• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#1 _____________

din da da...

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13368 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:25 AM

it is time for camping again... car camping... backpacking... sleeping in the yard...

what are you into?

Posted Image

#2 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

i like to camp.....we're trying to set up a weekend up at devils lake this summer. and of course the annual august trip up to the wolf river for some camping, drunken river rafting and god knows what else.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image

#3 zolacolby

zolacolby

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:50 AM

Having one's clothes smell like
a campfire is one of life's pleasures.
Nothing beat sitting aroung a campfire
at night with a few friends, a case of beer
and a bottle of tequlia.

i like to camp.....we're trying to set up a weekend up at devils lake this summer. and of course the annual august trip up to the wolf river for some camping, drunken river rafting and god knows what else.

Mmmmmmm, Beavers Falls. (Edit) Make that Big Smokey Falls. Got my rivers mixed up.
"Maybe I should follow you around and smartify everything you say." "in barlight she looked allright, in daylight she looked desperate." "I'm gonna shower in that shit"

#4 Jimmy TKB

Jimmy TKB

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6325 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:25 AM

I totally went drunk river rafting on the Wolf when I was like 16. The falls were so amazing. I don't know if my messed up body can handle it anymore though...

#5 tweed

tweed

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:00 AM

Ahhhhhh tis the season . . . . I'm heading down to Shelbyville next weekend for the first summer outing. We usually try to get at least 4-5 weekends every summer -- usually highlighted with a big group outing to Bong Rec. One of the best trips we do is the "lazy river' tubing trip on the Wisconsin River. Everybody gets an innertube and a cooler and you spend the day getting drunk and sunburned winding your way down river. You can't beat it.
Twilight Revival
Friday, March 13th - Thornwood Lounge (Wood Dale,IL)
Tuesday, April 21 - Abbey Pub (Chicago, IL)

Web Site I MySpace

#6 avec

avec

forever alien

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5859 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:38 AM

I go camping, but my friends have been getting increasingly harder to organize for a trip. We used to go out to Kankakee or Starved Rock, usually.

#7 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:53 AM

camping = two-star hotel

#8 nobodies

nobodies

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3852 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:56 AM

I kind of hate camping. It was ok when I was younger, but I have so little free time as it is, that there are many more things I would place above it. Would much rather spend a weekend in Vegas than in the woods.

#9 Seamus

Seamus

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5301 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:12 AM

Camping rocks, wheher you car camp, pack it in, whatever. Simakos, may this be the year we finally organize a rendesvouz...I got my eye on Mirror Lake State Park...looks kinda pretty from the interstate. I've actually been meaning to round up all my gear...haven't used it in a couple of years.

#10 pong

pong

Rockist

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9208 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:15 AM

I'd like to go camping or hang out with my friend Simakos, but he won't call me... Let's go camping!

#11 rudayo

rudayo

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:15 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1468 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:19 AM

Usually once a year with some college friends at the Champ Car race in Elkhart Lake. Nothing like waking up to the sound of 900 HP race cars winding up their engines. After many, many beers we usually end up taking shots at the Port-O-Let with a soccer ball to light up the person inside. Last year was priceless when this drunken one-armed midget came running at us with his beer koozie firmly planted on his stump of an arm. Good times.
Right in that meaty part of the curve. Not showing off, not falling behind.

#13 biggie mcsmalls

biggie mcsmalls

ok

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13266 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:22 AM

I enjoy camping, but never get to go. My buddy and I were planning on going on a nice long weekend camping trip this year, but he decided to move to China, so that plan is off.

#14 yancy

yancy

Golden God

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20240 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:47 AM

Would much rather spend a weekend in Vegas than in the woods.

I hurr that!

#15 thrillho

thrillho

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4357 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:53 AM

I enjoy camping, but never get to go.

same here. only i've actually never been. having a mother who is a city gal and very anxious to pass that on her daughter, also, no one i know ever GOES camping regularly. in my head, it's probably one of the more romantic things i can think of. is that weird? something about being under all those stars.

#16 Hewletts Daughter

Hewletts Daughter

SING! CAPTAIN!

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9713 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:54 AM

I enjoy camping, but never get to go.

same here. only i've actually never been. having a mother who is a city gal and very anxious to pass that on her daughter, also, no one i know ever GOES camping regularly. in my head, it's probably one of the more romantic things i can think of. is that weird? something about being under all those stars.

naw, thats how i always viewed camping, too. shame that i never really get to go. maybe ill change that this summer.
I've got dials and knobs soft to the touch

#17 tweed

tweed

Hipster

• Sombie
  • PipPipPip
  • 3857 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:56 AM

Not weird at all. FOr me, it's one of the most relaxing, romantic things in the world. Force your friends to try it once or just go alone with a date.
Twilight Revival
Friday, March 13th - Thornwood Lounge (Wood Dale,IL)
Tuesday, April 21 - Abbey Pub (Chicago, IL)

Web Site I MySpace

#18 ginNY

ginNY

Hipster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

LOVE LOVE CAMPING... but you already know that simakos didn't camp at all last summer cause of my move to nyc i miss the woods...but we did have campfires on the beach i gave all my camping gear to the ex though... except my hammock! i kept the freakin' hammock IT'S MINE!!! MINE!!

#19 CoolerbytheLake

CoolerbytheLake

• Sombie
  • PipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:03 PM

Reminds me of college summers. We'd camp at Raft N' Rest in White Lake. The mighty Wolf has claimed more than one pair of river socks and a number of baseball hats over the years. We went back recently and the Indians are getting to be bigger and bigger pricks. Do you want us there or don't you? Make up your minds.
"PLEASE SEE TO IT THAT I GET SOME KIND OF MEDAL FOR THIS."

#20 sKinnY

sKinnY

Maître D'

• Sombie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9439 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:08 PM

Reminds me of college summers. We'd camp at Raft N' Rest in White Lake. The mighty Wolf has claimed more than one pair of river socks and a number of baseball hats over the years. We went back recently and the Indians are getting to be bigger and bigger pricks. Do you want us there or don't you? Make up your minds.

yeah that's where we go. screw shotgun eddies...that place is always packed and kinda obnoxious. the last few summers raft n rest has been doing a weekend party. you pay 75bucks a person or something and that gets you your rafting for a day, camp spot for two nights and all you can drink keg beer and breakfast and dinner(pig roast). good times..although they have entertainment as well but it's run of the mill northern sconsi entertainment.

"what kind of moe cop doesn't give her the old suck on my balls warning?

"Posted Image