3536 replies to this topic

#1661 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

I've never played a Mario game in my life and really have no interest in playing one. Not saying I wouldn't enjoy it if I tried, I just don't have any interest in even trying.

#1662 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:55 PM

Mario Galaxy has me more snazzed for any game ever except for the excruciating waits for Super Mario 64 and Final Fantasy VII. If you own a Wii and you don't have it reserved or are for some reason holding some reservations on it's quality, you are a total lunatic and don't deserve to play video games

ahahaha. reservations about quality not = to unwilling to proclaim it GOY before playing one minute of it.
(glorified) lurker

#1663 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

its game of the year like i knew rocky balboa would be in my top 3 films last year, easy bet for me
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1664 cerebralcaustic

cerebralcaustic

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 11:50 PM

I've never played a Mario game in my life

:blink: That's worse than never seeing Star Wars, never hearing Nevermind, and never surfing the Internet. Combined.

#1665 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:04 AM

Man I would love to see Galaxy win GOTY honors from some publication, but this year is so stacked with quality titles. I can't remember the last time a field was this crowded. Fuck now that I think about it, I'm just glad there are all these games to look forward to. I can't wait to play Galaxy, Rock Band, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, etc etc etc...Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, Contra 4...Guitar Hero 3, Smash Bros....If I had a PS3 I'd want to check out Uncharted. Lot's of rentals/purchases ahead.

#1666 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:17 AM

SONIC CONFIRMED IN SSBB

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1667 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:17 AM

OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY FUCKING LIFE
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1668 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:38 AM

:blink: That's worse than never seeing Star Wars, never hearing Nevermind, and never surfing the Internet. Combined.

Yeah, wow, didn't even see this post maybe because I had it blocked out by instinct. Can we please ban this idiot???
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1669 moins

moins

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:01 AM

OH MY FUCKING GOD THIS IS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY FUCKING LIFE

radiohead and sonic will fuckin' do that

#1670 throughsilver

throughsilver

What happened last night?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 03:43 AM

Mario Galaxy has been my most wanted game ever since I saw that bee video. It's fucking mental.

Posted Image

#1671 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8960 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:54 AM

SONIC CONFIRMED IN SSBB

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

The event we've been waiting a lifetime for is here. Words fail me.

#1672 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:56 AM

Yeah, wow, didn't even see this post maybe because I had it blocked out by instinct. Can we please ban this idiot???

Gee, thanks. These types of games have never interested me, sorry. Even as a kid, I was all about sports and strategy games on the PC. I didn't own a console between Atari and the PS2 I bought last year (almost exactly a year ago, actually), except for a Playstation I went in on with some friends in college around 1991 so we could play some college football game that was out at the time (that was the only game we bought for it).

Mario was in Donkey Kong, right? I guess if that counts, I've played a Mario game.

#1673 MadroXXX

MadroXXX

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1909 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

SONIC CONFIRMED IN SSBB

:o

All this game needs now is Megaman & Bomberman.

#1674 Tracy Jacks

Tracy Jacks

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

Unfortunately, the US release date for Smash Brothers has been changed to "TBD" on the Dojo site.

#1675 undo

undo

future thug

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8960 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

SONIC CONFIRMED IN SSBB

:o

All this game needs now is Megaman & Bomberman.

I was going to say that it would be really hard to include Megaman since they'd have to find a way for him to mimick his opponent's attacks. But Kirby already does that, right? It's been two years since I've played Melee.

Super Bomberman 2 is one of my all-time top 3 so obviously that would be great, too. But now I'm just dreaming. Cloud Strife? Shinobi? Pac Man?

#1676 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:07 PM

Mario was in Donkey Kong, right? I guess if that counts, I've played a Mario game.

your soul is saved!!

Mega Man might be in, they do have some composers from capcom working on the music.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1677 ParticleHustler

ParticleHustler

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5460 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:49 PM

your soul is saved!!

That was like, what, 1982 or so? I've never played a console Mario game, though.

#1678 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

Meh, too late if you ask me. Sonic hasn't been relevant since Sonic Adventure on the DC, but whatever. I would have been suprised if it didn't happen considering how Sega's focused changed from hardware to software. I'll take pleasure smacking around Sonic fan boys with Mario, and vice versa. Whoo hoo my gf's friend loaned me Bioshock. Finally I get to see what the fuss is about.

#1679 Tracy Jacks

Tracy Jacks

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:15 PM

Confirmed today, Smash Brothers has been delayed in the US until Feb 10. No reason given. It's probalby just as well. Nintendo will already have one blockbuster title out for the holidays. And since the company is still expecting console shortages, it's not like they need it to drive sales. And this will help fill up the usual game drought between the holidays and May. Still pisses me off, though, as it smacks of marketing schenanigans (like the rumors that Mario has been ready to go since the summer) and jerking around the customer base (who's had to live through a long game drought on the Wii between Zelda and Metroid).

#1680 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

Let the blame game begin. THANKS A LOT SONIC. It's a relief. Too many games coming out in November/December. I kinda wish they would delay a few more games.