3536 replies to this topic

#1701 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

At the risk of getting swallowed up in the SF4 hype, this definitely deserves a look: Brütal Legend. From Tim Schafer who blew my mind with the design and creativity of Psychonauts. You play a roadie who wears a possessed belt buckle that comes to life and transports you to The Land of Rock and Roll and then the rest looks like decapitations, disembowling, huge bosses, a giant battle axe, blood splatters, fast cars and naked groupie chicks.

No doubt it will be fantastic.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macr...ersion=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="409"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrail...hp?mid=26524"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrail....php?mid=26524" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="409"></embed> </object>
(glorified) lurker

#1702 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

whoa didnt know Tim Schafer was making a new game today is a good day to be an american
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1703 Dread

Dread

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:32 AM

Someday I'm going to have to pick up Psychonauts. I played through most of it with a rental, but it was really imaginative and I would like to play through it again... and keep it. The milkman level seriously screwed with my equilibrium.

Posted Image

Never owned it. Just bought it. I have not played this since probably 2000. I have to give it credit for being the first, but I think the next two improved upon it on every level. Yes, even Sons of Liberty. It gives me a chance to play through all three near the same time though. I play on tackling 2 next, and then 3... probably next year. I don't see my time being devoted much to games I've already played once Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect drop.

#1704 throughsilver

throughsilver

What happened last night?

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:58 AM

no seriously, i thought that was the trailer for the HD live arcade street fighter coming out

when i saw the end title reveal i went light-headed

Tell me about it. Pretty easily my favourite fighting game series ever. The news of a new proper sequel is fucking mental, especially given how awesome Third Strike was on my DC.

Posted Image

#1705 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:27 AM

whoa didnt know Tim Schafer was making a new game

today is a good day to be an american

I guess you recruit head-banging moshers to your cause, and send them out w/ squad-based commands to smite your demonic enemies. hahaha
(glorified) lurker

#1706 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:56 PM

whoa didnt know Tim Schafer was making a new game

today is a good day to be an american

I guess you recruit head-banging moshers to your cause, and send them out w/ squad-based commands to smite your demonic enemies. hahaha

hate to call game of the year already, but
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1707 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:05 PM

Who here has a computer powerful enough to run Half Life 2 and Half Life 2 Episode 1? I need system specs, people.
Every Sunday morning I wake up
I see you by your dresser doing your make-up
Fluttering a Chinese fan in a Knoxville fashion
All last night you tossed and turned
Your body was hotter than the night Richmond burned
You say you had a bad nightmare about tractor trailers crashing
- The Felice Brothers

#1708 Tracy Jacks

Tracy Jacks

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Who here has a computer powerful enough to run Half Life 2 and Half Life 2 Episode 1? I need system specs, people.

System Requirements Lab

#1709 enjoi

enjoi

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

Do yourself a favor and get a computer powerful enough to run Crysis.
Posted Image

#1710 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:36 PM

System Requirements Lab

Thx for the response, but I don't need a powerful computer. The computers I have are running quads and duos at 1333, and have Nvidia 8000 generation video cards in them. The reason I asked is I am giving away a free copy of Half Life 2 and Half Life 2 Episode 1. I want to give it to someone who can use it. I need to see system specs.
- The Felice Brothers

#1711 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:07 PM

Do yourself a favor and get a computer powerful enough to run Crysis.

Haha there are only four computers on Earth that can run Crysis.

#1712 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:11 AM

Picked up Orange Box over the weekend. Word to the wise: don't try to play Portal at 2:00 in the morning while drunk. Hurts your head. A wee bit of vertigo can be induced, as well.
(glorified) lurker

#1713 scarymuppet

scarymuppet

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4178 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

Mercury Meltdown Revolution (for Wii) is pretty damn addictive and only $20.
BAN ME IF I TALK TO MONTANA

#1714 SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:13 PM

Spartan Lasering an occupied Warthog as it's about to crush you from above makes me feel like a big man. God I love Halo.
"Eww! You guys START with that?" Liz Lemon

Posted Image

#1715 Tracy Jacks

Tracy Jacks

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:59 PM

Got a new PC this week. Excellent, I thought, I can play Bioshock (I don't have an XBox and my 6 year old PC couldn't run it). Buy it, load it, run it -- no sound. Known issue with Vista and my sound chip (common to many new Dell systmes, so tons of people are having this problem). Developer has not released a patch. How many weeks has the game been out? Message boards say running game in XP compatibility mode will get sound back, but may lead to stability issues. I do this, sound works fine, but game crashes every 10 minutes or so for different reasons, making the game unplayable. Supposedly PC Gamer has an article where a Bioshock developer talks about how great the game runs on Vista. I remember now why I gave up on PC gaming.

#1716 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:03 PM

Got a new PC this week. Excellent, I thought, I can play Bioshock (I don't have an XBox and my 6 year old PC couldn't run it). Buy it, load it, run it -- no sound. Known issue with Vista and my sound chip (common to many new Dell systmes, so tons of people are having this problem). Developer has not released a patch. How many weeks has the game been out? Message boards say running game in XP compatibility mode will get sound back, but may lead to stability issues. I do this, sound works fine, but game crashes every 10 minutes or so for different reasons, making the game unplayable. Supposedly PC Gamer has an article where a Bioshock developer talks about how great the game runs on Vista.

I remember now why I gave up on PC gaming.

What Dell desktop did you buy? Their "slim" designs are prone to overheating.
- The Felice Brothers

#1717 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

Yeah, this is awesome. Played about an hour and a half this afternoon -- definite purchase for PS3 owners.

Also have been working through Half-Life 2 on Xbox 360. In the eighth mission, nearly to Nova Prospekt. Currently kinda stuck fighting off two of those alien helicopter things... there's rockets everywhere, but venturing out of hiding spots gets you shot to shit. I have a feeling it'll be one of those situations where I'll just have to keep doing it until I get lucky.

#1718 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:09 PM

Street Fighter 4 Trailer. Epic. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...sEjckMGM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."

#1719 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:18 PM

I saw that in person in London last week when they announced it. I tried getting details out of the Capcom producers, but they weren't saying a thing.

#1720 Damo Suzuki

Damo Suzuki

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3715 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:29 PM

Though unlikely, I would love an Okami-style Street Fighter. Those ink blot/blood splatters as you launch into a 18-hit Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku combo would be unimaginably awesome.
"One can't love man without hating most of the creatures who pretend to bear his name."