#714 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:50 AM

The stars aligned! Mostly because I review games (hopefully for a living within a few months) and it'll allow me to have access to more games and expand my knowledge base a bit. Also, I got a $100 AmEx Gift Cheque from one of the sites I write for, and had $150 in store credit. Still spent over $550 between the system, Resistance: Fall of Man, and accessories. :/ I wouldn't buy it now if I didn't want it for review purposes. Other than Resistance, there's very little worth playing that can't be experienced on the Xbox 360. Actually, I don't think there's anything else coming out that I want until March, when Motor Storm and maybe MLB07 come out. I should be able to get a few review games to keep me busy in the meantime. Also; I can rent Blu-Ray movies from Netflix, so that'll be cool. I nabbed the DVD remote for it.

#715 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:19 AM

More weekend games discussion, stat!

Posted Image

So I'm playing this. I've only played maybe an hour and a half so far, and the best term I have at the moment is adequately great. Everything I've played so far has been of a high quality -- the graphics, the control scheme, the weapons, etc. But nothing has really shocked, surprised, or exceeded expectations yet. That said, the later parts of the game look to be quite excellent, with monstrous bosses and crazier weapons. It reminds me a ton of Half-Life 2 -- and I've never really played HL2, ha. At this point, it doesn't have anything on Gears of War.

I nabbed the Gran Turismo HD Concept free download today. Meh. It looks great, but it's the same old song and dance. Slow, touchy racing. Give me Burnout or Need for Speed, any day.

I beat Elebits for the Wii today; about to write my review. I'm planning on giving it a 6.9/10. It does have some fun moments, especially in the later part of the game, but it's also fairly repetitive and sluggish.

#716 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 02:18 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#717 Asher Ford

Asher Ford

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1172 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:46 PM

Got a wii for christmas. Yay, it's awesome. Been playing Wii Sports all day, so I'm kinda worn out. I'll go pick up Zelda and something else later this week with christmas cash, anybody able to suggest a great multiplayer game out there yet?

#718 jasperjones

jasperjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:53 PM

i received an xbox 360! woohoo! i have dead rising, gears of war, rainbow 6 las vegas and all the super 'fun' burger king games. my gamer tag is 'jasper jones.' how about that. hey chief, let's play, why not?

#719 The Luscious Phil

The Luscious Phil

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3601 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:07 AM

been rocking Jade Empire for the last couple of hours. hell yes, it is awesome.
Posted Image

#720 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:47 AM

Got a wii for christmas. Yay, it's awesome. Been playing Wii Sports all day, so I'm kinda worn out. I'll go pick up Zelda and something else later this week with christmas cash, anybody able to suggest a great multiplayer game out there yet?

I don't know about a great multiplayer game. I really like Excite Truck, but it only supports two players and just in standard races. Still, it's probably my favorite game on the system so far (though I haven't played enough of Zelda yet).

I got Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii), F.E.A.R. (360), Elite Beat Agents (DS), and Yoshi's Island DS for Christmas. Hot. I'll start Trauma Center when I finish up with Super Swing Golf, and maybe start F.E.A.R. when I'm done with Resistance: Fall of Man. Don't want too many active projects on my plate.

Speaking of... I'm going to write my review of Tomb Raider: Legend on DS and get that shit off my mind. Bad port of a great console game.