#801 jasperjones

jasperjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

http://biz.gamedaily...ature/?id=14971

should i panic now, or later?

No worries. Neversoft has always delivered quality product (even the worst Tony Hawk game is better than a lot of other junk), and it would be hard to fuck up Guitar Hero at this point.

Hell, Harmonix created the Karaoke Revolution games, but handed the latest version (the American Idol one) to Blitz Games (creators of the BK games). It's just as good as the old stuff.

lets hope. i'm still not sure if i am willing to put the money down on gh2 for 360 after already having it for ps2. i think i'll see what downloadable songs they have to offer first.

#802 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

Super Mario War, AKA Mario Deathmatch, the idea of which is to stomp as many other Marios as you can. Up to 4 players can play at once.

Posted Image
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...

#803 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:55 PM

Super Mario War, AKA Mario Deathmatch, the idea of which is to stomp as many other Marios as you can. Up to 4 players can play at once.

Posted Image

verdict?
(glorified) lurker

#804 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:33 PM

I'm playing Resident Evil 4 through again, but I'm playing like a total jew. Just got a perfect on El Gigante and I have all these fucking herbs and useless ammo in my lunch box.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#805 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Got these coming for review in a couple days. Hot.

Well, GT Pro Series is supposed to be terrible, but it comes with a steering wheel attachment for the Wiimote. I'm all about that.

#806 Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ҈҉Ѡ

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9457 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

Definitely playing this until three in the morning last night.
Aren't there any girls out their who like good music? I need to and want to meet them. My favorite bands are Overkill River, The Nife, Songs:Ohio, and Nuetral Milk Hotel. Please let me know if your into indy music and like to go to show's and drink beer's and makeout.

#807 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

I'm playing Resident Evil 4 through again, but I'm playing like a total jew. Just got a perfect on El Gigante and I have all these fucking herbs and useless ammo in my lunch box.

I borrowed a GC and played through this for the first time recently. Beat it over the holidays. Great shit. Anyone bored with their Wii ('cuz they beat Zelda and Wii Sports is only fun in multiplayer) should pick this up and a GC controller. One of the best single-player campaign games I have ever played. Incredible.

Every possible death of Leon. Some great stuff here I never saw while playing.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c.../v/1byuR5x2JuM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
(glorified) lurker

#808 Nixon

Nixon

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

Once you've got the Chicago Typewriter you can just blow through this game. But in such a fucking fun and still satisfying way.

#809 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

I beat it last night, i dunno if I have the energy for a second playthrough right now though. I had something like 100 shotgun shells at the end of the game because i used the pistol on pretty much everything but bosses.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#810 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8960 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:06 PM

Anyone ever played any of the Persona games? The plots sound fantastic.

Persona:
"The first Persona game, known in Japan as Megami Ibunroku Persona: Be Your True Mind, focused on the main character and his friends at St. Hermelin High School in the city of Lunarvale. After playing a ritual-like game called "Persona", the hero and company end up passing out. While asleep, they meet a man who calls himself Philemon, represented with a golden butterfly. After waking up, the youths eventually discover they can summon other "selves", or Persona, with incredible powers. Meanwhile, Guido Sardenia, head of the powerful SEBEC corporation, has invented a machine to create and allow passage to an alternate dimension using electromagnetic waves. These waves end up coming from the mind of Mary Sonomura, a frail bedridden girl and friend of the main character's. Confined to a hospital bed, Mary has trouble interacting with others, and holds a fantasy world in her mind which is nearly identical to the real world save for her being healthy. While visiting Mary in the hospital, the main character and his other friends are inadvertently transported to Mary's "ideal world", where they must contend with leagues of demons and three different aspects of Mary to find their way back to their own world and save the real Mary."

Persona 2:
"A few years after the events of the first title, Tsumi occurs in the fictional Sumaru City. The main focus of the game is the subjective nature of reality, with rumors holding the power to literally alter the face of reality and change the world itself.

The protagonist of the story is a young High School student, Suou Tatsuya, whose path becomes intertwined with two other students, Mishina Eikichi and Lisa Silverman, as they encounter the enigmatic, rumored Joker-sama, a mysterious being who will appear before anyone who calls themselves on their own cell phone, and offers to grant their deepest wishes. Anyone who fails to tell Joker-sama their wishes, either because they lack one or do not wish to tell, will have their life energy stolen, turning them into Shadow People. Upon meeting the three students, Joker-sama is angered that they do not recognize him, as he claims they have done something horrible to him in the past. Swearing revenge, he departs, leaving the three students confused, and eager to investigate about this Joker-sama, after they have released their Personae and met with the enigmatic Philemon."

