3536 replies to this topic

#1901 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:30 AM

haha breaking street date is awesome. its fun when people IM me and are like "hey i just picked up mario galaxy" and i'm like "lol i beat that a week ago"
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1902 jasperjones

jasperjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:24 PM

yeah, i remember how proud i was of myself for getting guitar hero 2 a week early.

#1903 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:24 PM

Due to an inconsiderate suicide in the extended family, my young nephew will be staying the week at my house. Thus, Rock Band launch is PARTIALLY RUINED.

#1904 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 12:36 PM

I don't think that's the reaction your relative envisioned from you.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1905 scarymuppet

scarymuppet

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 4178 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for Wii is damn good. The control is probably even better than Metroid as far as first person stuff goes. They've got a few gimmicky controls that it could do without, such as twisting the remote to zoom in/out with the sniper rifle (i guess like you would a scope) and putting the remote on your shoulder for the bazooka, but otherwise it's really great. The fact that you can reduce the dead zone (the part of the screen where you can point without moving the camera) to virtually zero really helps. Haven't played the on-rails mode yet. My main complaint about the game is the AI. I've only played the mission mode in the easiest setting, but the behavior of enemies was silly even for that at some points. It's certainly not as good as some of the Call of Duty games I've played. However, it's still a lot of fun, with tons of Nazis running at you, and a lot of variety. The other awesome thing is the multiplayer. It's certainly the most rich online-multiplayer we've seen on the Wii, with games of up to 32 players at a time, deathmatch, team deathmatch, or capture-the-flag. I experienced zero lag. My only problem was that due to my shitty wireless hub, my connection dropped once in a while. But that would happen with any game/system. All FPS developers for the Wii need to learn from this game. Oh, and my name is also scarymuppet on the EA online thing, so look for me around there.
BAN ME IF I TALK TO MONTANA

#1906 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:42 PM

Due to an inconsiderate suicide in the extended family, my young nephew will be staying the week at my house.

Thus, Rock Band launch is PARTIALLY RUINED.

Nominated for most shallow, materialistic post of the year.
Every Sunday morning I wake up
I see you by your dresser doing your make-up
Fluttering a Chinese fan in a Knoxville fashion
All last night you tossed and turned
Your body was hotter than the night Richmond burned
You say you had a bad nightmare about tractor trailers crashing
- The Felice Brothers

#1907 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

I'm okay with that, considering the circumstances. Picked up the Wii Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training. The neph seems to like it, and the game actually looks like a lot of fun, considering the price.

#1908 Montana

Montana

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11536 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

I'm okay with that, considering the circumstances.

We all have it in us at some point or another.
Every Sunday morning I wake up
I see you by your dresser doing your make-up
Fluttering a Chinese fan in a Knoxville fashion
All last night you tossed and turned
Your body was hotter than the night Richmond burned
You say you had a bad nightmare about tractor trailers crashing
- The Felice Brothers

#1909 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

I can't feel bad about the guy. Pretty sure he left young'ins behind.

#1910 Sam

Sam

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

Galaxy is pretty good. 12 stars in. Just completed the first galaxy and a little bit more. My concern was that the level design would be limited to leaping from small asteroid to small asteroid like in the tutorial. That's what most of the vids online I saw focused on, and glad to see the environment open up a bit. After spending a fair amount of time with this, Orange Box, Halo3 and Bioshock this fall, its looking more and more like Bioshock is untouchable as GOY.
(glorified) lurker

#1911 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:57 PM

your retardedness never ceases to amaze me
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1912 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

http://www.ajc.com/s...kband_1115.html

Bam.

(I'm Andrew Hayward, by the way. Read/skim the damn story!)

#1913 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

After spending a fair amount of time with this, Orange Box, Halo3 and Bioshock this fall, its looking more and more like Bioshock is untouchable as GOY.

Yeaaaaaaahh....I don't know. I haven't played Orange Box or Mario yet, but BioShock won't have an easy go at it. BioShock is beautiful, and the story is well written, and engrossing, but I wasn't wowed the entire way through BioShock, and Halo 3 single player is unplayable IMO(Campaign co-op, and multiplayer is friggin' awesome though). Everything has some flaws I guess though. Really need to get Mario on the cheap come Black Friday. Rock Band tomorrow though.

#1914 shimmy

shimmy

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:16 AM

game of the year will be mass effect IMO can't wait to go pick it up!

#1915 Undercooked Sausage

Undercooked Sausage

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13801 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:35 AM

alright i got a copy of rock band sitting in the backseat of my car but no 360 to play it with, lol
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1916 Dread

Dread

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:38 AM

Bioshock and Mass Effect are going to be the only games of 2007 I'll buy this year, but Bioshock is one of my favorite games of recent memory, so I wouldn't be suprised if it wins a couple GOTY awards from... somebody. I haven't been a Nintendo gamer since the 8-bit days so Mario really doesn't mean anything to me (although I always wanted to play 64), and Halo has always been overblown since the days of the first game. Good thing I'm not doing any voting then since I'll only have those two games.

#1917 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

alright i got a copy of rock band sitting in the backseat of my car but no 360 to play it with, lol

oh man... :blink:

i want to play the freaking drums, but my GF has a study group over, and she said the drums are too loud. CURSE YOU CRUEL FATE. the guitar is taking some getting used to. i do enjoy the quiet strum bar, but at the same time it feels weird. kinda like your sacrificing silence for flimsiness(sp?). i havent had the nerve to really try the solo buttons yet either. only during those freestyle parts. but yeah its cool. need to get a bunch of people together to see what its really like.

#1918 Andyroo

Andyroo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

Posted Image

Reviewing it. Pretty solid so far from what I've played; dig the customization.

Otherwise, just Rock Band. Just Rock Band.

#1919 Spiz

Spiz

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:58 AM

[quote name='Andyroo' post='511755' date='Nov 21 2007, 09:00 PM'
Otherwise, just Rock Band. Just Rock Band.[/quote]

I just played the game with two other people. Sooo fun. Way more exciting than playing alone. Didn't know you had to turn a controller on to use the mic. Spent 20 frustrating minutes NOT playing.

#1920 Dread

Dread

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:20 AM

Um... Mass Effect. Yeah. But I've barely played it.