#811 cerebralcaustic

cerebralcaustic

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

Posted Image

I played this game for 3 hours last night. I. Just. Couldn't. Stop. It has that "just one more song" addictiveness. Then when I finally did close my eyes to go to sleep, all I saw were those wonderful colored number-circles, an effect that hasn't happened since Tetris

I'm still playing the hell out of this. Once you get into the groove of a song, it's just so much fun. Also, the difficulty ramp-up is awesome--each new song and difficulty level is just a little harder than the one you just finished. Very highly recommended to all with a DS

#812 Midnite_Vulture

Midnite_Vulture

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

5 dungeons in, got all the free heart containers and the blue ring, will probably finish this shit tomorrow.

I've been meaning to beat this game now for about 3 years. Ever since I made it up to the 6th dungeon and lost my shield, I kinda lost the fire to go on. Add to that school and everything, and I kinda forgot about it. I'm probably gonna start over next time I play since I forgot nearly everything I did. Also, are you playing this on an emulator or on the original NES? I'm old school al the way.

Also, I got a Wii about 3 weeks ago, so you can guys expect to see a lot more of me in this thread. I've been holding off on buying Twilight Princess until I got a job, but when my friend bought The Wind Waker for me as a graduation/Christmas gift, I kinda got carried away and started buying a few more Gamecube games. The Wii is the newest system I've had since the Super Nintendo, so the fact that it plays Gamecube games is extremely sweet. Here's what's been taking up my time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I haven't been getting much sleep recently.

MV's blog: http://h-b-e.blogspot.com

MV's other blog about every mixtape he's ever made: http://mixedreaction.blogspot.com

"Our clique is the world. The world is our clique"

#813 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:24 PM

Haha, I actually downloaded it for Wii. I beat it the day after i made that post. That sixth dungeon is a bitch cuz of the shield eaters and the wizards. Not as bad as ganons dungeon though.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#814 Midnite_Vulture

Midnite_Vulture

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:25 PM

Haha, I actually downloaded it for Wii. I beat it the day after i made that post. That sixth dungeon is a bitch cuz of the shield eaters and the wizards.

Not as bad as ganons dungeon though.

That does it. When I buy another Wii-mote and Nunchuk, I'm getting an USB connector and some points so I can get my Virtual Shop on. Punch-Out and Metroid have been calling me. I still buy a lot of Nintendo and Super Nintendo games, but I'm gonna try out the Virtual Shop and see it how feels. I may still get an N64 instead of buying the games online because who knows how long it will be before games from third party developers become available for purchase.

MV's blog: http://h-b-e.blogspot.com

MV's other blog about every mixtape he's ever made: http://mixedreaction.blogspot.com

"Our clique is the world. The world is our clique"

#815 shimmy

shimmy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:24 PM

you guys diggin the Crackdown demo on 360? Pretty fun, but once you level up a few times theres a 30 min. timer.....

#816 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

I plan on nabbing that shortly. I've spent the last couple days playing GT Pro Series on Wii. What a crappy game. It's a direct port of a 2003 GameCube game, but it looks and plays like a PSone game. Sad. Might review that tonight and get it off my plate.

#817 yeknom

yeknom

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

I'm a nerd. So I'll soon be playing Vanguard for PC.

#818 jasperjones

jasperjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

you guys diggin the Crackdown demo on 360?

Pretty fun, but once you level up a few times theres a 30 min. timer.....

the demo is a blast and has sold me on the game. playing co-op is good times with so many possibilities for some fucked up shenanigans. i could pretty much jump from rooftop to rooftop all day.

#819 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

whoa this game sounds awesome just by the 'jump rooftop to rooftop' possibilty. i need to nab this when i get home.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#820 Freddie Freelance

Freddie Freelance

Dieu d'Or

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6335 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

WiiMote-Controlled, Sword Weilding Robot Arm

Posted Image
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S.
Posted Image

Should have stayed home and drank beer instead of going to work today.

Now Playing: Brahms, Symphony No 2; Giulini - Wiener

Heh heh, he said "Wiener"...